Favorite Armor Sets for Aesthetic reasons

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
As long as this is an armor thread, is there any armor that looks more or less like normal clothes?
I don't want my character to look like an armored warrior, but I want him to have an armor rating and the Mage Armor spells are a little tedious to deal with, mostly in ambush situations.

Amolyn

As long as this is an armor thread, is there any armor that looks more or less like normal clothes?
I don't want my character to look like an armored warrior, but I want him to have an armor rating and the Mage Armor spells are a little tedious to deal with, mostly in ambush situations.

Fur armor, maybe? XD You could also try combining boots and bracers with clothes for a bit of armor rating.
Oh, and if you have Dawnguard the Vampire Armor is light armor that looks like robes. No head armor with it, but all 3 colours of the main armor and the boots are easily obtainable by slaying the vampires that regularly attack the hold capitals. If you join up with Lord Harkon you can also get vampire guantlets from the smith in the castle.

Not sure if all that's your style, but I thought all the vampire armor with a shrouded cowl looked quite epic while not looking too armored. :p

Fur armor, maybe? XD You could also try combining boots and bracers with clothes for a bit of armor rating.
Oh, and if you have Dawnguard the Vampire Armor is light armor that looks like robes. No head armor with it, but all 3 colours of the main armor and the boots are easily obtainable by slaying the vampires that regularly attack the hold capitals. If you join up with Lord Harkon you can also get vampire guantlets from the smith in the castle.

Not sure if all that's your style, but I thought all the vampire armor with a shrouded cowl looked quite epic while not looking too armored. :p
I'm actually not a fan of Vampire Armor because it looks like robes lol.
Thanks for the suggestion though.

ShoCh

I like the Ancient Nord armor because it's quite cute on the female characters BUT I don't use it because it just isn't practical - too much exposed skin! So I use the Blades armor - it has blue in it which is quite pretty - and I LOVE the helmet, it has very good craftsmanship.

I put all my followers in full ebony armor.

A

Apollyon Yagami

Dawnguard full helmet
Auriel's Shield
Dawnbreaker
Ancient Falmer Cuirass-boots-gauntlets

9tutN.jpg
OIfa4.jpg
Y4DSr.jpg

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
Yeah I've not acquired it yet, but I'm really liking the Ancient Falmer Armor

DovahCap

The one cube to rule them all.
cool armor, doesn't have a helmet though .

It has a crown, but I forget how to get it.

To get the "Matching Set" perk, an Elven helmet completes the set.

Gehenna

Dazed & Confused
I know that "armour" is a valid spelling in many places, but my American brain always reads it as "ar-moor." LOL

Anyways, my current favorite is the ebony mail that you get from Boethia's quest. I've paired it with a wrap hood from some mod... I think it's some sort of ranger armor but I'd have to double check to know for sure.

1zlygko.jpg

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
I know that "armour" is a valid spelling in many places, but my American brain always reads it as "ar-moor." LOL

Anyways, my current favorite is the ebony mail that you get from Boethia's quest. I've paired it with a wrap hood from some mod... I think it's some sort of ranger armor but I'd have to double check to know for sure.

1zlygko.jpg
That does look quite epic

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts