• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I not talking about the aldameri dominion no what I am saying is if the old cyrodillic empire was not forged by foolish warlike humans but by wise competent elves the old imperial empires created more chaos than order.

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
I'm sorry but you're going to need to correct your grammar. I have no idea what you're talking about, and as such, there is no way for us to have a discussion over your topic.

Osiris

Child of the Sky
I disagree, the Elves can be just as war like as the humans. Doth thou not recall the savage Ayleids?

Osiris

Child of the Sky
And Majir, srry I haven't been posting in the RP, school has been consuming my time as of late. Could you message me where we are currently?

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
I disagree, the Elves can be just as war like as the humans. Doth thou not recall the savage Ayleids?
Do you not recall the noble Snow Elves? At least the Ayleids didn't wipe out an entire race. But what did the Nords do? They exterminated an entire race. If anything, the Nords have more to answer for then the Alyeids. (Anyway, I'll get that message to you in a PM, not here).

Osiris

Child of the Sky
Ah true, but also remember the Dunmer, who enslaved the beastfolk until the third age. An empire under Elven control would be just as bad, if not worse, as an Empire ruled by men

Rimfaxe96

Do you not recall the noble Snow Elves? At least the Ayleids didn't wipe out an entire race. But what did the Nords do? They exterminated an entire race. If anything, the Nords have more to answer for then the Alyeids. (Anyway, I'll get that message to you in a PM, not here).

And why did they do it? Because the Elves tried to exterminate them during the Night of Tears.
I'd like to watch some stuff of this happen in a TES game though, it's very interesting from the psychological perspective.
How can a war develope exterminational intent? In case of the Nords and the Snow Elves we don't have enough information to make clear explanations except for the racial difference, but since humans and elves have been picking on each other since forever I'd say that is enough to declare inferiority on each other.
You can't give either side the title of warmonger. Elves won't let themselves be controlled by humans, and humans won't be controlled by elves. Exception from that is the Empire which might be dominated by humans, but not completely ruled (before the Mede's came to power for example, an Altmer ruled). Plus they respect and tolerate other cultures, which isn't something I've ever heard of in any Elven Empire/kingdom. And if it wasn't for the more tolerant younger generations who look over any racial differences (not all of course, but chances for the youg are higher than the old) I think humans would eventually win in the long run due to numbers and their skill at warfare (I think the only point where the elves are superior would be naval warfare). Humans might also develope faster; a centuries-old elf who's killed quite a number of humans and lost a few friends to them in some ancient battle won't think fondly of them. Humans don't last that long, and the newer generation won't take up revenge without a reason.

Gotta admit, I love considering it from a more psychological point of view. Too bad you never really get a conneny NPC to talk about stuff like that, although most probably don't even care (a guy who needs to run his mill to keep his family fed won't give two thoughts about why he might better hate elves or not etc).

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
The Noble Ayleids, A Truly Fine example of the Elven Race, There Architecture is far more pleasing to behold then that of the Ancient Nords

tx12001

And why did they do it? Because the Elves tried to exterminate them during the Night of Tears.
I'd like to watch some stuff of this happen in a TES game though, it's very interesting from the psychological perspective.
How can a war develope exterminational intent? In case of the Nords and the Snow Elves we don't have enough information to make clear explanations except for the racial difference, but since humans and elves have been picking on each other since forever I'd say that is enough to declare inferiority on each other.
You can't give either side the title of warmonger. Elves won't let themselves be controlled by humans, and humans won't be controlled by elves. Exception from that is the Empire which might be dominated by humans, but not completely ruled (before the Mede's came to power for example, an Altmer ruled). Plus they respect and tolerate other cultures, which isn't something I've ever heard of in any Elven Empire/kingdom. And if it wasn't for the more tolerant younger generations who look over any racial differences (not all of course, but chances for the youg are higher than the old) I think humans would eventually win in the long run due to numbers and their skill at warfare (I think the only point where the elves are superior would be naval warfare). Humans might also develope faster; a centuries-old elf who's killed quite a number of humans and lost a few friends to them in some ancient battle won't think fondly of them. Humans don't last that long, and the newer generation won't take up revenge without a reason.

Gotta admit, I love considering it from a more psychological point of view. Too bad you never really get a conneny NPC to talk about stuff like that, although most probably don't even care (a guy who needs to run his mill to keep his family fed won't give two thoughts about why he might better hate elves or not etc).
Are you forgetting that elves are very Skilled in the Arcane, Magic is superior to Weapons, at least it can do other things other then cause pain and anguish

Rimfaxe96

Are you forgetting that elves are very Skilled in the Arcane, Magic is superior to Weapons, at least it can do other things other then cause pain and anguish

No, I'm not. But Bretons are considered to be human for example and they excel in magic as well; they could enchant stuff so the damage is relatively low. Plus, the Snow Elves had magic too, and look what happened. The only one who managed to deal magic in a way to get even the Nords scared was the Snow Elf Prince, but even magic fails when the user is stabbed.
The only ones who I think could hold themselves up forever would be the Psijic Order, or at least until the first rifle is invented in Tamriel.

NachyoChez

Nords didn't wipe out the Snow Elves, they pushed them back to 'friendly lands'. The Dwemer then betrayed, enslaved, and blinded their cousins.

Indeed a 'noble' race!

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
Nords didn't wipe out the Snow Elves, they pushed them back to 'friendly lands'. The Dwemer then betrayed, enslaved, and blinded their cousins.

Indeed a 'noble' race!
Yes, the Snow Elves are 'noble'. The Dwemer... not so. I say the Nords killed them because they did. The Dwemer and Ayleids were always harsh to other races, so by pushing the Snow Elves into unfriendly territory, the Nords caused the extinction of an entire race.

However, lets not forget the Redguards and, of course, Nords.

-Redguards-
1) Killed countless Orcs alongside the Bretons (half man, half mer), and destroyed Orsinium at least twice. These attacks were unprovoked, as the Orcs only wanted peace with their neighbors.
2) Turned their backs on the Kothringi, thus that race is also extinct (as far as we know anyway)
3) They continuously have pirate issues and other faults of their own regarding murder and mayhem

-Nords-
1) The Snow Elves are now extinct because of them.
2) Constantly at war, if not with themselves, then with their neighbors
3) Lets not forget the Wolf Queen and her atrocities

Make no mistake there are more things the humans have done over time that would make the harshest Alyeid vomit all over your silly logic. So before you start harping on the Dwemer and Alyeids for cruelty, learn what your beloved humans have done to each other, their surroundings, and the elves.

tx12001

No, I'm not. But Bretons are considered to be human for example and they excel in magic as well; they could enchant stuff so the damage is relatively low. Plus, the Snow Elves had magic too, and look what happened. The only one who managed to deal magic in a way to get even the Nords scared was the Snow Elf Prince, but even magic fails when the user is stabbed.
The only ones who I think could hold themselves up forever would be the Psijic Order, or at least until the first rifle is invented in Tamriel.
you can tell that would never happen, however look at the Ayleids now don't just say that they were overrun by humans and annihilated because if you read the Lore it says that many ayleids joined St allessia so they were in a way also beaten by themselves as well as the Humans, it would relatively be unknown wether they would have achieved that if they did not join them but they did rule Cyrodiil for Centuries and that is a very long time you can not argue, However the Snow Elves were wiped out by the Nords they were not wiped out by the Dwemer as they are still alive as the Falmer, but Ysgramor waged wore on an entire race just because of the wrong doings of a few Snow Elves, they wwiped out Innocent elves who had nothing to do with it just because of a few Bad elves that did.

Rimfaxe96

you can tell that would never happen, however look at the Ayleids now don't just say that they were overrun by humans and annihilated because if you read the Lore it says that many ayleids joined St allessia so they were in a way also beaten by themselves as well as the Humans, it would relatively be unknown wether they would have achieved that if they did not join them but they did rule Cyrodiil for Centuries and that is a very long time you can not argue, However the Snow Elves were wiped out by the Nords they were not wiped out by the Dwemer as they are still alive as the Falmer, but Ysgramor waged wore on an entire race just because of the wrong doings of a few Snow Elves, they wwiped out Innocent elves who had nothing to do with it just because of a few Bad elves that did.

Of course they joined them, because they knew otherwise they wouldn't survive. They had Divine help so to say, which goes far beyond any Daedra powers. And yeah, they ruled over Cyrodiil thanks to the Daedra they worshipped.
The Snow Elves wiped out innocent humans as well. I don't know what gave them the idea to kill them all, but eventually they had to expect a respnse to it. I suppose they just didn't know exactly where the humans came from and had hoped that these were the last of them and all territorial problems solved.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?

Of course they joined them, because they knew otherwise they wouldn't survive. They had Divine help so to say, which goes far beyond any Daedra powers. And yeah, they ruled over Cyrodiil thanks to the Daedra they worshipped.
The Snow Elves wiped out innocent humans as well. I don't know what gave them the idea to kill them all, but eventually they had to expect a respnse to it. I suppose they just didn't know exactly where the humans came from and had hoped that these were the last of them and all territorial problems solved.
One of the most disturbing things about the Night of Tears is that I have no idea why the Snow Elves actually did it! And why, oh why did they slaughter the children? Admittedly, maybe extermination was an extreme response by Ysramor's folks, but, hey, Children Were Murdered in cold blood!

tx12001

Actually Daedra are more powerful then Aedra as they did not lose their power during the creation of Mundus and yes the snow elves did kill humans but only a small group of them yet for some reason ysgramor stereotyped all snow elves as being the same and decided to even kill the innocent ones.

tx12001

One of the most disturbing things about the Night of Tears is that I have no idea why the Snow Elves actually did it! And why, oh why did they slaughter the children? Admittedly, maybe extermination was an extreme response by Ysramor's folks, but, hey, Children Were Murdered in cold blood!
they would have most likely have gotton in the way, you think snow elves are bad take a look at knight peladin Gelabor, perhaps snow elves commited the night of tears considering that they were after the eye of magnus and magnus was a major deity in he elven pantheon, its like saying you have a holy artifact of our religion and we will stop at nothing to secure it.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts