• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

conchvegas

Aravis, deadly archer
I thought Skyrim had pretty decent graphics, not as good as I expected before I bought the game, but decent all the same. After playing Medal of Honor Limited Edition though...Skyrim just doesn't come up to par. I still think it's an awesome game, but a little too much hype, perhaps?

Leroyboy

Not the best, pretty durn close though. And playing a game for the graphics is a bit silly. I still play Super Mario Bros.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
It's more of an updated graphic compared to oblivion. But the hype isn't exactly from the graphic innovation...

conchvegas

Aravis, deadly archer
Not the best, pretty durn close though. And playing a game for the graphics is a bit silly. I still play Super Mario Bros.
True, just saying because I see people rave about the graphics for Skyrim, and when compared to other games out there they're just not as good. I don't play Skyrim for the graphics by the way, but it's something I noted.

LordTalos

Skyrims graphics are beautiful and especially maxed out. I really do appreciate the graphical side and hard work put into this game. I'll never compare this to other games, due to the fact games like medal of honour have small locations and the game lasts 4 hours. This game is BIG with open spaced locations and required more time to create. I was very impressed with the water physics especially in Skyrim.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
The graphic isn't the best but the scenery of Skyrim is awesome. You can see the mountains from afar and you can make some cool screenshots that feel alive and real. Traveling across Skyrim under the night sky with mountains in the distance, you can see how much effort the devs put in to make Skyrim what it is

LordTalos

The graphic isn't the best but the scenery of Skyrim is awesome. You can see the mountains from afar and you can make some cool screenshots that feel alive and real. Traveling across Skyrim under the night sky with mountains in the distance, you can see how much effort the devs put in to make Skyrim what it is

I agree, not many games show this great scenery/distance and most is travelable. GT5 had some nice scenery in the background, (Snow mountains) however that's a racing game. This is a fully open landscape with impressive detail. Each rock and plant was placed and not many games can match the elder scrolls atmosphere and detail. Many people might bring up GTA and FARCRY and I like games that give this open world. I still think Skyrim is the best for that and the gameplay is there to match.

Garrison

. I was very impressed with the water physics especially in Skyrim.

I agree; the water effects are fantastic... and wonderfully varied from one section of a river to the next. I also find that the blowing snow off the drifts is pretty nice as well.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts