enchanting & smithing redundant ?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
So I will have to hit level 60 + to see these upgraded creatures?

It could be nice to kill some un-upgraded first and later as I gain levels and they respawn they will be more powerful.

Btw, do you guys can think of any use of dragon shouts for a sneak assassin? because, honestly, i stopped bothering with them. so maybe next sword and bord toon will find them more useful.
To answer your other question first with "going legendary" with a overall level of around 40: I'd guess you could gain 2-3 levels by re-leveling up again, possibly more. I didn't do it a whole lot until I got in the 80's and at that point I could usually squeeze a level and a half or so out of the process.

Dragon Shouts: Aura Whisper was one I always found handy if I was doing ranged kills. It's a good way of finding all the potential targets and other people in the area. Also it's a silent shout as far as others not hearing you doing it. Many of the others just alert people to you fairly easily.

Snake Tortoise

Here's For Your Trouble
Per the thread title: Just like Alchemy and Restoration, or even Archery and Destruction.

While I don't agree alchemy makes smithing or enchanting redundant, I agree with both of these. I can't stand destruction and think it pales in comparison to archery. I've never had much to do with restoration but going through the spells and perks it does seem a bit pointless for an alchemist. I guess one good aspect of restoration would be less time spent in cities making potions, less time picking plants and more time battling through dungeons and actually fighting, but the benefits of alchemy are just so good if you're making builds for higher level play.

Sadly I might add the Sanguine Rose probably makes the entire conjuration discipline obsolete. To do better than the SR you'd have to be level 100 and have the twin souls perk, but obviously that involves a big commitment to conjuration as far as perks and time goes, which is a huge amount of work compared to the Night To Remember quest. Summoning two dremora lords is better than summoning one, but consider what you could have done with all of those conjuration perks if you just went for the staff instead. You could give yourself level 100 block with an equivalent amount of perks in that, or just spread those conjuration perks across your other skills and be generally better at everything else. I kind of wish they'd reduced the effectiveness of the staff to 60 seconds or something, because conjuration is one of my favourite skills

tomaja

I can understand applying poisons can be te tedious but for me it has become kind of a ritual.

Besides, my assassin never engages packs of enemies - he always goes for a single target kill - modus operandi: strategically position myself, get a sneak kill (supported by poison, invisibility, whatever the situation calls for), strategically retreat and move to another target or wait (hidden) for another sneak shot.

Alchemmy probably would not cut it in case of a dual wielding sword shredder - enchantments, I guess, would be way better. Somehow I cannot see myself applying poisons every second in a middle of a combat with several opponents.

I will develop smithing to upgrade the bow. My basic ebony daggers can handle everything and everyone provided I get x30 bonus which now seems not that difficult as I have practiced extensively :)

Depending on how situation develops later on I might dabble in enchannting - it is already in mid 50s solely from disenchanting and enchanting for sale.

It might actually prove advantageous (necessary?) later to max the killing potential of the bow as on few (only few, not even a few) occassions I felt it could do more dmg.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
So I will have to hit level 60 + to see these upgraded creatures?

It could be nice to kill some un-upgraded first and later as I gain levels and they respawn they will be more powerful.

Btw, do you guys can think of any use of dragon shouts for a sneak assassin? because, honestly, i stopped bothering with them. so maybe next sword and bord toon will find them more useful.
I agree. When I'm on the DB or TG questlines, I rarely use shouts and then it's usually limited to aura whisper (especially in TG it's great to know where all your enemies may or may not be). :)

tomaja

Yesterday midnight I got my greedy hands on a daedric bow that does additional 25 frost dmg to stamina and health. Better than my old unenchanted ebony bow. Cost only 3,5 k at Tonilla's. I actually might have to revise my policy on enchanting, but bow only as my abony daggers are more than enough.

I noticed it yesterday when setting fire to bee hives that the bow could actually use more punch (on Master difficulty). These mercenaries were really tough for a bow char even with x3 sneak bonus. But then I waited until midnight and neutralized all the marks using sneak from behind attacks before going for the safe and the hives :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts