• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Pete

Whats your favorite weapon and why?

For me I love hunting bows and steel daggers. The fire rate is fast and enchanting them only enhances their power. Using a dawrven bow is like shooting a flintlock.

I think the most underrated enchantment is silent moons. It doesn't require a major soul gem and is great for nocturnal 'hunters'. Putting this on a fast weapon yields wonders.

My favorite staff is the sanginue rose. Every time I use it I'm reminded that I had fun time -- I think :beermug: .

Adam Warlock

600px-SR-item-Ebony_Blade.jpg

The Ebony Blade

Extremely light two-hander never needs recharging , has a one-of-a-kind appearance , and the health absorb enchant makes it as deadly as it looks.

Wetigos

Although i dont personally ever use it (due to it not being able to be improved very well) i really love Nightingale bow.
As for weapons that are just plain fun, i'd say mehrunes razor.

Another daedric artifact i used during a roleplaying session i had, was when i played a Paladin who got corrupted, the mace of molag bal is simply amazing just due to the sheer size of the damn thing!
It takes up like half the screen if you play in 1st person.

I really miss the looks of my daedric weapons though, dragonbone weapons dont look quite as good imo...

LuChao

The Martial artist
BloodSkall Blade

Mr Forz

I'm helping. Mostly.
20120123070827!Dragon_priest_dagger.png

The Dragon Priest Dagger. Even on my mage playthroughs I'm carrying one of these for their unusually high damage and shape for it is strange yet simple.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
20120123070827!Dragon_priest_dagger.png

The Dragon Priest Dagger. Even on my mage playthroughs I'm carrying one of these for their unusually high damage and shape for it is strange yet simple.
Can you enchant them? I like the look too.

Mr Forz

I'm helping. Mostly.

Wetigos

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?

khazan99

Semi-professional cabbage collector

Mr Forz

I'm helping. Mostly.
Yep, everything above is correct. I don't raise smithing so it's a win-win for me. And some major overhaul mods take care of these... issues about improving some of the more unique items.

JoeReese

Yep, enchantable. Not sure about Kahvozein's Fang but these ones are definitely enchantable.

Cant upgrade them though, as far as i'm aware?

Correct. They are enchantable but sadly, they can't be upgraded at a grindstone.

Unless, of course, you're on PC: Dragon Priest Dagger mod on Steam

Or, I can tell you how to do a tiny little mod for it, or add the temper to an existing mod that you already use. It's truly just a matter of duplicate, rename, check drop box, save, done.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
A mod, but it's usually a katana of some sort. For roughly the first half of my character's playthrough I'm using the red Sorrow Katana which was added by one of the various lore-friendly weapon packs. Pictured is Raido's sword, Seigetsu, which means "rain cleansed moon" or more figuratively the white of the full moon at it's brightest as you see it just after rain has cleansed the sky of clouds and haze.

TESV 2014-05-07 19-37-41-57.png

As he gets into the considerably higher levels, you will see him wielding the upgraded Nekura Seigetsu (Dark Seigetsu) which is now in the form of a large black katana. This model is a mod/rip of Ichigo's sword Zangetsu's final form from the anime Bleach which was also obviously an inspiration for his sword's name as well. If Seigetsu is the whiteness of the brightest full moon, Nekura Seigetsu is the blackness of the darkest new moon. In both its forms, Seigetsu has fire and soul trap enchantments.

TESV 2014-04-05 18-53-01-51.png

Then of course there is the "Legendary Wooden Stick of Dragon Whacking" which is the enchanted, upgraded form of the raw wooden sword that Kasai used to slaughter 3 legendary dragons simultaneously w/o use of armor or enchantments on legend difficulty thus earning his title of "BadAss" and the source of his dragon name, Qethnunah. The enhancements were added later.

TESV 2014-02-22 16-50-37-48.png

Joker

Cook, Wine Taster, Scotch Taster, Adventure Seeker
Bound Bow & Bound Sword are my favorites.....no weight, Daedric damage at lower levels

skyrim_boundbow01.jpg

F3C9EF53486E218C170EA6C42EABB7EADF39CE7B

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
Volendrung. Strong as an ebony warhammer. Fast as an greatsword. 100% epicness.
DAVolendrung.png

Oddly enough, I don't really use the weapon very often. Whenever I go two-handed I do, though. I also really like the Dragonbone weapons, particularly the bow. I am also going to start playing around with Mehrunes' Razor for the first time.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts