Xbox 360 Getting Real Tired of Your plops Bethesda (Rant)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
So, I recently bought Dawnguard and Hearthfire in the last week. I have enjoyed Dawnguard and TRIED to enjoy Hearthfire. But one problem, bugs. Yes I know this is normal Bethesda behavior; but when I can't even walk into my house I just spent hours building, there is a problem. Originally I could walk around in my house for a few minutes without the game freezing up. But now I have decided to adopt a child and whenever I walk into the house the little prick runs up to me and before he can get two words out of his mouth my game freezes. Now yes I heard buying the Dawnstar house is best because it has less glitches, but I don't think I should have to get a new house and spend more time building it when I have a perfectly good one in Falkreath. And Dragonborn is supposed to come out soon when they haven't even fixed Hearthfire... So yeah, rant over.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
I haven't touched Skyrim in some time, and I have Dawnguard and Hearthfire. I haven't encountered any issues with these DLCs besides not being able to purchase the Alchemy table for Breezehome. How many save files do you have on your hard drive? I know both consoles don't like too many save files stored up. Bogs it down for some reason.

Beelzemonic

I play on Xbox and havent ever experience those kind of bugs or freezes, guess im just lucky. I have both Dawnguard and Hearthfire, and live in the Falkreath and Pale houses. Do you still have the workbenches that you use to build the furniture inside the house? If so, I suggest to remove them, because there is a known bug to cause massive system freezes if the workbenches are enabled.

I play on Xbox and havent ever experience those kind of bugs or freezes, guess im just lucky. I have both Dawnguard and Hearthfire, and live in the Falkreath and Pale houses. Do you still have the workbenches that you use to build the furniture inside the house? If so, I suggest to remove them, because there is a known bug to cause massive system freezes if the workbenches are enabled.

Thanks I'll try.

This had made me laugh for about 3 days now :p
*Looks at post... hasn't even been there for 24 hours* Hey! Good job discovering time travel about two and a half days from now and coming back here to tell me in the past that my post had made future you laugh for three whole days! :D

Edit: Well, ok... it happens to be more like 2 days, 4 hours and 30 minutes. But congratulations either way. What's it like in the future?

ZPfor3

Arch-Mage/Harbinger in Training
*Looks at post... hasn't even been there for 24 hours* Hey! Good job discovering time travel about two and a half days from now and coming back here to tell me in the past that my post had made future you laugh for three whole days! :D

Edit: Well, ok... it happens to be more like 2 days, 4 hours and 30 minutes. But congratulations either way. What's it like in the future?
Okay? I was just trying to give you a compliment.

JClarke1953

There are many, many bug's/glitches in this game. Everything from getting ALL of the Word's of Power to stuff falling out of shelves, out of display cases, unclothed NPC's (good thing there's a black bar covering certain area's on adopted children, or we'd all get in trouble for sure!). And some of the problem's are "game-stopper's, halting any more advancement but for going after more coin.

The dialogue's we have to choose from are too limited, killed Dragon's with no Soul, the constant stall's and stop's and on and on.

What makes all this "worse" is that Bethesda KNOWS! And they've done squat to fix it, putting all of their attention on upcoming game's. I don't know about anyone else, but if this is how Bethesda is going to do business, by putting out a game that really wasn't ready, do they REALLY think I will put out $50.00-$60.00 for another product of theirs!?

But I guess all we can do now is to plug along with what we have and wait until a game similar to this, but READY and worked over before put into the market. Frankly, I think Bethesda's mistake was to join with Steam. They have ruined several game's I used to play, online or single-player.

I have 2 games, Reckoning (which was great! The one thing I learned to look out for is what loot to grab, as so,eti,e the loot was for a quest, and at times didn't register as having the item's when given the quest). Thing is, that particular problem occurs often in this game.

Seems Bethesda is more interested in $$$$ than making surewhat they put out is of good quality.

Okay? I was just trying to give you a compliment.
I know, and I'm a sarcastic butt. I am sorry. :p *hugs*
There are many, many bug's/glitches in this game. Everything from getting ALL of the Word's of Power to stuff falling out of shelves, out of display cases, unclothed NPC's (good thing there's a black bar covering certain area's on adopted children, or we'd all get in trouble for sure!). And some of the problem's are "game-stopper's, halting any more advancement but for going after more coin.

The dialogue's we have to choose from are too limited, killed Dragon's with no Soul, the constant stall's and stop's and on and on.

What makes all this "worse" is that Bethesda KNOWS! And they've done squat to fix it, putting all of their attention on upcoming game's. I don't know about anyone else, but if this is how Bethesda is going to do business, by putting out a game that really wasn't ready, do they REALLY think I will put out $50.00-$60.00 for another product of theirs!?

But I guess all we can do now is to plug along with what we have and wait until a game similar to this, but READY and worked over before put into the market. Frankly, I think Bethesda's mistake was to join with Steam. They have ruined several game's I used to play, online or single-player.

I have 2 games, Reckoning (which was great! The one thing I learned to look out for is what loot to grab, as so,eti,e the loot was for a quest, and at times didn't register as having the item's when given the quest). Thing is, that particular problem occurs often in this game.

Seems Bethesda is more interested in $$$$ than making surewhat they put out is of good quality.
Yup. Honestly, I had never played a Bethesda game before Skyrim, and after Skyrim I'm really not sure I'm interested in buying another one of their products. Don't get me wrong, it's an awesome game. But there are a lot of awesome games out there.

Twiffle

Strange how we all sit on these type of forums and complain about the bugs, glitches and crashes due to bad original programming from the producer of this and other games. Perhaps then we should all consider compiling a joint case to sue them as we have bought a game which is possibly unfit for purpose, unplayable and unnecessary to put up with for general entertainment reasons, ,especially as they seem to have our money up front and release a product known to be faulty from the outset, , this of course is only my opinion, , , would be interesteing if it could be done, make them produce and release products that actually work, I mean, think about it, a manufacturer produces a product it develops a fault and its covered under warranty and you can have your money back, , lol

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Strange how we all sit on these type of forums and complain about the bugs, glitches and crashes due to bad original programming from the producer of this and other games. Perhaps then we should all consider compiling a joint case to sue them as we have bought a game which is possibly unfit for purpose, unplayable and unnecessary to put up with for general entertainment reasons, ,especially as they seem to have our money up front and release a product known to be faulty from the outset, , this of course is only my opinion, , , would be interesteing if it could be done, make them produce and release products that actually work, I mean, think about it, a manufacturer produces a product it develops a fault and its covered under warranty and you can have your money back, , lol

tumblr_mde6u5b7Qw1rwn8v0.gif

Sean

lost somewhere
I never had that issue with Hearthfire.

I already built/furnished every house, and put everything I have in the Falkreath house, and I even placed objects down to make it unique.

Then made every person (steward, housecarl, driver) into a vampire in all of my houses with my character being a Vampire Lord.

Never had any issue with freezing and Hearthfire content.
Only instances of freezing I have had is with Dawnguard and Dragonborn (but Dragonborn is in beta so really can't complain)

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
I'm silently praying that DB gets delayed on XBox 360 due to unforeseen problems and PS3 gets it first and then you get it months later. I'm sure if that happened PS3 owners wouldn't be complaining even if it froze at every point. However, Skyrim is a Bethesda game, which means, bugs, glitches, lag, freezing, temporary suspension of logic and reason as a dog's eyes float on the left side of its head one above the other looking at the dog's head while still moving in relation to said dog's head, and lots and lots of unstable DLC.

EDIT: I forgot to mention Beth games are all amazing.

Saozig

Hippy
I haven't had any serious glitchiness with the house. Most of my complaints with Hearthfire is with how I wish it could be but it's not.

But I have noticed a couple of things that have irked me since getting the add-on:

--more weirdness from animals everywhere in the game. Deer appearing out of nowhere in front me, mammoths dropping out of the sky, bears running in place. That sort of thing.
--more animals/NPCs falling/passing through stuff. Mudcrabs disappearing into the ground after I kill them, merchants standing in the middle of their counters, my follower's shield embedded into their torso. That sort of thing.
--Occasional sluggish movement when looking around while standing in an interior location, like inside a tavern. I adjusted my settings to compensate and it's not so much a problem now, but still.

Annoying because this didn't happen nearly as often before I got Hearthfire. There was a recent Xbox update for Skyrim the other day and some of these issues seem smoothed out a bit, but today I did see my follower's shield cutting her in half again.

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
I haven't really faced any Hearthfire bugs because I can't seem to create a character that wants to be a parent or own a private house for that matter. Perhaps I will with my new devised character build. I think the only one I did experience when testing it out was crafting the Alchemy Table. As for Dawnguard, there was this funny one where in normal form I would still be floating with my arms arched out like a Vampire Lord. I would still be able to pull out a sword and attack, but it wouldn't show. The only really annoying one I faced was how a radiant Volkihar quest initiated when I killed a Whiterun Guard and how I couldn't get a new quest afterwards. But no bugs have I faced from both DLCs that were really horrible in my view. Once I get my Toxicologist Build on a roll (that's my new idea), I shall see what all is bugged with Hearthfire and whatnot.

The workbench did fix almost all of my problems with Hearthfire which is great. I had never heard of the workbenches causing problems in Hearthfire, and it was the source of all of mine!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts