• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Michael632

Man, I am just so fed up with the glitches in this game. It's getting to the point where I seriously can't even play it.

I have had so many glitches happening that I want to rip my hair out. Just today, I've had three annoying endless loading screens, 3 times I've had this weird glitch where you appear in this weird purplish sky and you're just floating there, twice I've had a glitch where there is no furniture or anything around, just open space, and you can't go anywhere, and now I'm getting glitches that don't even make sense! I tried to walk out of the East Empire Company Warehouse, and after the screen finished loading, it made another loading screen, and then my character started floating and spinning in the air. After that, it went to another loading screen, and my character appeared out in some fields and kept dying with the sound of a spell nearby. I tried loading it again, and the same glitch happened. I don't know what to say. This game has been so incredible, yet I can barely play it for 5 minutes without having to restart my PS3 to play it. I'm having a serious love/hate relationship with it right now. Help?

Cody667

There are only three realistic possible problems, and me pointing them out isn't helping as much as the annoying things you'd have to do to rectify them:

1. Your copy is tainted. If your PS3 works fine for other games perhaps something is wrong with your copy of Skyrim, and replacing it may be necessary.

2. Your PS3 has issues. If it does this for other games you'll probably have to get your PS3 looked at (hopefully this isn't the case). Before doing this I recommend going through all of your stored data and clean out what you don't need, as there may be a bug caused by some other tainted file of some sort.

3. You haven't downloaded the latest updates for your console and for Skyrim (though that seems highly unlikely, I'm sure you've thought of that)

Michael632

There are only three realistic possible problems, and me pointing them out isn't helping as much as the annoying things you'd have to do to rectify them:

1. Your copy is tainted. If your PS3 works fine for other games perhaps something is wrong with your copy of Skyrim, and replacing it may be necessary.

2. Your PS3 has issues. If it does this for other games you'll probably have to get your PS3 looked at (hopefully this isn't the case). Before doing this I recommend going through all of your stored data and clean out what you don't need, as there may be a bug caused by some other tainted file of some sort.

3. You haven't downloaded the latest updates for your console and for Skyrim (though that seems highly unlikely, I'm sure you've thought of that)

Thanks for the input.

My PS3 has always worked fine on all the other games I've played, and I have Skyrim updated to 1.5. I guess the copy is tainted. :/ What's weird is that I had never started experiencing these glitches until yesterday. Maybe a corrupt file? I don't know how to fix it though .

Cody667

Thanks for the input.

My PS3 has always worked fine on all the other games I've played, and I have Skyrim updated to 1.5. I guess the copy is tainted. :/ What's weird is that I had never started experiencing these glitches until yesterday. Maybe a corrupt file? I don't know how to fix it though .

That's possible too, maybe try starting a new file and playing through a couple quests and see if it works properly

redrkt

Premium Member
about the only thing you can do with a corrupted file is delete it, there is no saving it.

Cody667

In the case that I do have a corrupted file, what do I do to fix it?

eek in that case I couldn't help you. I always backup my file when I'm done playing to avoid that problem...and I'm not sure how you could recover old data...there oughta be some PS3 tech experts on this board though...

Michael632

eek in that case I couldn't help you. I always backup my file when I'm done playing to avoid that problem...and I'm not sure how you could recover old data...there oughta be some PS3 tech experts on this board though...

I have some backup data files.

Train

Is that all you got?!
You could try deleting all the Skyrim data, everything, then reloading it. It would seem that PS3 users have been screwed. Bethesda is used to making games for PC and Xbox, and while both of those also have problems, it's no where near as bad as PS3. Honestly, I think Bethesda shouldn't have tried making a version for Playstation, I realize they wanted to branch out and get a wider audience, but it's cost them dearly. Not only has making it cross platform compatible caused problems for PS3, but it's also making it worse for the other two.

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
Most games are designed on PC/Xbox architecture then ported to PS3 which has a completely different and more complex architecture (overly complicated if you ask most developers). Most multi console games are more buggy on PS3 due to this issue. That's why I stopped buying games on my PS3. Only PS3 exclusive games run 100% perfect. Resistance/KillZone etc.

Most games are designed on PC/Xbox architecture then ported to PS3 which has a completely different and more complex architecture (overly complicated if you ask most developers). Most multi console games are more buggy on PS3 due to this issue. That's why I stopped buying games on my PS3. Only PS3 exclusive games run 100% perfect. Resistance/KillZone etc.

Regardless of how accurate that statement is, it is irrelevant, as we have already determined these issues are not normal PS3 bugs. In fact, I haven't experienced a bug exclusive to PS3. The only two bugs I have experience are issues on all 3 (PC,PS3,xbox) Only difference, the PC bugs had solutions using commands. I am level 56 so I have played a lot.

redrkt

Premium Member
I have some backup data files.

the best solution to your problem is having a backup on a flashdrive that you can load back onto the console after reloading the game, I have a separate flashdrive for each acct I have on the PS3 and each one gets backed up to my PC everyday that way I have a good copy no matter what. I currently have 11 accts on my PS3 (different acct for each of my racing games) and have probably 15 flashdrives sitting on my desk (each one is numbered and named to avoid confusion) and I have a USB extender that goes from my consoles to my desk so that I don't have to fight getting to the console to switch flashdrives.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Please let us know if clearing out the game data has helped you out. I believe someone posted links to tell you how to do this. It's not deleting the saved games.

Do you play straight from the disc? I wonder if thers a scratch or dust or something? I've had that cause silliness on games on occasion on the Wii.

Train

Is that all you got?!
Regardless of how accurate that statement is, it is irrelevant, as we have already determined these issues are not normal PS3 bugs. In fact, I haven't experienced a bug exclusive to PS3. The only two bugs I have experience are issues on all 3 (PC,PS3,xbox) Only difference, the PC bugs had solutions using commands. I am level 56 so I have played a lot.

I believe there is at least one exclusive PS3 bug. Supposedly dragons would sometimes fly backwards; I'm not entirely sure if this is a bug or not, it could be the overgrown Argonians are simply showing off. :D

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
I believe there is at least one exclusive PS3 bug. Supposedly dragons would sometimes fly backwards; I'm not entirely sure if this is a bug or not, it could be the overgrown Argonians are simply showing off. :D

Don't worry man, he's lv. 56! He knows all.

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
In fact, I haven't experienced a bug exclusive to PS3. The only two bugs I have experience are issues on all 3 (PC,PS3,xbox)

The water bug you quoted here, to my knowledge, only affects PS3 users.

The water bug you quoted here, to my knowledge, only affects PS3 users.

The OP has a PS3 and deleting the game data is a fix for most PS3 problems. That's why I directed him to two threads that explains how to do that.

Don't worry man, he's lv. 56! He knows all.

Class act Su8tle. I should have mentioned I also have a life outside Skyrim. It includes work, friends and relations with real women. You should try it, even if it means not leveling up as fast.
I should add that I got the game this year so I wasn't dressed in a wizard costume my mommy made standing in line to buy the game the moment it came out.

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr