Favorite daedric artifact

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Volanere

Grand Magister
I think it's ugly. Also, the Ebony mace is the most beautiful weapon in the game, lighter, does the same damage, and can be enchanted even better. Wouldn't it be great to Absorb Stamina, and Magicka instead of just damaging them? By the time I have Extra Effect, I don't care about Soul trap as much.) Just saying, all my favorite unique items have unique effects that can't be enchanted. If I can make something better myself, looking cool is worth less of a premium.
True i dont use the mace i just thought that it was detailed really well. I also prefer to smith and enchant my own weapons, there just more powerful ecspecialy if your enchanting is leveled up.

Saint Vicious

Still sober
Mehrunes razor. Just because to me, it's the best looking weapon in the game. When duel wielding I pair it with the nightengale sword. I'm already a high level and my deadric weapons make the game to easy. So I fixed it with cooler more realistic looking weapons that do less damage. Now I enjoy it more.

The Wanderer

Young Heritic
Volendrung is awesome!
The Black Star is extremley useful as well.

ThriceHeart

Last Hunter of Toru-Manawa
Wabbajack for me, Just to have to the chance of turning a feice enemy like a Forsworn Brairheart into something harmless like a Rabbit always ensures my lulz for the day.

So it's a bad thing to go against the daedric lord :p ?
You really want to debate this? The reason to get the Black Star is to kill people for their souls so you can get Grands easier, and presumably make multiple sets of enchanted clothed/armor for smithing, and alchemy. That, and you have to betray a priestess who trusted you. Again, just because Azura is a Daedric Prince does not make her automatically evil, and I'd count keeping an artifact corrupted to murder people for their souls ultimately to gater as much power for yourself as possible is generally considered less than good.

feliciano182

You really want to debate this? The reason to get the Black Star is to kill people for their souls so you can get Grands easier, and presumably make multiple sets of enchanted clothed/armor for smithing, and alchemy. That, and you have to betray a priestess who trusted you.

You're funny, you go to great lengths to defend The Dark Brotherhood and you have issues with betraying an all-powerful, untrustworthy daedric lord.

Frankly, about The Black Star, you're always going to kill people in Skyrim, taking advantage of it seems rather logical. As for the priest, yeah, but again, she reveres a daedric prince, getting shafted is hardly the worst thing that could happen to her.

Again, just because Azura is a Daedric Prince does not make her automatically evil, and I'd count keeping an artifact corrupted to murder people for their souls ultimately to gater as much power for yourself as possible is generally considered less than good.

I don't think Azura is evil, but she seems untrustworthy, beyond that, The Black Star is not a weapon, it's a respository to hold souls you were already going to kill in the first place.

I frankly don't see this quest as anything but a test of loyalty to yourself or to a being of greater power, since I dislike daedra (and equally love them) I tend to go The Black Star way.

You're funny, you go to great lengths to defend The Dark Brotherhood and you have issues with betraying an all-powerful, untrustworthy daedric lord.

Frankly, about The Black Star, you're always going to kill people in Skyrim, taking advantage of it seems rather logical. As for the priest, yeah, but again, she reveres a daedric prince, getting shafted is hardly the worst thing that could happen to her.

I don't think Azura is evil, but she seems untrustworthy, beyond that, The Black Star is not a weapon, it's a respository to hold souls you were already going to kill in the first place.

I frankly don't see this quest as anything but a test of loyalty to yourself or to a being of greater power, since I dislike daedra (and equally love them) I tend to go The Black Star way.
That sounds like the rationale of a psychopath trying to convince himself that he's not really evil. Sure, you could just use it to kill Bandits in self defense and then turn around to use the souls only to make "Good" artifacts, but that would be simply an attempt to redeem yourself for the inherent Evil. It's a tool, not a weapon, but it's purpose is to steal souls for power. Black souls, intelligent people presumably with lives, hopes, and loved ones. (If the AI wasn't so shallow.) This isn't a grey area, it's darkest matte black, like a singularity sucking up all around it so that it can become more massive, and dominate an ever greater radius. It's even color coded for your convenience. The mere fact that you're betraying a Daedra (You openly admit isn't purely evil) and her priestess doesn't nullify that, especially when you count all the people who you have to betray, and prevent from reaching their respective afterlives (Most of them Nords, so Sovngard) so you can become a more effective killer. That's not even a slippery slope, it's diving into the abyss with such a quickness you approach the light barrier.

Dar'Neko

Qahnaarin
That sounds like the rationale of a psychopath trying to convince himself that he's not really evil. Sure, you could just use it to kill Bandits in self defense and then turn around to use the souls only to make "Good" artifacts, but that would be simply an attempt to redeem yourself for the inherent Evil. It's a tool, not a weapon, but it's purpose is to steal souls for power. Black souls, intelligent people presumably with lives, hopes, and loved ones. (If the AI wasn't so shallow.) This isn't a grey area, it's darkest matte black, like a singularity sucking up all around it so that it can become more massive, and dominate an ever greater radius. It's even color coded for your convenience. The mere fact that you're betraying a Daedra (You openly admit isn't purely evil) and her priestess doesn't nullify that, especially when you count all the people who you have to betray, and prevent from reaching their respective afterlives (Most of them Nords, so Sovngard) so you can become a more effective killer. That's not even a slippery slope, it's diving into the abyss with such a quickness you approach the light barrier.

If their roleplaying character values the usefulness of the Black Star over being kind or what-have-you; then isn't that justification to getting it over Azura's Star?

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
I have Wabbajack, Sanguine Rose and the Skull of Corruption sitting in a weapons rack in one of my houses, and OMG they look so damn sexy, I can hardly stand it. :)

But if we're gonna go with usefulness, the Black Star for sure. Combine that with the Mace of Molag Bal, and all your enchanting needs are set. :D

If their roleplaying character values the usefulness of the Black Star over being kind or what-have-you; then isn't that justification to getting it over Azura's Star?
In their mind, no doubt. However, it's usefulness in no way counters the fact that using it at all is intrinsically Evil. The only good option is to hide it somewhere that nobody can abuse it, even you. (I'm assuming it can't be destroyed.)

Dar'Neko

Qahnaarin
In their mind, no doubt. However, it's usefulness in no way counters the fact that using it at all is intrinsically Evil. The only good option is to hide it somewhere that nobody can abuse it, even you. (I'm assuming it can't be destroyed.)
Haha, no, that's the reason it exists!

jaredb

Sanguine Rose, got it very early on the game and let me conjure up some serious back up in a tight spot!

KaitoGhost

Sea Sponge First Mate
In all of Elder Scrolls lore, Goldbrand.

In Skyrim, Azura's Star. (Yes, Azura's, not the black. The Black Star is more useful, but I have fond memories of Azura's star from Morrowind. Also, Azura is my favorite Daedra, and I'd rather not piss her off)

Fenix09

I probaly use the Dawnbreaker more than anything, but I now have in my grasps Mehrunes Razor. So things may change.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
At lower levels it is definitely sanguine's rose, A dremora lord can take down pretty much anyone without much trouble. Mehrunes razor is nice for a sneak build.
I don't think the black star is very good, you end up with so much coin in this game that even with the black star I don't bother filling it I just buy filled grand soul gems for enchanting.
I probably use wabbajack the most though, it never gets old really.