• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Frankie English

Dragonborn
I want to do the thing where you where 4 pieces of enchanted armor that make destruction cost zero. I have done it plenty of times with armor but I want to do it with robes, it just feels more right. What I am asking is, is there a way to do the enchantments with robes. Since there is no helmet to enchant. Or is there a hood that looks good with a set of robes with no hood.

Grey Fox

You could kill yourself some Thalmor scum and I'm pretty sure you can enchant the hood you get from the magic shootin' guy....that is if you can endure the Thalmor stink that is infused in their gear.

Shoor

Clan Thu'um Guard
Since I don't play a mage myself, I can't speak much on finding robes... because what I know is you cant enchant robes which already have an enchantment. I've read somewhere that unenchanted robes do exist, but I don't know where to find them.

Here's the wiki page on clothing, it lists whether you can enchant them or not: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Clothing

Hope it gives you some idea.

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
There are both black and blue robes available that are unenchanted but I can't tell you where they are. Keep searching dressers and wardrobes and you should eventually run into some. I think I've seen some in dungeons populated by necromancers and other mage types.

I've been assaulted by wandering thieves on the road and occasionally one will be wearing a "mage hood" but it has no enchantments.

You may be able to buy something from a general goods store or Radiant Raiment in Solitude. Just guessing though.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts