• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Ellie

Alpha
Just posted this because I was wondering what people thought of the looks of the Elven races and which was your favorite in Skyrim. I read a lot about how people think they're too ugly to play now.

gangraad

dragonguard
dunmers, only mer race I've ever played in tes. one of my characters in morrowind, the only one I ever did the main quest with, was a dunmer. Otherwise I've allways roll'ed nords.

Khasrin

Fusozayiit
I like all of the elven races, but Bosmer are my favorite, followed by Dunmer. Try as I might, I can't make Dunmer and Altmer look nice.

The Laoch

He is the Prince of Order. Or was it biscuits?
I only play as bretons and Nords, but if I had to play as a Mer I'd play as a dunmer. I never liked high elves since I feel like they are the rival Mage class to bretons. I don't mind wood elves, but if I was going to role play as one I would want to marry another wood elf and you can't in skyrim.

AS88

Staff member
Skyrim's my first experience of TES, and originally I didn't really like any of the Elves.

Lately though, I'm finding myself more and more obsessed with the Dunmer. They just have such a rich depth of history and lore, they're intriguing!

I'm also partial to an Empire-trained Orsimer. :)

FullmetalHeart20

Well the Bosmer are cannibals, the Dunmer did something so awful that Azura, paragon of Daedric kindness, cursed the whole race, the Altmer became nazis, and the Dwenmr showed no respect for life and were basically evil scientists. That pretty much leaves the Falmer. Gotta feel sorry for them.

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
1. Wood Elf
2. Dark Elf
3. Orc (elves as well)

....and I loathe High Elves!

Bad-People

Supreme Overlord of the Barbarian Tribe of Hothor
ORCS!

Gearuvagen

I know, You know
I've slowly become a fan of the Dunmer mainly due to the Dragonborn DLC, and them being so versatile. The Orsimer have grown on me as well they're just total badasses. The others really just don't do anything for me, I've had Altmer mages and Bosmer archers but I just prefer other races for those roles namely Breton & Nord.

-Mir-

Professional milk-drinker
Bosmer FTW <3
Though I do agree dark elves can probably be the most physically attractive, lol. And they have a very interesting culture. I also like snow elves. ^_^
The reason I like wood elves is because of their connection with nature (I love animals) and because I like archery. But of course, I wasn't fully aware of their carnivorous tendencies when I was choosing my race... -_-;

gangraad

dragonguard
I like all of the elven races, but Bosmer are my favorite, followed by Dunmer. Try as I might, I can't make Dunmer and Altmer look nice.

dunmer are not supposed to look nice.

Wildroses

Altmer all the way. It's possible to love Altmer and hate Thalmor. I've always had a bit of a thing for elves, so I've only ever played elves in Skyrim anyway.

I find them the most attractive of the elvish races. I find you can make female high elves look really pretty with gold skin, green eyes and dark hair. I normally give them narrow jaws and wide cheekbones to give them a real pointy face because I don't want them to look like humans with pointy ears.

Bad-People

Supreme Overlord of the Barbarian Tribe of Hothor
I'm not really a big fan of elves myself. An elf was rude to me in Dragon Warrior III once years ago and since then we haven't gotten along.

TheLonelyWolve

My precious
Bosmer, fun to play as. Though Im more into Dunmer now for there are many RP perspectives for them especially since dragonborn (DLC) hosts a large quantity.

I have yet to play one again, it has been quiet some time since I have, always been with the human races.