Greold killed but no courier & no Brotherhood after repeated sleeps

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Phobos

What bow are you looking for?

If you are going to end up being a conjurer, why dont you get the bound bow and you wont need to worry about having a massive amount of arrows?

I know this doesnt answer your question but at least you can have a strong weapon, infinite arrows, and level your conjuring before you complete the dragon stone quest.

Euphrosyne

OKay OP here. No note.Did Innocence lost properly(although by accident as I wandered in to the house and talked to him by accident) and COMPLETED it(was notified onscreen) about a month back since then have done 50 to 100 sidequests (the achievemant came up ages ago) walked or rather sneaked all over Skyrim, found damn near every possible site, killed virrtually hundreds of baddies, giants, smilodons, bears, trolls etc and can even face off a mammoth at master and with a bow in melee BUT NO NOTE and NO brotherhood contact despite sleeping (for up to and including 24hrs) in almost every spare bed I see or buy. I even helped that useless sod Cicero and haven't seen him since and this was AFTER Grelod went west. IMHO the brotherhood badly needs new administration and an Oblivion style "cleanup" wouldn't do any harm : )

So, its looks like I have to make a console command. Any Clues?

Euphrosyne

Phobos thank you..I will try that and the ones for the next quest...but first I may check up to see what the status is for that quest for this char. My preceding char did it okay so I may load her and check her status there first to see if I can find any anomalies.However i will rush through the dragonstone and its sequela before i do just in case this is the first necessary step for the brotherhood to notice me (althougn Grelod surely is mere bones by now)

Euphrosyne

So far I have avoided using magic weapons as they always seem to "run out of charges" at the vital moment so I tend to use the best nonmagic items until my Enchanting is at 100. Yes I know that it is probably stupid(my husband tells me that ...often) but it is how I play ALL TES games(in Oblivion it was that sword found in the ogre cave). Bound weapons also are flawed if you are silenced as has also happened to me although not in Skyrim. Anyway I have a daedric sword and an ebony sword and frankly I prefer my silver scimitar so I don't see daedric weapons here as the endall they used to be in other TES games and hence the bound ones disuse..
The honed ancient nordic bow is the one I found to be the best so far but i am using a 100 smith Forsworn bow right now..3-4 iron arrows for a giant at master although my sneak being 100 helps here. I just haven't found such a bow yet...dammit!!!
BTW the mechanics for the 15x backstab are gruesome...a nicely cut throat .....it almost had me gasping in RL

BTW I looked at your build in archery: IMHO you badly need those 3 critical hit points and does the second steady hand do much? With 100 sneak and 96 archery even master vampires go down in 1-4 shots..toughest sods are those plate clad marauder bandit chiefs who slice through my 80 + heavy armour dragonplate like it is paper and who seem invulnerable to my 85 1H and 100 block so I just use arrows 3 to 10 usually enough and the knock back keeps them out of range(mostly).

Phobos

I actually have 100 in archery now on that character and havent played that character in two weeks. I dont really want to spend the perk points on the critical hit. With my enchants on my bow and my apparel i was able to take out most characters in one hit in sneak mode. When things get dicey i bust out the slow and paralyze potions.

And no, i dont need the second steady hand, first time playing a game like this, made some mistakes and i am changing it up with my new character.

I have quiet casting to help me sneak with my bound bow with my Nord character. Need to update the perkcalculator link.

Euphrosyne

My apologies then. I don't use magic weapons unless there is a particualr need for them(soultrapping aside) and even then I tend to just "keep trying". When I hit 100 Enchant I will add some effects to my bow then just to see what happens but I take your point: 3 perks points or magical weapons..a choice.

Did the heavy perk load into speech make much difference?
As I mine every iron lode and transmute it all, money is not a problem so I haven'y put any points into speech but I often wonder if I miss anything. I tend to make low charisma chars who lack social subtlety

Phobos

Did the heavy perk load into speech make much difference?

I put most of those points into speech after i had level alchemy, smithing, enchanting, archery, and sneak to 100. I figured there wasnt much else i needed to put points into and it would help me sell off more of my junk.

My new character i am making much more money with because i understand the game mechanics more and have a routine i created with my first character. I probably wont put many points into speech unless i reach a point where i dont need them for attack or defense.

If you notice i put 1 point into locksmithing before i realized how easy it was to pick locks. Its amazing how much you can learn on every character you create.

Euphrosyne

Okay thank you for that I will continue to play my antisocial char and not waste time on speech. I noticed no armour points on your build and melee must be fun: ) but then 80 HA does not seem to help much anyway.
I asked to know about the speech perks to see if I was missing any questline due to being almost a sociopath and yes, this is my fourth char and 3d one past 30 and 2nd past 50: you do leanr by mishaps although never had this brotehrhood one before. You do learn by experience.

Re the main problem: Brotherhood..I haven't been able to access the gaming PC as my)*&^%$## children spilt a drink(s) on the keyboard and as it is an exotic one I must wait for a replacement and no..alcohol spray and compressed warm air had no effect..I even tried ether spray.. I considered murder but as they cannot play their games either...or in fact are stuck with the PS3s and laptops for which we have no Skyrim (former) and insufficient graphics (latter) it is suitable punishment and anyway they will be banned from the new keyboard forever.
Joining the brotherhood just to murder them is so tempting : )

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts