• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

SkyOracle

anyone has any flickering issue in Skyrim? I have got this in a couple of games also but they seem quite old I didn't test my system with a newer game so I can't say the flickering issue exists in newer games too. so I have the flickering issue in Unigine Heaven 3.0, Chess Titan in Windows (the reflection a bit flicker when the board rotates) and in Skyrim. it doesn't flicker everything. it just flicker shadows a bit and the distance object BUT only when the character moves when the camera stop moving flicker gone. I don't understand how to resolve this issue I have done everything.
update the graphic driver to latest one (both WHQL and Beta,),made a clean installation, update the windows, directx, clean all dusts of the computer and made the temp reduce but still I see the flicker. it came recently somehow I dunno what made it appeared.

Hadean

if its happening only outdoors then this may fix it, edit the skyrim.ini file (backup the ini just incase)

fSunShadowUpdateTime=.25
fSunUpdateThreshold=1.5

it delays the suns movements across the sky so shadows update less. from the OP of the fix the sun updates every 16 minutes of game time so you may notice flicker then, thats if it works at all >.<

if it does work credit to SlayingMellow off nexus forum, it fixed it for me some time ago on my old pc

edit:
you will need to add those in the display section of skyrim.ini

SkyOracle

okay I downloaded and installed the Heaven 4 now the flickering is very low but still there are small flickering in shadows when the camera moves like I had with Heaven 3.0 also the shadows flicker on the ground which moves up and down in the sky. but now only the shadows flicker. I have the latest BETA driver nvidia btw.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts