PC Graphics glitch help needed,unplayable, would just love to be able too :(

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

clay467

im bassicly having the same problem as this youtube video shows

it says fixed and had a link to a fix, i tried it and didnt work,in fact im lucky i created a restore point before i tried anything

attached to this is my DXDIAG files which i think would have my computer specs in it

i have a crap graphics card for gaming but with most high end games i can get them to work with tweaking and other smart people things im still not sure what i do, i can get fallout new vegas working with 60 fps, on medium graphics, my family,has a laptop actually older with a crappier graphics card and it works perfectly fine on the lowest settings,looks dont matter to me,but i cant be messing with my family laptop when i have my own,if anyone knows a fix for this help would be much appreciated, whether you show me a fix, or explain what to do from the posted youtibe video more clearly, because im bad at this stuff

im sorry for my poor grammar its late

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    25.8 KB · Views: 6

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Skyrim is more demanding on the GPU than Fallout New Vegas so the fact that you could play that game isn't an indicator that you should be able to do the same with Skyrim. What you have isn't even a graphics card, it's an integrated graphics chipset. The only thing I can recommend is that you do a Google search for tweaking Skyrim .ini files for low end GPU's. You'll want to tweak them to minimize the resolution to the lowest possible setting, minimize draw distances, minimize detailed rendering distances, turn off shadows and nerf lighting effects. I can't offer specifics because I've never had a need to tweak the .ini files on that level but I've read about players that have done it for their low end GPU's.

If you've already done that you might also want to check to see if your laptop can still handle Fall Out New Vegas. Depending on the age of your GPU there's a possibility your GPU is dying. Pushing the GPU to handle applications it was never meant to handle can cut its normal lifespan.

Dagmar

One other thing you might want to do is make sure your driver is up to date but you'll want to go to the official Intel page for drivers, not the link that Youtube video poster posted.

clay467

i tried all that ini tweaking thing i always do that before i even start a new game, i said my family laptop has an even worse and older graphics card and with all the same tweaks and skyboost mod it runs at 25 fps, i read all over the internet that my graphics card has the problem, that fix there just confused me and i didnt do it right, i just would like an explanation to do it right and try that to hope it works

clay467

pretty much all you need.
Can You RUN It | Can I run that game | Game system requirements
also, make sure you update your drivers. to know your drivers, you can use Speccy, or look at My computer -> properties.
can you run it.com is bullcrap, that thing says nothing can run, i try that thing after i have the game, old games like halo 1, call of duty 1, minecraft, it says my comp fails,they all work

kuuuuurt

maybe something's not right, or maybe something is preventing it? i've been using it for a year now. even my friends use it too.

clay467

Skyrim is more demanding on the GPU than Fallout New Vegas so the fact that you could play that game isn't an indicator that you should be able to do the same with Skyrim. What you have isn't even a graphics card, it's an integrated graphics chipset. The only thing I can recommend is that you do a Google search for tweaking Skyrim .ini files for low end GPU's. You'll want to tweak them to minimize the resolution to the lowest possible setting, minimize draw distances, minimize detailed rendering distances, turn off shadows and nerf lighting effects. I can't offer specifics because I've never had a need to tweak the .ini files on that level but I've read about players that have done it for their low end GPU's.

If you've already done that you might also want to check to see if your laptop can still handle Fall Out New Vegas. Depending on the age of your GPU there's a possibility your GPU is dying. Pushing the GPU to handle applications it was never meant to handle can cut its normal lifespan.

ive had new vegas since it came out, never any problems or decay of my computer

kuuuuurt

wait, your GFX is Intel Graphics HD? If it is, then i think Skyrim will not work, since that kind off gfx are only basic and built in for browsing and stuff

clay467

ok well i tried driveragent the free thing that canyourunit.com gave me and of course its not free,it does say my Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator HD is out of date which annoys me becuase i tried updating many times, maybe all i need is some help on getting the right update, would one of you mind helping me,it said my driver is dated 2009, but in system properties it says its up to date,can i have a helpful link from someone who knows what there doing?

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
i tried all that ini tweaking thing i always do that before i even start a new game, i said my family laptop has an even worse and older graphics card and with all the same tweaks and skyboost mod it runs at 25 fps, i read all over the internet that my graphics card has the problem, that fix there just confused me and i didnt do it right, i just would like an explanation to do it right and try that to hope it works

An older machine may have an actual graphics card in which case it can run Skyrim. Even people with newer machines that have that Intel chip have a terrible time. My laptop is well below the specs for the game, but I can run it because of my graphics card.

You need to be really careful comparing systems and games because saying it's like 'apples and oranges' doesn't even begin to describe all the differences that can be in play. An older graphics card isn't necessarily a worse experience. As Dagmar pointed out, that Intel thing isn't even a card.

This is hardly scientific, but I've yet to see someone with that embedded Intel stuff actually post here saying that the game works for them. I've seen a ton of posts saying it doesn't. I'm not sure if you can get a card in that laptop but you may do some research on your particular model. I remember looking at all the specs for the Intel graphics a while back and it wasn't promising.

From the comments on that video, all I can fathom is that those guys totally removed the old driver, then reinstalled a new driver. Tracking down the right driver for your system seemed to be the biggest problem.

clay467

my family computer is also intel just an older version,i tried looking at my manufacture to get help but my laptop model was discontinued for some reason, so i cant get help there,im 17 with plenty of money to spend on a laptop, im going to the states in a week,if i could get some recommendations for laptops that would play skyrim and maybe medium graphics, maybe suggestions under 800$ becuase this laptop i can still use for things the other one just games maybe,but really,graphics arnt too important,ive gotten used to liking the older looks of games for 4 years with this peice of plops

Dagmar

...it said my driver is dated 2009, but in system properties it says its up to date,can i have a helpful link from someone who knows what there doing?
Your laptop OS may say your driver is up to date but that is often not true, especially with GPU drivers. You need to go to Intel to get the official drivers. This link should take you to the latest driver which is Win7Vista_64_152254.exe version 15.22.54.64.2622 released on 01/21/2012. You should make a restore point before installing it though because although these drivers often work fine, the original equipment manufacturer, i.e. Toshiba, sometimes customizes the chipsets in ways that may be incompatible with the Intel generic drivers. If that turns out to be the case then you'll have to go to the Toshiba site for product support to see if they have updated drivers, but often the OEM has very poor driver update support with only essential updates which is why drivers can be old with the laptop saying that it's up to date.

clay467

Your laptop OS may say your driver is up to date but that is often not true, especially with GPU drivers. You need to go to Intel to get the official drivers. This link should take you to the latest driver which is Win7Vista_64_152254.exe version 15.22.54.64.2622 released on 01/21/2012. You should make a restore point before installing it though because although these drivers often work fine, the original equipment manufacturer, i.e. Toshiba, sometimes customizes the chipsets in ways that may be incompatible with the Intel generic drivers. If that turns out to be the case then you'll have to go to the Toshiba site for product support to see if they have updated drivers, but often the OEM has very poor driver update support with only essential updates which is why drivers can be old with the laptop saying that it's up to date.

ok thank you i will try this,but i tried just so many just like this one,and in device settings i went to my card and clicked update and it said it was latest

enfiniti

You've probably done all of the following, but if not:

One thing i would do is check under the intel graphics settings to see if you can turn somethings on/off:

Antialiasing(AA)
anisotropic filtering(AF)
v-sync

Depending on what options you have, I would definitely suggest turning of AA and AF. As far as v-sync, that is something you would just have to test to see if it gives you a result or not.

Also, the download link on that video that you posted i would not use. If you haven't done so, go to intel's website and download the latest driver directly from them.

clay467

You've probably done all of the following, but if not:

One thing i would do is check under the intel graphics settings to see if you can turn somethings on/off:

Antialiasing(AA)
anisotropic filtering(AF)
v-sync

Depending on what options you have, I would definitely suggest turning of AA and AF. As far as v-sync, that is something you would just have to test to see if it gives you a result or not.

Also, the download link on that video that you posted i would not use. If you haven't done so, go to intel's website and download the latest driver directly from them.
unfortunetly i have done all those things,i tweaked the crap out of the INI.files, i have it on 640x480 both fullscreen and not,fraps reads it 30 fps but i cant see anythingmim downloading a new update now,i hope it works

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts