Elder Scrolls 6 (VI): Where will it take place?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Elder Scrolls 6 (VI): Where will it take place?

• Cyrodil

Votes: 39 3.2%
  • High Rock

Votes: 44 3.7%
  • Summerset Isles

Votes: 168 14.0%
  • Hammerfell

Votes: 184 15.3%
  • Black Marsh

Votes: 97 8.1%
  • Valenwood

Votes: 110 9.1%
  • Elsweyr

Votes: 268 22.3%
  • Morrowind (again)

Votes: 15 1.2%
  • All of Tamriel

Votes: 279 23.2%

• Total voters

Generally Crappy

Member in Good Standing of House Redoran
Summerset Isle, just because of the whole Aldmeri War thing.

General Theodred

for the love of Talos...
I'm putting my bet on eleswyr.:oops:

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Kilgore Trout

Article Writer
Also (my call) second great war with aldmeri dominion so imperial are setting up shop in valenwood since its the closest province to summer set isles (maybe valenwood AND summer set since together they're about the size of skyrim

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
Also (my call) second great war with aldmeri dominion so imperial are setting up shop in valenwood since its the closest province to summer set isles (maybe valenwood AND summer set since together they're about the size of skyrim

They didn't let us do the first great war, so what makes you think that they will let us do the second great war? I think they may let you play the events leading up to the second great war, but I think that if you include the actual great war that it we'll overtake the rest of the game and it will be entirely about the great war, but you might see it as a dlc.

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
I don't think they will do it in Hammerfell simply because Daggerfall was Hammerfell and High Rock and I don't think Bethesda will start making remakes of old places at least until they have explored all of the provinces of Tamriel or at least mentioned them or explored them in a DLC.

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
I'm going to go with Tamriel as a whole. They did it in Arena, so why not now, 18 years later? They could reuse the provinces from past games, but completely overhaul them to make them look amazing. And maybe each province could have its own questline?

I do realize that this would take years to make, but the finished product would be incredible. I'd buy it at launch.

There's a reason why Skyrim came out 5 years after Oblivion. I don't know about you but I'd rather not wait at least 10 or 15 years for elder scrolls 6 even if it had all the provinces and had awesome graphics. Thee reason why they could make Arena cover all of Tamriel was because the land and the villages were randomly generated as opposed to being made perfectly like in Skyrim with citizens that all have quests for you or aren't just some random NPC.

ninjamann193

I know Hammerfell has been already imagined in previous games by bethesda but i think it will be the next one. The game could involve a pirate quest line and exploring the many islands in the area and also the destruction of the redguards old island of "Yokun"(or something like that) and then have a storyline with the large amount of dawrven ruins in the area maybe even explain there dissapearence and bring back arena combat which plays a big part of redguard culture. Then you have the heavy assault of the Thalmor attacking Hammerfell since it is now independant from the empire.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
There's a reason why Skyrim came out 5 years after Oblivion. I don't know about you but I'd rather not wait at least 10 or 15 years for elder scrolls 6 even if it had all the provinces and had awesome graphics. Thee reason why they could make Arena cover all of Tamriel was because the land and the villages were randomly generated as opposed to being made perfectly like in Skyrim with citizens that all have quests for you or aren't just some random NPC.

I didn't know this. Thanks.

Shield Bearer

For me all of Tamriel including every single province would take so long to do I mean think about when Oblivion was released compared to when they released Skyrim and the gap that it was. Don't get me wrong it would be amazing but it would take a while. But I'd happily use alot of my free time playing it.

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
I still think that it will be Elsweyr or Elsweyr and Valenwood through the process of elimination.
First off all of Tamriel would take too long.
Second, Skyrim, Cyrodil, Morrowind, and High Rock/Hammerfell have all been done before and before they have a remake or go back to a place they will explore all of the other provinces.
Third, Black Marsh is just that, a huge swamp and I think it would be cool, but it just doesn't have the diverse landscape of all the other games that Bethesda Games wants, so they can't show off all their great graphics. Black Marsh is also not really included in the struggle between the thalmor and the empire, which many people are excited to explore.
Fourth, Summerset Isles is basically all Altmer and not really any other race and because the thalmor are seen as the bad guys, so you don't want to walk around hating everyone in the game.
Finally, Valenwood is still very close with the thalmor and is the other half of the Aldmeri Dominion, so you can run into the same problem as with the Summerset Isles and Valenwood is only jungle, although the migratory trees sound AWESOME, after a while seeing only jungle could start to wear on you.
This leads to Elsweyr that is only a protectorate of the Aldmeri Dominion and it only recently became that, so there is still a diverse group of people and a possible conflict as well as a diverse landscape including jungle and desert.

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
Black marsh could be diverse in creatures and caves, but Elsweyr will probably have a better chance, due to it having rainforests and deserts, etc and also being where khajiit live. But what would be the main plot, I wonder, due to there being no imperial control there? Of course there's not much known about Elsweyr already, so the ruling system there could have something to do with it.

I bet or at least hope that the 7th Elder Scrolls game will be Black Marsh because I think what Bethesda should do is have the 6th game lead up to the 2nd Great War, so I think it should be set in Elsweyr. Then many people will flee to the only neutral entity in Tamriel being ARGONIA / Black Marsh, which will also include the mainland of Morrowind, so that there is more than just swamp. This already gives you a problem that you can make quests about and that is how do the Argonians handle a huge refugee problem? These refugees will also be able to rebuild places in Morrowind as well as colonize the some of the better parts of the Black Marsh and make them more inhabitable.

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
A friend and I were talking about the next Elder Scrolls game. We came up with an idea I called The Elder Scrolls VI: Invasion. It would be an invasion of the continent of Akavir. Anyone who knows their Lore knows the Tamriel and Akavir have been out of touch for awhile now and when they do make contact it''s generally violent. This concept would allow the introduction of four new races, a HUGE new map, a story-line which would revolve around either the conquest of Akavir or making peace with Akavir, and new factions and weapons that we have yet to see. This game would need to take place part way through the war so that there are a few Empire controlled cities for the player to make use of. Anyone else want to see something fresh like this? This would show a darker chapter in the Empires history. Failing at the Akavir invasion you could reverse the tables and include all of Tamriel with the Akaviri invading.

Shield Bearer

A friend and I were talking about the next Elder Scrolls game. We came up with an idea I called The Elder Scrolls VI: Invasion. It would be an invasion of the continent of Akavir. Anyone who knows their Lore knows the Tamriel and Akavir have been out of touch for awhile now and when they do make contact it''s generally violent. This concept would allow the introduction of four new races, a HUGE new map, a story-line which would revolve around either the conquest of Akavir or making peace with Akavir, and new factions and weapons that we have yet to see. This game would need to take place part way through the war so that there are a few Empire controlled cities for the player to make use of. Anyone else want to see something fresh like this? This would show a darker chapter in the Empires history. Failing at the Akavir invasion you could reverse the tables and include all of Tamriel with the Akaviri invading.
Interesting idea I cant say im familiar with the Akavir but I will read into it, I've only been playing Skyrim a couple of months and didn't play Oblivion which I need to really. But I agree even with my lack of knowledge I think that would make an amazing game.

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
Interesting idea I cant say im familiar with the Akavir but I will read into it, I've only been playing Skyrim a couple of months and didn't play Oblivion which I need to really. But I agree even with my lack of knowledge I think that would make an amazing game.
Main UESP page for Akavir lore. Lore:Akavir - UESPWiki

Skyrimosity

I'm buying the next TES game regardless of where it is but in my opinion it will take place in the Warm Sands/lush forests of Elsewyr. I just think Bethesda dropped a few hints with the Khajiit caravans and them describing their home at times.

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
First off trying to do all of Akavir would take just as long as doing all of Tamriel (at very least 10-15 years)
Secondly, they have tons of lore all about Tamriel and about provinces we haven't been to yet. It wouldn't make sense for them to make more lore for Akavir before first doing all of the provinces of Tamriel.
Doing Akavir eventually would be really cool though.

Skyrimosity

Well, a fundamental flaw of this plan, one of the most easily understandable anyway, is that the current Empire is too weak to invade Akavir and as it is they show no signs of any quick improvement in power.

General Theodred

for the love of Talos...
I bet or at least hope that the 7th Elder Scrolls game will be Black Marsh because I think what Bethesda should do is have the 6th game lead up to the 2nd Great War, so I think it should be set in Elsweyr. Then many people will flee to the only neutral entity in Tamriel being ARGONIA / Black Marsh, which will also include the mainland of Morrowind, so that there is more than just swamp. This already gives you a problem that you can make quests about and that is how do the Argonians handle a huge refugee problem? These refugees will also be able to rebuild places in Morrowind as well as colonize the some of the better parts of the Black Marsh and make them more inhabitable.

Black Marsh is the only neutral place left in tamriel, so it is possible that Bethesda will lead the 2nd great war and its aftermath storyline there. As for the 6th part it could be in the warm sands of elswyer.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2