PS3 Farkas bug... (he won't stop talking to me!) and blue flashes

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

TGW

I came across this bug and did a search for help here. I found someone else who reported the same problem in the pinned Master List of Known Issues thread, but right after that Finalchrono asked that we start a new thread for issues.

What happens is that whenever I am anywhere near Farkas, he comes up and talks to me, forcing my character to spin around and face him even when I'm in the middle of talking to someone else! It was murder going through this with him in the Proving Honor mission where he was tasked with following me all the way through that entire loooooooooong dungeon. It was soooo frustrating. Not only that but about half way through the mission, the screen starting flashing light blue all over the place. It reminded me of a blue screen that they use in movie-making. In this case, the blue screen would wipe out areas of the dungeon and bits and pieces of the characters as well (like part of my character's forearm etc.)

I ran a system update last night on my PS3 and received a 92MB file for Skyrim but the Farkas bug is still happening. I haven't seen the blue screen since last night but I've only put in 2 more hours since then.

Is there any help out there for either of these issues?

EDIT TO ADD: BTW, as soon as Fargas starts doing this to me, he follows me EVERYWHERE! I can't even escape him by going inside my own house (Breezehome)! I can even sprint away from him up the steps to Dragonreach and watch him chase after me! Grrrr! The only thing I've found that can get rid of him for the time being is to stand right by my door (on the inside of my home) and once he pops in, cancel out of his conversation 2 or 3 times until he decides to walk away (through the door back outside). At that point, he doesn't follow me until I show up inside of Jorrvaskr again (or anywhere he can see me).

Windress

Wow, I haven't encountered any glitch like this one while playing Skyrim on my own PS3. Kudos to you for sticking out the "Proving Honor" quest, I imagine that was awful!

Sorry I can't provide help, but I'm watching the thread because I'm curious as to a solution. My mage married Farkas, so Talos help me if this happens to me!

TGW

Wow, I haven't encountered any glitch like this one while playing Skyrim on my own PS3. Kudos to you for sticking out the "Proving Honor" quest, I imagine that was awful!

Sorry I can't provide help, but I'm watching the thread because I'm curious as to a solution. My mage married Farkas, so Talos help me if this happens to me!

Thanks, it was tough and very annoying. I went back to the dungeon to loot it and realized it will take hours of real time to get everything. But those master chests had some amazing stuff inside! :)

I'm glad you didn't have this problem. It may not be a wide-spread issue but it was reassuring to see that someone else has had it (in an odd sort of way). :D

SoldierLTU

I got the same bug. >.< Its the most annoying thing EVER..
I'm not doing this 'Proving Honor' quest with him..
Ill wait for a patch or solution cos I'll quit the game if he will be talking to me while in battle.. :D

TGW

I got the same bug. >.< Its the most annoying thing EVER..
I'm not doing this 'Proving Honor' quest with him..
Ill wait for a patch or solution cos I'll quit the game if he will be talking to me while in battle.. :D

Yeah, good plan. It sucks bc you can't continue on with the Companions unless you do this quest. I was hoping at the time that doing the quest with him would somehow fix the bug. :sadface:

SoldierLTU

Hey again:D
Well you know when i said I wont do that quest, I couldnt because I wanted to get the trophy...
So i went to do the quest hoping for that guy to be annoying as hell.. turns out he doesnt want to speak to me every second anymore..
So yeah, was well happy about that :D
Managed to do the quest w/o him being a dick :D
I dont know what I did or was it patched or something ...
So yeah ..
:)

Drazker

Son of Sithis
This glitch has only one cure:

Farkas and the Companions are registered as Guards in the game's coding. There is a certain glitch that if you have a bounty in any of the Holds, they will follow and pester you.

To fix this glitch, simply pay off all your bounties in all of the Holds. If this doesn't work, reload from an earlier save.

Edit:

You can view your bounties by pressing 'Start', scrolling right to 'General Stats', and going down to 'Crime'.

TGW

Hey again:D
Well you know when i said I wont do that quest, I couldnt because I wanted to get the trophy...
So i went to do the quest hoping for that guy to be annoying as hell.. turns out he doesnt want to speak to me every second anymore..
So yeah, was well happy about that :D
Managed to do the quest w/o him being a dick :D
I dont know what I did or was it patched or something ...
So yeah ..
:)

Does he still bug you when you go near him in town?

TGW

This glitch has only one cure:

Farkas and the Companions are registered as Guards in the game's coding. There is a certain glitch that if you have a bounty in any of the Holds, they will follow and pester you.

To fix this glitch, simply pay off all your bounties in all of the Holds. If this doesn't work, reload from an earlier save.

Edit:

You can view your bounties by pressing 'Start', scrolling right to 'General Stats', and going down to 'Crime'.

Oh wow, that will be awesome. He chases you and does NOT talk to you about any kind of bounty due so I'll try this tonight. Thanks for the tip!

TGW

I just started to wonder what bounties I might actually have and the only one that comes to mind is a thievery one while in Whiterun. I was already the Thane so the guard just gave me a warning. How would I pay off that bounty (does it even count?). Who would I go to that would actually recognize it? I don't have any of the guards in Whiterun chasing me around, just stupid Farkas.

Drazker

Son of Sithis
Speak to any Guard and the whole, "Hey, I know you-..." scene SHOULD begin, allowing you to pay it.

TGW

Speak to any Guard and the whole, "Hey, I know you-..." scene SHOULD begin, allowing you to pay it.

Ok, thanks again. I'll try that but it surprises me that I haven't initiated a single conversation with a guard there since I was seen stealing that one time. haha

CanAmBC

From Skyrim to New Vegas I roam....
I was going to kill him lol he was already dead on mine.. his brother was my follower now Bro.V is gone Brother F is pestering me... lmao

Draken

I'm in that quest right now, its really annoying since Farkas keeps talking to me and won't let me fight. I noticed he just shut his trap when I hit stage 3 on vamp. Hope he don't talk to me no more. Hope it will do the same with you if you are willing to be a vamp

TGW

Yeah, I don't know what the deal is. I'm not ready to be a vamp just to get rid of him and I did try doing what Drazker (see post up a little) suggested but when I spoke to the guards in Whiterun, none of them knew of any bounty even though I'm showing 1000 due. I wish there was a way to know where that 1000 bounty is owed.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
This glitch happens on the Xbox as well. Before Farkas started doing what he is doing, did you go a few rounds with either Farkas or Vilkas for the Taking Up Arms quest ?
And if so was your follower watching while you went a few rounds ?

TGW

This glitch happens on the Xbox as well. Before Farkas started doing what he is doing, did you go a few rounds with either Farkas or Vilkas for the Taking Up Arms quest ?
And if so was your follower watching while you went a few rounds ?

No, none of that. He did it the first time I walked through the door ever and headed to the left to where a couple of people were sparring.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts