Elder Scrolls 6 (VI): Where will it take place?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Elder Scrolls 6 (VI): Where will it take place?

• Cyrodil

Votes: 39 3.2%
  • High Rock

Votes: 44 3.7%
  • Summerset Isles

Votes: 168 14.0%
  • Hammerfell

Votes: 184 15.3%
  • Black Marsh

Votes: 97 8.1%
  • Valenwood

Votes: 110 9.1%
  • Elsweyr

Votes: 268 22.3%
  • Morrowind (again)

Votes: 15 1.2%
  • All of Tamriel

Votes: 279 23.2%

• Total voters

Adonans

But why split hairs when you could just visit any province you please? I mean, this is a OPEN WORLD game isn't it? That being said, it really wouldn't be that difficult create Tamriel, Yokudo and Summerset Isles. I mean, there have been games with bigger maps. Take WoW for instance, if you were to combined Azeroth, Kalimdor, and Northrend, you would have a continent way bigger than Tamriel and its surrounding islands. Now if WoW has a map that large, creating Tamriel would be nothing compared to that for Bethesda, a far superior company than blizzard in my opinion.

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
If I was in charge of Bethesda and the choice was up to me then ...
Elder Scrolls VI would be both Valenwood and Elsweyr, so that way we get both a jungle and a dessert as well as being able to continue the story of the Aldmeri Dominion without putting so much focus on such an unpopular and racist elves. I would have the thing about the moon the Khajiits worship disappearing turn into something important and the fact that the high elves took credit for bringing it back would be proved false allowing for a possible rebellion, and if they rebel, then we can have the empire restart the war against the Dominion, due to their time of weakness with a rebellion in one or maybe both of their protectorates. This brings us to ...
Elder Scrolls VII which unfortunately can't go into the Second Great War (World War 2) because the war would have to be all but the sole focus of the game, so instead we follow the refugees to the Black Marsh and the mainland of Morrowind. Currently Argonia / the Black Marsh has extended control over the mainland of Morrowind after the Red Mountain eruption and has become independent from the empire making them the last neutral zone in Tamriel. Refugees will plung into Argonia turning a once distant land that was only a Marsh with the mysterious, but to some, weird Argonians into now a diverse nations full of culture and architecture from all of the other provinces. With the influx of refugees there is now difficulties with the Argonian government as these refugees gain power and can be seen as a threat to the Argonians. We also get to return to Morrowind without it being the same and focused on the Dunmer. The refugees start to assimilate and then comes the results of the Second Great War ...
Elder Scrolls VIII takes place in the Summerset Isles. With the insurrection within the Aldmeri Dominion the war ends in driving the high elves off the mainland, but they still maintain their own autonomy. This makes for an interesting setting as we will get to play in land meant for mages, but now the Dominion and the Empire must start to reconcile as they seek to now keep peace after years of harsh war. There is also the question within the Dominion reguarding the Thalmor and their right to rule. This way you won't play the game wanting to strangle everyone you meet, but instead can support other political parties as the Thalmor are now weakened from their losses in the war.

These ideas, I feel solve some difficult problems that can be easily overlooked, while also bringing the Elder Scrolls game to the rest of Tamriel. At this point I would then want to go back to High Rock and Hammerfell or maybe witness the rise of Orisium, or of course explore Akavir. This all may be a little soon to think past Elder Scrolls VI, but I feel that unless they skip a 1000 years again, there needs to some coordination between the games, so this is my master plan.

MiniPea

The Dark Lord of Skyrim
I doubt they would make it in all of Tamriel, they're already doing that for TESO

Lizzifer

Watch out for hop-ons.
I don't care where it takes place, it could be in Sheogorath's cheese factory, just as long as it isn't 6 years from now.

Adonans

TESO will be for PC only, I am talking strictly about the elder scrolls 6, which should and naturally will be available for consoles. TES VI should be set it all of Tamriel, the votes speak for themselves.

Braiden V

Elsweyr. I'm already talking to my friends saying that 'I can't wait for Elsweyr' or 'Elsweyr is gonna be epic!' Which hopefully it is. If it even is in Elsweyr. I already have it in my head that the The Elder Scrolls IV will be in Elsweyr!
I thought so too at first but then realized I would have to talk to kajiit the whole time and I would be wandering through a jungle all the time. I honestly think high rock would be cool because the orc place that's there and high rocks a big place

moley25

slayin and searchin!!!!!!!
well,sorry to put a downer on things peoplebut i did herar that the guy that did the artwork for such games as fallout and skyrim had passed away.if they do put another eldar scrolls out i hope it will be on xbox 360 aswell.

DRTBAG

I like the idea of Elswyer too. I've actually thought about it like a year or so ago. For me, except for Fallout Vegas, there's not to many rpgs set in arid desert landscape. Never really thought bout Black Marsh though. I'm not big on the cats or hell, cats on Earth for that matter, but its the landscape I'm interested in. I think it would be different is all & I love the voice actors for them in Skyrim too, so they wouldn't bother me like so people mentioned. That's all I gotta say bout that.... On another subject, what's TESO??

Max the Daedric

Proud member of PAHAAA & Daedra worshipper
I like the idea of Elswyer too. I've actually thought about it like a year or so ago. For me, except for Fallout Vegas, there's not to many rpgs set in arid desert landscape. Never really thought bout Black Marsh though. I'm not big on the cats or hell, cats on Earth for that matter, but its the landscape I'm interested in. I think it would be different is all & I love the voice actors for them in Skyrim too, so they wouldn't bother me like so people mentioned. That's all I gotta say bout that.... On another subject, what's TESO??
The Elder Scrolls Online, basically a ES MMO. It's in Closed Beta right now.

SPCJunior

A place I call home.
Alright, here goes. I'm new to this whole forum thing and I don't have the lore down to a second history. I like the idea of the Argonian homelands, Black Marsh, but that is only because I like the race. Let's face it, in Oblivion, it was nice to be able to swim through that crack with the giant slaughterfish. And it made Fin Gleam almost unneccessary. I do think we should save the best for last, however.

What I really want to see though, is the return of the Dwemer. It may say they became extinct. But from what I have heard about Dawngaurd, it seems as though the Snow Elves aren't as dead nor as deformed and warped as Skyrim had us believing. So maybe there is hope for the Dwarves yet.

Another thing that would be just outstanding would be to pull another curve like the Shivering Isles. Maybe a war between the Daedric Princes and the Nine. Traveling between planes sounds good to me.

But if we are really gonna follow the story line to a T. An agent of Talos to put the Dominion back in their place sounds like a straight shot to me.

Gentleman Adventurer

A True Gentleman
My money's on the Summerset Isles. From the descriptions we've gotten, it just seems like the most visually interesting place we haven't visited yet. Main quest could very easily be about taking down the Thalmor. But I'd love an option to side with them, and get an alternate storyline.

Weismann

Oblivion Walker
This one thinks it will be among the warm sands of Elsweyr.

Also, to have a game that is open world on such a wide scale such as the entirety of Tamriel, well, I don't think that gaming technology has come that far. I mean, the expanse of Skyrim multiplied by eight? Maybe once Quantum Computing has advanced a bit.

Ru;indil

Mage Lord of Skywatch
This one thinks it will be among the warm sands of Elsweyr.

Also, to have a game that is open world on such a wide scale such as the entirety of Tamriel, well, I don't think that gaming technology has come that far. I mean, the expanse of Skyrim multiplied by eight? Maybe once Quantum Computing has advanced a bit.

Well , the entirety of Tamriel was there , in Elder Scrolls I : Arena. No offense , but that game had extremly poor graphics since it was released around 1995 and graphic engines weren't so good those times.

Anyways , I'd prefer the beautiful , densly forested, Thalmor-authorised province of Valenwood :p.

Weismann

Oblivion Walker
Perhaps I should have been more specific- open-world to that extent, and with divine-tier quality graphics.

YoungLord94

Yokudan Refugee
Hammerfell I want to see the great Alik'r desert and the tropical islands of Stros M'kai. Interesting setting for an elderscrolls game me thinks...

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
This franchise could go on for ever. If they had every single province they can start all over again making remakes of the games :D