• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Martin Robe

So, I've been using a spellsword style character, using a novice hood, which increases my magicka by 30 points. I later found a steel plate helmet that gives me 50 magicka points and I've been using that even though my character uses light armor.

my question is, how high would I have to get my enchanting, and what perks would I need to invest in to enchant a light armor helmet to get an equal or greater amount of magicka points? I've noticed my character's stamina is going down much faster since I've started using the +50 magicka helmet.

MyNameIsJon

I would go back to the light hood. Focus on what you're best at. If you wanna go light armor, don't be tempted to go half and half. You will eventually find a light helm or jewelry that will give you that much extra magicka. I don't know how much enchanting it would take to give you what you want, but work on it and find out for yourself. Part of the fun is growing your character.

Medea

The Shadow Queen
I believe you'd need every perk in the Enchanting skill tree's center line (except twin enchantments). With enchanting elixirs and all of those perks, you can get your fortify magicka enchantments to 60+.

The Shadowscale

Chosen at birth under the sign of the Shadow.
Let's play Pros and Cons.

Pros

+More Mana.
+More Defense.
+Frees up your hood so you can disenchant it and learn the Mana Enchant.
+Gives you the opportunity to get skills ups in Light and Heavy Armor.

Cons

-Slower Stamina Recovery.

For where you are with your character Id say stick with the Heavy Helm.

For end game Id focus on leveling Enchanting, Alchemy, Smithing and then choose a light armor style you like. With max Enchanting, Alchemy and Smithing you can basically take any armor set and make it 567 rating, which is max for armor (Which I love because you can be purely cosmetic here). Then you can throw double enchants on all your gear which can open options for zero cost for spells, extra Mana, extra Health, even magic immunity.

Hope that helped.

-Shadowscale

Martin Robe

thanks all! I've decided I won't bother too much with enchanting and so I just bought an adept hood from the college of winterhold that also gives me +50 magicka

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts