• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

No Guarantees

A friend of mine that also plays the game told me about this little thing called marriage in Skyrim, which is actually really awesome. So I went and tried it. I initially wanted to marry a man from my group, the Companions, but the option never came up. So I ended up marrying another woman. I like that they can have male/male or female/female weddings, it's really cool!

But yeah, onto my short-lived marriage. It was fun at first... but then my wife ditched me. LOL I'm (I was?) married to Janessa, she's a mercenary in Whiterun and she helped me kill a dragon in Riften just moments after we exchanged our vows. Bad-ass wife, huh? Yeppers!

I think she might have disappeared from my game, though, because I cannot find her in Whiterun -- or anywhere. I didn't get a letter or an inheritance or whatever, so I know she's not dead... I'm a couple gold coins away from having the money to buy a house, so I'm hoping that she'll appear there at one point. It's been a about a week or so in-game that I haven't seen her. She's usually in the tavern, right? ANYWAY.

So, who has a married character in the game, and who are you married to? Who do you recommend and why? Do you have any fun stories to share?

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor
You might check around Riften if you haven't found Jenassa, though you may just want to reload a save from before the marriage and give it another shot. Spouses tend to ditch the ceremony at the end, so it's best to get out of the closing remarks and grab your spouse before s/he walks out.

My main's married to Lydia, though at the time I had to use the console to bypass her marriage glitch. I tried marrying Camilla once before that (just to see what marriage was like), but she walked out and disappeared. I now joke that my character had a brief fling with her before marrying Lydia.
standalone

Hooray, mods!

No Guarantees

I went to the bar she usually hangs around, and actually found her sitting there. I should have broken up with her then and there for making me think she'd died on me! But when I checked how much money she'd made for me from the "store" she runs and she made up for it big time. 2700 coins allowed me to buy her and myself a house and upgrade it twice.

And finally, that's such an awesome screenshot! I love it! :D