• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Inquisitor Saken

polan can into space?
My two favourite spots are the countryside around Riften and Sovngarde. The fall colours of Riften give me that really cozy feeling of a crisp fall morning, and Sovngarde is just.. well, you know. I've only seen colours like that in a melted crayon box. I wish our sky was that pretty and majestic.

This. I spent ages staring at Sovngarde's sky. <3

Neriad13

Premium Member
Yeah, I use Become Ethereal all the time in Markarth. It's just the quickest way to get around. I know it well enough that I don't run into surprises, but when I was still relatively new to it, I had to save all the time (or just duck in, and out of doors to autosave) because of all the falling damage. Now, I know where to Wuld across, so I don't have to go down, and back up. It's the funnest city in Skyrim, you ask me. As an added bonus, I get plenty of Letters from a Friend to tell me where to find Word Walls.

There was this one time that I found myself walking around in Markarth after dark. It got the darkest I've ever seen a city go, so dark that for the first time ever, I pulled out the torch that I've been carrying around forever. And then my torch burned out. :sadface:

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
There was this one time that I found myself walking around in Markarth after dark. It got the darkest I've ever seen a city go, so dark that for the first time ever, I pulled out the torch that I've been carrying around forever. And then my torch burned out. :sadface:
Are you serious? That's so cool.

Neriad13

Premium Member
Are you serious? That's so cool.

Oh yeah. I had the brightness turned all the way down and no light-effecting mods running. Somehow I also made it back to the inn in one piece. :)

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
What would've made that moment more exciting was a dragon battle or maybe some Vampire evading the town. :)

Soulcano

Like so many others, I'm a big fan of the area around Riften. I've liked it from the first time I came down from a snowy mountain into those fall colors on the outskirts of the Rift and wandered into the Alchemist Shack.

Neriad13

Premium Member
What would've made that moment more exciting was a dragon battle or maybe some Vampire evading the town. :)

That actually has happened to me, under entirely different circumstances. I used to use the "Darker Nights" mod and when it says "darker" what it really means is "pitch black." I was near Anise's Cabin as the sun was setting when a dragon latched on to me, at the tender level of four. Knowing that I had no hope of killing it alone, I tried to lose it. I dove into the White River and let it wash me into Riverwood. By this time the sun was entirely gone and Riverwood had exactly the amount of light of a deserted coal mine. Of course this was when the dragon decided to make his continuing presence known. It was one of the most terrifying things I've ever been through in this game, no joke. I was running around in the dark, banging on walls while trying to find a door to duck into.

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
That actually has happened to me, under entirely different circumstances. I used to use the "Darker Nights" mod and when it says "darker" what it really means is "pitch black." I was near Anise's Cabin as the sun was setting when a dragon latched on to me, at the tender level of four. Knowing that I had no hope of killing it alone, I tried to lose it. I dove into the White River and let it wash me into Riverwood. By this time the sun was entirely gone and Riverwood had exactly the amount of light of a deserted coal mine. Of course this was when the dragon decided to make his continuing presence known. It was one of the most terrifying things I've ever been through in this game, no joke. I was running around in the dark, banging on walls while trying to find a door to duck into.

Hahahaha! That's awesome. If only it was recorded!! That is worth sharing.

Clau

The Fateless One
My new favorite scenery is the log hanging in suspension in between two cliffs that hovers above a streaming waterfall. I always Fus Ro Da the bandit. It is somewhere between the border of Whiterun and the Rift.

DovahCap

The one cube to rule them all.
Probably the view from the Throat of the World, spying on Markarth, Solitude, and Winterhold from above. c:<

My new favorite scenery is the log hanging in suspension in between two cliffs that hovers above a streaming waterfall. I always Fus Ro Da the bandit. It is somewhere between the border of Whiterun and the Rift.
It's nowhere near Whiterun, but on the border between Eastmarch, and the Rift at the base of the Throat of the World. The best way to get there is due south of Hillgrund's Tomb. Nice view, though.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts