Xbox 360 General questions

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

devildriver1134

So, I've read through the forums and saw that there's, apparently, someone on here that keeps asking for help leveling up with no info, etc etc. I'm going to try and do a better job.

First, I kind of feel like I'm not leveling up fast enough.

General information - I'm playing a Nord. I'm currently a Level 7. At first I was mainly only doing the main quest, so I'm just past the first meeting with the Greybeards. I recently started doing side quests for the main purpose to try and get as much gold as possible(I had 400 MS points leftover from a purchase and wanted to get Hearthfire.)
Anyway, I went to start the Dark Brotherhood adventure and after meeting in the abandoned shack, I seemed to be attacked by a dragon, no matter where I was going. After being defeated by the dragon quite a few times, then a level 6, I abandoned the Dark Brotherhood for a while and switched quests only to be attacked by a dragon again.
Eventually, I decided that I needed to learn more magic so I began a trek to Winterhold and actually got sidetracked in Windhelm by some side quests. The dragon attacked again but I had some help from Windhelm and defeated him this time, absorbing his soul.

So, if you suffered through that, that's where I am currently after about a week's gameplay. I'm playing my first time through pretty straight-forward as an honorable warrior(aside from the Dark Brotherhood thing) and not murdering random people, etc.
Does it seem like I'm on track or am I correct in feeling that I'm leveling somewhat slow?

MagicBlade

Instinctive
I've had that same problem before. Really, just keep on doing the side quest, as they provide good money and experience etc. The main quest is good to do first as it gives your character some levels. The Guild quests are good, too. I think you should just keep on doing side quest. You're not levelling slow, I've had the same issue, I had finished the main quest + the thieves guild quest and was only lvl 29. So, really it's just the game.

devildriver1134

Good to know it's not just me, then. My understanding was that I can pretty much keep side quests going forever, so I kind of figured that maybe it was just the way the game was made, also understanding that it's supposed to have more realistic leveling. Just figured I'd check it out.
Good times.

ZombieTrash143

Hellish rock-and-roll Freak
It's your playing style. I was level 30 before I went to the Greybeards for the first time. Although have you downloaded the 1.9 patch? That could fix your dragon problem since it has reduced the amount of random dragon attacks :)

It took me 2 weeks to reach level 10 and that was playing everyday for about 5 or 6 hours lol if you haven't played before then you're just getting used to it. Don't rush it and enjoy the game :)

Miryks

I've played two characters, and the second time I leveled almost twice as quickly and the main difference was working on the Smithing skill. I didn't pay attention to it too much the first time and just kept on looking for better armours in the world. Being able to improve your armour and weapons makes a huge difference and allows you to level up the armour while still taking a beating, as well as gain perks for it, and keeps you in a fight longer to get the hits in to level up and gain perks for the one-handed or two-handed style. You do need gold for it though, and despite your good nord nature the thieves guild seems to be the best way to get gold for me, and also increasing the pickpocket skill.

P.S. It may just be personal preference but the damage on magic seems completely weak to me. It takes so much more than just one swipe with a sword. The one exception in my opinion is conjuration, as conjuring another being is like having an extra follower to an extent when you are in tough battles. Hope that helps.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts