• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Karen

boop.
I don't remember when this started happening, but it wasn't always like this and I'm pretty sure it's not just a coincidence that every bandit I kill happens to carry a skull. Ever since I noticed this, I payed attention more carefully, and I can say with certainty that pretty much every single time I look in a dead bandit's inventory, there will be a skull there. They don't always have gold, but they always have a skull, without fail.

I've considered that perhaps it's their skull I'm looting, like how you sometimes get Falmer ear(s) from dead Falmer, but if that's what it's implying, shouldn't all dead humans, or at least most of them, have a skull on their bodies? But it's only bandits, though, so it's like they have some cult ritual to carry a human skull on their persons at all times or something. This is a relatively new thing for me too, so I don't know if it's the same for everyone after they patched the game or something, but it's just a weird little thing I picked up on recently, and I don't know what it means. Is it the same in your games?

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Do you have a mod installed?

Could be going on the fritz or perhaps added in a realism type thing adding a skull in people you kill.

Saozig

Hippy
Yes, this is a likely gltich, probably either from a conlfict with a mod, if you're on PC, or from one of the DLCs . Skulls aren't loot this, at least not in the standard game. I think IIRC occasionally I found one on a Riekling in the Dragonborn DLC, but Rieklings are a little different from other enemies--their spawned loot can include almost any misc items, which can include items that in the standard game you typically just find lying around, like candlesticks or shovels. Skulls are one such *found* misc item in the standard game and with a couple of quest-related exceptions (IIRC) should only be items that you find in caves, dens or other interior areas, like on a bookshelf, which you can pick up and add to your inventory, but not something you find in an enemy's inventory.

Karen

boop.
Oh, you guys are right, it's probably the mods. I recently installed a few and they're probably going haywire now. I don't think any of them are supposed to do this, but it's a small problem (if it can even be called one) and I can live with it, just thought it was a little weird. I think I'll start a skull collection.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts