• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Couthful

Tamriel Adventurer
Hello.

I know at 200 posts my introduction is belated however hello all Skyrim Forum users! (This is the best forums for this game for your information in case you were on the fence). I love video games but retired from MMORPGs a year ago due to burn out. I played a select grouping of games for a decade+ (DAOC, EVE, LOTRO, and WOW) running guilds with a real life friend; leveling, grinding, raiding, and generally just losing sight of why we play games... TO HAVE FUN! ...not to collect loot. I must admit it takes effort for me NOT to sign up and play Star Wars: The Old Republic. I now only stick to console because the itch is just to great should I game on my PC.

I live in New England and work in the IT field doing computer repair for a chain of hospitals. I'm a skeptic and an Atheist to the core, an avid camper and recreational soccer player. My passion is for aerospace and the cosmos, trying to get a job working with computers for a private space flight firm. My favorite music is mostly classic rock, some newer stuff, little bit of rap, and electronic, my current favorites are TOOL and HIM. I don't watch much TV but will always get enthralled by Law & Order reruns, I'd vote the character DA Jack McCoy for president if he existed. Other TV I enjoy are sports, food\cooking shows, historical accounts, and scientific documentaries. I'm not a fan of remade movies and only tolerate some sequels, I'm not paying $10 to watch a rehashed idea. My games of choice right now are Skyrim, Fallout: New Vegas, Fifa, and Mass Effect 2, I plan on getting into Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning and Mass Effect 3 in the coming months.

Right now I play two characters. Smithing\Alchemy\Enchanting came close to ruining this game for me because it makes everything just too easy, I no longer craft. I try hard to use my own role play while playing as this adds a much deeper and joyful experience.

One is an Altmer Mage, I play as if I was the child of a High Elf and Dark Elf, all my decisions lean in the direction of destroying the Thalmor and erasing the guilt of previously serving the Aldmeri Dominion. My character is a Master Destruction caster but also a Master of dual wielding blades, I am protected by Alteration magic and a shield.

My second is an Argonian who I play with hard core rules (as close as possible). He will serve the Imperial Army with his two-hand sword assisted by Illusion magic working to rid Skyrim of every beast and bandit roaming the mountains. My Elf is ruthless and will do anything to get the job done however my Argonian is purely good and will act accordingly, this includes betraying the Empire should a good reason exist.

My Elder Scrolls experience dates back to Morrowind where I was wide eyed and overwhelmed with its greatness and that was only from looking at the fold able map! I was in love the second I began the game. The breadth and scope of Morrowind surpassed anything I'd played up to that point, surpassing Diablo, Icewind Dale, Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, etc by exponential amounts. Admittedly I cannot select a specific moment or event in Morrowind that hooked me in due to how long ago it was but the expansive world made me a TES fan forever.

My second dive with Bethesda was Oblivion. I can say this game never got my full attention because of other distractions in life being schooling and MMOs. I wish I had played it more because I find I cannot go back to it or even back to Fallout 3 because graphics and gameplay have advanced so much I am accustomed to the shine and polish of new console games. I regret letting the cumbersome conversation system and UI turn me off.

*Big Bang scale explosion sound followed by drum roll* And then came Skyrim... This is my favorite game in the short history of my life. Hands down without a doubt. For me Skyrim is as much an escape from reality as it is a game, if we had Matrix-like virtual reality technology to "jack" into Tamriel I would be there all TOO often lol. I have several issues with the polish of Skyrim, specifically related to quests and how they can easily become broken but the package which this game is makes up for any glitches (which will be fixed soon enough). This is the perfect game for me right now, the mix of questing and adventure coupled with exploration and distractions keep me entered for hours on end.

This is the game that made me finally get an LCD wide screen, Skyrim is the title that made me fall back into love with gaming.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
Better late than never.........Welcome to the Forums......lol

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts