• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Volanere

Grand Magister
I dont know why i care. I just like to see what everyone says. I built my own mansion Heljachen Hall (Not sure on spelling) with a trophy room armory and bedrooms. So whats everyone elses favorite place in all of Skyrim.

Octavia

~ Ryla <3
My favorite house? Mine.

(Heljarchen Hall)

Volanere

Grand Magister
My favorite house? Mine.

(Heljarchen Hall)
So thats how you spell it lol. I like it cause its so close to Whiterun which is also my favorite city.

Volanere

Grand Magister
I would say the house in windhelm is my second favorite.

Shadow King

Grand master of the Order of Talos.
i love my whiterun house even tho i have so many houses larger and much more grand i like it because whiterun is so alive the inn can have up to 13 people in it the 2 children can go out play with other kids unlike the hearthfire homes i use wintstead manor as a storage facility but saying all this once in a while i move to diffrent homes but i tend to go back to the whiterun often because of how lively it seems

Sean

lost somewhere
Lakeview Manor, because it is near Whiterun (right next to Riverwood), and it is also close where you start in the beginning, and the area does look good.

I added the library, bedroom, and trophy room, and was able to fill up the library completely by using 1 of every book in the game (that wasn't a journal/note)

Volanere

Grand Magister
Lakeview Manor, because it is near Whiterun (right next to Riverwood), and it is also close where you start in the beginning, and the area does look good.

I added the library, bedroom, and trophy room, and was able to fill up the library completely by using 1 of every book in the game (that wasn't a journal/note)
Wow thats alot of books im impressed.

In the vanilla game, I like Vlindrell Hall in Markarth. The architecture is unique among the houses, has a wonderfully warm ambient firelight, and feels extremely safe built into the side of the mountain. It's high location allows for a nice view outside, and I even prefer Argis the Bulwark over ever other housecarl with the exception of Lydia (maybe more than Lydia too...he doesn't act prissy when I ask him to carry my things). So yeah, the Markarth house is my fave.

Volanere

Grand Magister
Well out of all the houses i own i would say my least favorite is the one that your awarded in Solstheim. It just seems to spacious and the big stairs that goes down in the middle of the house is just annoying.

Joel G.

I own both Proudspire Manor (Solitude, which I believe is one of the biggest house from the original game] and Breezehome in Whiterun. I do agree with everyone that Whiterun is a more "alive" city than solitude, and everything is closer together as well, so that helps if you need to sell off some equipment when you are overburdened with weight after a dungeon siege. It also does feel more like a home than Proudspire Manor.

However, I still tend to go to Proudspire more because of the add ons, like the armor maniquins, weapons rack, alchemy and enchantment tables. The latter two are important for my character, so its handy to go "home" to work on those.

I do like this thread though, because it gives me some ideas for other houses that I want to buy. I am "on the market" again, having gotten rich again after finishing the Dawnguard quest line.

Shadow King

yea i agree that the solstheim house is rubbish it is to big and the main bedroom has chests etc just thrown evrywhere. 1 question for bethseda remember oblivion the dlcs of the castle and wizards tower when we going to get something like this in skyrim lol

Battlehorn Castle! :D I remember fondly....I signed in to XBL one day, and there was new DLC for Oblivion. Delighted, I go to look at it, and to my astonishment, it was free! I downloaded it, and the next day my friend went to get it, and it wasn't free anymore. I loved that castle, and for whatever reason it was free, made it all the better!

Shadow King

haha you scored there with getting it free yea battlehorn castle was my fav i didnt really like the pirate ship. but surely at somepoint in skyrim we will get something as grand as battlehorn castle.

Oculis_Umbra

I like Lakeview Manor in Falkreath. It not so much because of the house itself, but more because of the location. I like the atmosphere of Falkreath, and living in the woods. It's also a plus to have a river right on your doorstep so you can dispose of Thalmor corpses easily.

Two things I don't like about Lakeview Manor:
-There's a necromancer performing a ritual in my backyard
-I found my bard dead in a bush

Volanere

Grand Magister
I like Lakeview Manor in Falkreath. It not so much because of the house itself, but more because of the location. I like the atmosphere of Falkreath, and living in the woods. It's also a plus to have a river right on your doorstep so you can dispose of Thalmor corpses easily.

Two things I don't like about Lakeview Manor:
-There's a necromancer performing a ritual in my backyard
-I found my bard dead in a bush
Haha thats funny you said that cause my bard has gone missing from lakeview manor.