Enchantment question

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

cortez

Does an enchanted item's effectiveness hinge at all on the quality of the disenchanted item or on your skill alone. For example, if I was to enchant something with fire, and I already had a fire enchantment of 10 points, would it do any good to disenchant something with 25 points of fire damage?

NikolaTesla

Admiral Sunna Kyndai
No the condition of the item you disenchant doesn't matter, just the enchantment it self. For example if I were to disenchant a 30 point frost spell from an iron sword and then enchanted a daedric sword with the enchantment I got from disenchanting previously mentioned iron sword, the enchants would be the same, although the daedric sword would cause higher damage because of it has a higher base damage. Hope I helped!

StewCrew14

the enchament's damage is based off the Soul gem you used to enchant it. Using a Grand Soul will give more charges or more damage then say a lesser soul will.

NikolaTesla

Admiral Sunna Kyndai
Now I have another question, say I use a common soul gem to enchant something, if I use a grand soul gem to recharge it will it have more charges?

psyk0

No soul gem large enough.
Tes - no, the item will be stuck with the number of charges it had when you first enchanted it. Using bigger soul gems to recharge it will fill more of the charge bar per hit, but will not increase the maximum charges.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
The soul gem used to enchant something only determines how many shots/hits you can make with the weapon and not how powerful it is. When you accept the enchantment you have a drag bar that you can higher or lower (preset maximum dmg) to alter the amount of charge it potentially will have.
Ummm no. Maybe you're thinking of another Elder Scrolls game but, as StewCrew14 stated, in Skyrim the size of the soul gem determines both the base value for the enchantment and, for weapons, the charge size. Anything less than a Grand Soul Gem filled with a Grand Soul will result in an item with less than the full base value for the enchantment.

StewCrew14

Anyone know how to re-charge an enchanted item? My bow and sword are both getting low and i cant figure out how to recharge it. Do you have to be at an enchanter? Thanks! :)

Select the item in your inventory and press T (PC) and choose a soul gem.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts