• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Davesgeneralgoods

Currently I'm rocking the Nightingale armor, specifically cos I love the hood. But it doesn't look right mixed with anything else.

Like a medieval Darth Vader actually now I think of it.

LucasNL

Ebony armor.
I don't really like the helmet so I only use it while in combat, but the armor itself is the most beautiful in the game in my opinion.

Ebony1.jpg

AS88

Staff member

AS88

Staff member
It might be the best judging by stats, but I HATE the looks. You just look like a evil demon-lord or something.

Some people like that, y'know :)

As for my fave, I don't think I could pick one, considering they never look the same on different characters. Top few would be; Nightingale, Linwe's Set (on the right character), Orcish (hate the boots, use Steel Plate), Steel Plate, Blades, Scaled (minus helm), Daedric (on the right character)

LucasNL

Some people like that, y'know :)

As for my fave, I don't think I could pick one, considering they never look the same on different characters. Top few would be; Nightingale, Linwe's Set (on the right character), Orcish (hate the boots, use Steel Plate), Steel Plate, Blades, Scaled (minus helm), Daedric (on the right character)

The best thing about skyrim: if you don't like it, you don't have to use it.

Adventurer

I agree as a whole regarding the ebony armor. I also like the Orcish armor very much.
I would like to have an armor similar to the armor of the Knights of the Nine. I personally do not like the looks of the Daedric armor except if I wanted to build a Death-Knight for that it would be perfect. The good hing is the variety of the armor by looks.

Iron Armor - commoner / conscripted / barbarian
Steel Armor - nord sellsword / soldirers of the Holds
Dwemer armor - elite sellsword/soldier just dont use that ugly helmet...
Steel Plate Armor - sellsword leaders, officers, guard of the Jarl, shock troops of the Hold if there is such
Orcish Armor - Orcs, Shock troops of the Empire
Daedric Armor - Evil heroes, death knights, evil battle mages, Daedra worshippers, Daedra :) , all things evil as a whole
Ebony Armor - Good heroes, elite Companions, elite Fighters Guild
Dragon Armor - Barbarian Heroes, Dragonborn :D
Ancient Nord Armor - Guards of the High King
Imperial Armor - Guess who? :p

Clau

The Fateless One
Steel plate armor... I get the impression that it is a cavalier's armor.

Roxiraav

Currently my character is decked out in scaled horn armor, hide bracers, leather boots and whatever hood. My favorite armor is definitely the Nightingale set though. So bad ass.

Saozig

Hippy
I'm on Xbox, so no fancy mods.

My Bosmer ranger rocked the hide, studded and scaled armor as well as the tunic with hide bracers and boots look when he was an adventurer, and then after he joined the TG, I thought he looked great in the TG armor and Nightingale armor (except Linwe's sleeveless armor, that made him look like a 80's hairband reject). I think Nightingale armor is my favorite armor aesthetically, but Guild Master armor has a strong appeal to me too. I love that "Don't even think about bleeping with me" vibe it has.

My Redguard spellsword actually looked pretty wicked in Orcish armor, but using an enchanted circlet instead of the funky Oricish helmet with the tassel (seriously, what gives with that tassel???). Despite her being originally planned for light armor, I ended up using Orcish as her main set of armor. I wish the Orcish boots didn't look so clunky, but it was a rocking look. When my Dunmer was doing the Dragonborn questline, I made her follower Marcurio a set of souped-up enchanted Orcish armor with a Circlet of Peerless Destruction, even though he's not rated for heavy armor. But I love how he looked in it and it probably kept him from getting killed a few times.

I really like the look of both glass and ebony armor but HAAAAATE the helmets (I hate nearly all the helmets in the game--I prefer hoods, circlets or going helmetless, and totally resent the armor perks that require you to use a helmet to benefit from them). My Breton rogue looks pretty snazzy in some glass armor with a circlet but he may need to ditch that flashy look soon if I have him join the TG.

I'm not crazy about dragon or daedric armor--both are just too over-designed--but they suit my Dragonborn Breton battlemage. She's ditched her Daedric armor set and uses Dragonscale for now, but I wish it didn't look so like whomever designed them was trying too hard

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
I think my favorite depends on what my character is and what their story is.

Overall, though, Orcish Armor is probably my all-around favorite, especially on female characters. I love what the guards say, "Orcish armor, huh? Just like the people that made it, strong and ugly." Or something along those lines.

Others that rank high for me are Ancient Nord Armor and the weird amalgamation I had of Linwe's Armor, Guild Master's Armor, and Nightengale Armor. I forget what each piece was specifically, but I recall it looking pretty awesome, especially for a Ranger-ish character.

Ru;indil

Mage Lord of Skywatch
DAEDRIC ARMOR FTW!!!
I always make my Dark Elf player wear Daedric Armor 'cause he looks like a Dremora that way ;).