• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

psychadelic145

Hi im new to skyrim and im in Whiterun or whatever but im having trouble killing anyone with a god damn shield.....whats an easy way ive tried magika and a bunch of other plops but it keeps spawning me in the town and the guards have killed me atleast 10 times while i try n kill them but i have no chance because of their shields....any help would be nice Thanks

Migaluch

Um... don't attack guards at a low level because they will own you? Lol, yeah shields are tough, thats why you shouldn't attack them head on when they have their shield raised, you'll only get staggered and be open for attack. That's what Power Attacks are for. I don't know what you focus on, but if you are melee oriented, just use a good Power Attack and it'll stagger them, making them open for an attack. That's what I do.

But seriously, don't fight guards.

psychadelic145

Um... don't attack guards at a low level because they will own you? Lol, yeah shields are tough, thats why you shouldn't attack them head on when they have their shield raised, you'll only get staggered and be open for attack. That's what Power Attacks are for. I don't know what you focus on, but if you are melee oriented, just use a good Power Attack and it'll stagger them, making them open for an attack. That's what I do.

But seriously, don't fight guards.
Well heres the unfortunate part i didn't mean to steal stuff i was trying to talk to a person and they considered me stealing and now guards are on me...how do i make them stop? lol

wheato

Premium Member
I can only echo what Migaluch said. Power attack them and take them off balance, then come in with a normal attack before they get their shield up. Also, anticipate their attacks and try sidestepping to backpeddling, then countering with an attack of your own. You could also attempt a sneak attack, or fire a bow at them from far away.

psychadelic145

I can only echo what Migaluch said. Power attack them and take them off balance, then come in with a normal attack before they get their shield up. Also, anticipate their attacks and try sidestepping to backpeddling, then countering with an attack of your own. You could also attempt a sneak attack, or fire a bow at them from far away.
im in the middle of a town i dont think the bow will work xD i wish tho :/

Migaluch

Well heres the unfortunate part i didn't mean to steal stuff i was trying to talk to a person and they considered me stealing and now guards are on me...how do i make them stop? lol
You can sheathe your weapon and they might yield and you will either pay a fine and go to jail, or just open up a previous save. Going to jail isn't all that bad, you just lose a small amount of experience.

I also forgot to mention, Unrelenting Force works wonders on shield-bearers as well. :)

psychadelic145

You can sheathe your weapon and they might yield and you will either pay a fine and go to jail, or just open up a previous save. Going to jail isn't all that bad, you just lose a small amount of experience.

I also forgot to mention, Unrelenting Force works wonders on shield-bearers as well. :)
hopefully thattll work i was about to give up lmao xD

wheato

Premium Member
Yeah, didn't see your post about the guards not leaving you alone until after I'd posted. I'd say hand yourself in. Have you never been given the option to go to prison?

psychadelic145

Yeah, didn't see your post about the guards not leaving you alone until after I'd posted. I'd say hand yourself in. Have you never been given the option to go to prison?
Well they did but i pressed the wrong button because my curious puppy was being a fag and attacked me D:

wheato

Premium Member
Kill the puppy and harvest it's meat/fur.

Edit: Sorry, was thinking in terms of Skyrim logic... :p

wheato

Premium Member
Talking about accidents that make the guards come after you, I went to talk to someone the other day but accidentally clicked on an item on the table in front of her instead. The guards quickly came, and as much as I wanted to tell them it was my 360 controllers fault, there wasn't an option to do so. I ended up paying them and getting some of my stuff taken from me (which was stuff I'd stolen earlier).

psychadelic145

Talking about accidents that make the guards come after you, I went to talk to someone the other day but accidentally clicked on an item on the table in front of her instead. The guards quickly came, and as much as I wanted to tell them it was my 360 controllers fault, there wasn't an option to do so. I ended up paying them and getting some of my stuff taken from me (which was stuff I'd stolen earlier).
Oh that blows man haha

wheato

Premium Member
Oh that blows man haha

It sucked. I was just finishing up a quest when I picked up a plate I think it was. It was in an inn, so the person who shouted out that I was a thief probably didn't even own the plate. Oh, and for all she knew, I could have simply been clearing the table for her... Damn woman!