Elder Scrolls 6 (VI): Where will it take place?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Elder Scrolls 6 (VI): Where will it take place?

• Cyrodil

Votes: 39 3.2%
  • High Rock

Votes: 44 3.7%
  • Summerset Isles

Votes: 168 14.0%
  • Hammerfell

Votes: 184 15.3%
  • Black Marsh

Votes: 97 8.1%
  • Valenwood

Votes: 110 9.1%
  • Elsweyr

Votes: 268 22.3%
  • Morrowind (again)

Votes: 15 1.2%
  • All of Tamriel

Votes: 279 23.2%

• Total voters

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
There is Akavir and other places other than Tamriel, but all the lore is mostly centered around Tamriel, so I think they will more likely want to stay in Tamriel for as long as they can before they have to move out of Tamriel.

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
To be honest, I think six games is long enough. That's just me, though. I still think it would make more sense to have the next game take place in the whole of the Dominion.
I don't know ... I just feel that Alinor has a lot of its own lore that is separate from the lore in Elsweyr and Valenwood and I think if they do a game with three provinces, that will cause a province to be a little more left out or for there to be less detail for all the provinces. Let's not forget that making just one race and land come to life can be quite difficult and doing two races and two provinces would be itself difficult. Think about Daggerfall and how it cut out a large portion of Hammerfell and now think of it with three provinces. I just think that trying to make three different cultures come to life in one elder scroll game would be too overwhelming seeing as making one culture come to life takes 5 years.

mast3rlinkx

True. You've convinced me.

When Elder Scrolls leaves Tamriel, where do you think it should start? It's bound to happen. It's looking likely that Elder Scrolls VIII is gonna be somewhere other than Tamriel. Like I said before, I think it'll move to Akavir once they're done with Tamriel. People are getting curious as to what the other lands of Nirn look like.

i'm probably expecting to much from bugthesda but i would love all of tamriel. I usually play as a khajit and i totally love the idea of getting a different place to start the game in the beginning. like your home providence, the different quests and factions depending on your race would be pretty neat too just a huge undertaking. I love the idea of the walking trees in valenwood. i think it would be cool to do a prequal kind of game. set it back before any of the other games. maybe the time of tiber septim. we could be talos! that would be cool. other than the fact that we would be required to be a nord. otherwise that would be neat. nothing against nords of course.

mast3rlinkx

i'm probably expecting to much from bugthesda but i would love all of tamriel. I usually play as a khajit and i totally love the idea of getting a different place to start the game in the beginning. like your home providence, the different quests and factions depending on your race would be pretty neat too just a huge undertaking. I love the idea of the walking trees in valenwood. i think it would be cool to do a prequal kind of game. set it back before any of the other games. maybe the time of tiber septim. we could be talos! that would be cool. other than the fact that we would be required to be a nord. otherwise that would be neat. nothing against nords of course.

I always play a Nord before any other race in Elder Scrolls. Nords are my favorite race!

Nords have been my favorite race since Morrowind. Skyrim just made me like them even more since their culture really developed in it.
I've always been a sneak in these games so I love khajits. When I make a second character I pick Nords so I can just go beat on stuff lol. I know their versatile but I love cats anyways lol.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
Somerset Isles I hope.

mast3rlinkx

As I said before, Elsweyr was referenced a lot in Skyrim. Cyrodiil was referenced a lot in Morrowind, if I remember correctly, and Oblivion took place in Cyrodiil. Skyrim was often referenced in Oblivion, and, well, Skyrim took place in Skyrim. And since Valenwood's lore is closely tied with that of Elsweyr, it'll likely be a double up between Elsweyr and Valenwood. Alinor will likely be the setting of TESVII, and I'm guessing TESVIII will take place outside of Tamriel. I'm shooting for Akavir, to be honest.

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
As I said before, Elsweyr was referenced a lot in Skyrim. Cyrodiil was referenced a lot in Morrowind, if I remember correctly, and Oblivion took place in Cyrodiil. Skyrim was often referenced in Oblivion, and, well, Skyrim took place in Skyrim. And since Valenwood's lore is closely tied with that of Elsweyr, it'll likely be a double up between Elsweyr and Valenwood. Alinor will likely be the setting of TESVII, and I'm guessing TESVIII will take place outside of Tamriel. I'm shooting for Akavir, to be honest.

:sadface: No one cares about Argonians up in Black Marsh anymore do they???
I think they could make a game in Black Marsh and it would be kind of like Morrowind where the center is a wasteland (volcano) and the cities are all on the edges of the province. It would also be cool if they did the Black Marsh with the mainland of Morrowind since the Argonians took over that place since the eruption / destruction of Vvardenfell and then you can still have all the other races in the game just be up there in Morrowind.

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
I do agree with you though that it will be really cool to leave Tamriel and go somewhere else, most likely Akavir and see all of the other crazy races that they have and how their area works.

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
Yeah. Akavir's the one Bethesda's revealed the most about, and I think it's the only other inhabitable region of Nirn. I'd love to see the Serpent Folk and Tiger Folk, to be honest.
Hmmmmmm Serpent Folk and Tiger folk ... don't we already have those??? (Argonians and Khajiits)
What we don't have are the killer monkeys!!!!!!

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
I'm just saying I'm more interested in killer monkeys.