• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Cherry

Farfetch'd is judging you!
Hello, does anyone find it viable to specialize in frost magic? It seems 90% of enemies are either resistant to it, or weak to something else. I've tried a frost mage, and in all honesty, frost magic felt useless, and I ended up just using fire and shock anyway.

Any thoughts?

S0ulSuka

I think that you should do frost spells as just a backup. You are most certainly right, lots of enemies are more succeptible to shock or fire than to frost. I would switch to fire spells.

Howarthee

Qa'Darri - The unknown thief
I feel the same. The frost spells are pretty much pointless. I've always loved the fire spells.

Cherry

Farfetch'd is judging you!
Well, I'd really like to create a Lich King (from Warcraft) kinda character, and necromancy + frost spells would be ideal. But I'm almost certain I'll drift toward fire and shock anyway.

ShadowGambit

Skyrim is a COOOOLLLLLD place for most of it, so it is pretty normal that creatures have a inherent resistance to Frost.

That makes the Frost spells less efficient than the 2 other lines, except for very specific situations. For me, those situations are not numerous enough to develop the Frost spells.

I'd rather go the Shock line way, which is the less resist of the 3. Also, Desintegrate is the only "low life" spells in destruction that is worth it in my opinion.

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
Frost magic is really more ideal against warriors. A good number of those warriors are Nords, so they're likely to resist the damage, but should still slow down quite a bit. Then again, I had instances where a Bandit Chief was like, "BITCH! DON'T PULL THAT FROST SLOW DOWN SHlT ON ME!"

Streets

The Gentleman Owl
I find it annoying that frost magic, when used against us, stacks and compounds the slowing problem. Sometimes I get hit by one Ice Storm and it registers multiple "hits" because of staying in the stream. This slows me to a crawl, as if I were overencumbered, sneaking, walking, and double overencumbered again.

However, the most an enemy can be slowed by our frost attacks is 50% (feels like only 10%), but it seems they can still sprint through that. I shoot multiple ice spikes into a charging warrior, I backpedal and shoot, and he still catches me and hits me. Even if he is a heavy armor wearer and I'm in robes. It is a tad frustrating in that regard. Maybe frost would be too overpowered if it stacked on enemies.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts