Xbox 360 Elder Knowledge Major Glitch!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

NoviKaiba

So I went exploring before I decided to get into the bulk of the main quest line. I found Septimus' Outpost and completed the "Discerning the Transmundane" quest to get the elder scroll. Then I ended up reading the scroll and it gave me a choice as to what I wanted to know (the choices boiled down to warrior, magic, or thief skills). I chose warrior and got a bunch of level-ups in armor, weapon, and block skills. Then, a long time later, I finally started doing the main quest and started "Elder Knowledge." Now that I actually need the scroll to read it at the time wound, I don't have it. I didn't sell it, I actually already read it. How is this possible?! Since the elder scroll is essentially destroyed now, is it even possible to complete "Elder Knowledge"? Please help!

I love the game, but all of these glitches are seriously starting to annoy me. Especially on THE main quest line!

Chryss

what you got was the Oghma Infinium, its a book of knowledge. the elder scroll is something else. I did the quests together so I got both, you will have to go back and get the elder scroll. However, since i did the quests together I am not sure you can. Don't see why not, worth a shot.

Dentred

Dancer/ Artist
Umm, it seems you read the Oghma Infiniam. If you attempt to read the elder scroll, some image will flash before you, but it won't really do anything.

The Elder Scroll SHOULD still be in your inventory, if not then you are glitched and I guess the only solution would be to go back a save or start over, sadly.

Couthful

Tamriel Adventurer
If you read the Oghma Infinium you should also have the Elder Scroll as it was part of the requirement for the quest, thats why you went to Blackreach, transcribing it for Septimus is what allowed him to open the dwarven safe. You can't drop it, the only vendor who will buy it is the librarian in the College of Winterhold, so if neither of you two have it I'd take a run back to Blackreach to get it and try to avoid the smell of dead Falmars.

Fourshakes

I'd rather be working on my bowling average.
is it even possible to complete "Elder Knowledge"? Please help!

Um.. Elder Knowledge is a completely different quest and you have to play with a dwarven contraption to actually get the scroll. Trust me, you'll have to work for it. They aren't just going to give it to you lol.

NoviKaiba

Oh ok. I will give that a try and hopefully it will work. I went through Blackreach, but maybe I missed something because I don't think the elder scroll is in my inventory. Hopefully it's not a glitch.

omen

i was stuck on this. tried to go to septimus, but he was gone. i went to where i got the scroll before and it was there. "elder knowledge complete"

vitrioso

Yeah, you read the Oghma.