Free Shacks in Skyrim Safe?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Mathiark

Hardy Wood Elf
I want to use one of the shacks in skyrim because I'm not TOO fond of the houses in skyrim, but is it really safe? I don't want all my loot going bye bye.

Xivia4

Skyrim:Houses - UESPWiki

Look for the shacks and then go to their page to find out which container doesn't respawn. For 5k you might as well get Breezehome. It's quite convenient since its almost close to everything you need.

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
I often use Helgen Inn as a place to store my stuff. It has an end table and a wardrobe. It also has a bed, but it's apparently owned by someone that isn't me. :rolleyes:

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Furniture (end tables, dressers, cupboards and wardrobes) don't respawn contents and are safe for storage. Barrels, chests, sacks, knapsacks, and satchels will respawn their contents but if you visit the area frequently you'll reset the timer before the containers respawn. Some have shorter timers than others though so unless you test them thoroughly by putting something in them and staying out of the area for X number of days you wont know how many days the respawn timer is set to. Generally it's not a good idea to use respawning containers for storage.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts