• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

xaraan

Well, they are a long way from home and it's pretty clear that Kajiit are mistrusted in Skyrim (Imperial or assho... erm Stormcloaks). Argonians are rare but certainly treated very badly in Windhelm. My favourate race are Orcs and they are even rarer but I kinda like that. Makes me feel 'special'.

I'm talking about the PC version of the character, not the NPCs we see get treated badly. Like Khajiit's aren't allowed in cities... but no problem for you, heck go right on in the the jarl's throne room (even before you are Dragonborn). Argonians aren't allowed in Windhelm, but no problem for you, run in and join right up with Ulfric if you wish. Dunmer are given crap in Windhelm, but you get ingored. The only thing that happens when you play one of these "struggling" races is occasionally a guard will make a snide comment and that's about it. I really don't "feel" like I'm playing one of these characters when I see how the world treats that race VS how my character is treated.

asparticus_maraudius

I am asparticus fear my wrath!!!!!!
I prefer a high elf but I cant stand khajits or argonians because they just look to me like fictional races....

I like elves and men like imperials I just think nords are far too common.....

Gore gro-Gijakudob

I'm talking about the PC version of the character, not the NPCs we see get treated badly. Like Khajiit's aren't allowed in cities... but no problem for you, heck go right on in the the jarl's throne room (even before you are Dragonborn). Argonians aren't allowed in Windhelm, but no problem for you, run in and join right up with Ulfric if you wish. Dunmer are given crap in Windhelm, but you get ingored. The only thing that happens when you play one of these "struggling" races is occasionally a guard will make a snide comment and that's about it. I really don't "feel" like I'm playing one of these characters when I see how the world treats that race VS how my character is treated.

I take your point but you have to think of the sheer logistics of extra programming and voice acting to make such a thing viable. There is some different dialogue based on your race which is cool and I'm happy with that. I guess you just have to think, dragonborn or not, you are a hero, that's why you can get away with things an NPC couldn't.

Although I'd usually play as someone like myself, like a nord, imperial, or breton, redguards have starting bonus' to all the skills I like to use.

Tukah-Nei

Probably argonian. :p I just love how adaptable they are, both skill/gameplay wise and lore wise.

I also like the Khajiit because I think their culture and Elsweyr are very interesting.

I kind of like a few things about pretty much every race in TES, though.

xaraan

I take your point but you have to think of the sheer logistics of extra programming and voice acting to make such a thing viable. There is some different dialogue based on your race which is cool and I'm happy with that. I guess you just have to think, dragonborn or not, you are a hero, that's why you can get away with things an NPC couldn't.

eh, I don't think what I'm asking for is that much programming wise, it just takes extra thought and work that they didn't want to bother with for a couple races. It doesn't have to be a whole ordeal, but a few addition lines of dialogue or actions to get into cities could have made a world of difference in immersion.
Or.. if they can't do it right, don't bother with it at all and just let the other races in the cities and have people make snide remarks at them and that be it.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Come on, people. Get multi-cultural!
Unity.png

Neriad13

Premium Member
W-What? Why are they all naked? :eek:

As for my favorite race, it's between Nords and Imperials. They both have a distinctive history and beliefs that I can relate to. I tend to prefer playing humans in any RPG. Elves, I just cannot understand. Beast races...eh.

KC95

Khajit. Even though I've never fully played as one, they come off as the most interesting and talented. They arent allowed into the cities, the caravans, they make drugs, etc. And I really like their "warm sands" farewell, it feels natural.

My favorite race is the Dunmer (Dark Elves). I love playing as a female dunmer assassin archer. Using stealth and taking out whole camps without the enemies even knowing where I am at all. I love the Dunmer mainly because of their natural look, history and I like to teach those rude racist characters a lesson...in blood.

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
My two favorite races are the Imperials and Bretons, though I always end up playing as a Nord. As stupid as it might sound, it legitimately bothers me that the male Imperials and Bretons are noticeably shorter than Nord women lol.

Jet

I like the Khajiit best. Their accents, their sayings ("feels like I just woke from a nap"), the way my PC seems to strut really fast instead of run...

I like High Elves for the simple reason that they run ridiculously fast. Don't ever need to bother with finding my horse again. ;)

Also, with both of them there's a tendency for normal NPC interactions to become humorous. A guard once said to my Khajiit: "Is that fur coming out of your ears?!" And paraphrasing Brynjolf: "You look like a stealthy sort, built for thievery" to an elf who routinely hits the top of dungeons with his head, and has several times gotten stuck trying to use the secret entrance to the Flagon.

Nuitari

Dark Luna God of Magic
So Altmer mainly because I relate to their superiority and awesomeness.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts