• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Favorite destruction magic

• Total voters

Vaga8ond

This is to all the Master and adepts of the arcane. How do you prefer to destroy your advisories
Frost, Fire, or Electricity?

If all things were equal there is nothing more sadistic than seeing your enemies walking around with an ice shard sticking out of their neck, however since everything in skyrim is resistant to frost I have to through that one out. It's a tough call but the quick travel time of electricity makes it hard to turn down, even though watching people burn is equally as satisfying. The good thing about fire though is if the floor is burning your enemies will take damage as well where as with electricity you don't have that burning effect.

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
Ignite

/thread

Kidding but it's true, Ignite makes all other fire spell obsolete if you get the right combination of perks. 21 per for 15 seconds is hard to beat. Especially when you start stacking it.

Chain Lightning is cool because it can bounce off walls and still land if you shank it and it's possible to hit targets around a corner.

Fireball looks impressive on impact, so that gets a vote too I guess.

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
Btw, why does Electricity get a distinction of 'nature' attached to it? Fire and frost are just as natural as electricity.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Depends on the build despite my vote. My last, Ingin, was strictly electricity; current Brigetta is almost exclusively fire (she's early though). I still want to try a cryomancer one of these days, but there's just too many darn Nords in Skyrim for it to be truly effective! Not a huge fan of the master level spells though (firestorm, blizzard, etc...) although the wall spells are pretty cool. Cloaks, meh...

Inquisitor Saken

polan can into space?
I think frost's slow is really useful. It's funny when the opponent is spinning around trying to power attack but they can't get close enough to hit you. :p
Not really destruction, but enchanting bows with frost is my new favourite thing.

WarriorMage

Hey! Someone stole my sweet roll!
I use fire almost exclusively. I think mainly because it keeps doing damage after you cast it. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
Lightning is the only one I've ever had any success with. I'm even of the habit lately to use lightning enchanted weaponry.

LuChao

The Martial artist
it depends on who I'm fighting like if I attacking a mage I mix Shock and Fire but if it's a warrior or assassin then Frost and Fire

Annageckos

I use mostly fire, but it does depend on the situation. I think shock looks cool, but it doesn't seem to do as much damage as fire.

Vaga8ond

it depends on who I'm fighting like if I attacking a mage I mix Shock and Fire but if it's a warrior or assassin then Frost and Fire

That's a good point. When I first starting Skyrim I started mixing matching destruction magic, however as time went by I found it easier to stick to one school just for the sake of it's cheaper and I spent less time scrolling through the quick menu for spells. I may start to go back in that direction now that you mentioned that.

Daelon DuLac

fire the most, lightning the second and frost only on melee enemies....but I prefer conjuration over destruction, destruction is just too damn weak once you get to the level my characters reach.
Agree: fire works on almost everything, lightning is just plain fun and frost is a waste of time (usually). I still stand by my - I don't want other beings or people doing my work. So what, you've got a dremora... yawn... Now you can just sit back and watch the fun somebody else is having... yawn... I need action and adventure, not bodyguards that keep me safe and go off adventuring while I read my book.

Twiffle

Would you accept flaming Familiar, guided missile of incendiary

Daelon DuLac

Daelon DuLac

flame cloak with a wal of sparks aprayed around me, by the time mages get close they have no magic to heal and they get BBQ'd. Or i can spray wall of fire/frost and set a ruin in center and stand on it waiting for a bandit or such, thats always fun too lol.
I like J'Zargo's flame cloaks. I know... I know... they're not the best, but I love the 'splosians!

LuChao

The Martial artist
flame cloak with a wal of sparks aprayed around me, by the time mages get close they have no magic to heal and they get BBQ'd. Or i can spray wall of fire/frost and set a ruin in center and stand on it waiting for a bandit or such, thats always fun too lol.
I like J'Zargo's flame cloaks. I know... I know... they're not the best, but I love the 'splosians!

'splosians are so fun :D

DestroyerDevourMaster

"Zu'u Alduin. Zok sahrot do naan ko Lein!"
Tough choice, but I had to go with fire, if only for the ability to feel like a dragon when you set your enemies ablaze from the sky.