Dual-Wield / Two-Handed / Sword & Shield

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

What does your Warrior prefer?

• Total voters

LuChao

The Martial artist
I've done all three and honestly cant pick a fav each has advantages and disadvantages I just can't seem to say one is def better

Snake Tortoise

Here's For Your Trouble
Didn't really enjoy two single handed weapons together when I tried that out, but one handed/shield and two handed are tough to choose between. If I wanted to make a warrior character as effective as possible they'd have a sword and shield, but two handed has that awesome perk that lets you hit multiple enemies with a single swing- extremely satisfying to do.

I'll go sword/shield if I have to choose. At low levels the extra armour is nice and being able to shield bash a mage while they're blasting you is handy, while at high levels it's an extra enchantment or two working for you

jett5568

Keep going with your duel wield berserker. Most fun IMO.
Edit: whoops just saw this thread is dead. Ignore this.
Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
2 handed all the way. Can't get the hang of sword and board and dual just gets confusing (although it makes for some awesome beheading cuts).

Normally 1 hand & spell though.

Warriors always Companion/2 handed. Always.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
My Orc wont decapitate when he dual wields (and yes I do have the perk) :sadface:

Iv seen it happen before on another character, but for some reason he doesnt do it...

ZeroDragon

Bring me my broadsword, and clear understanding.
Characters in previous games, and my first characters in Skyrim, were sword and board. I don't really get on with 2 handed. But for the last 300 hours or so it's been dual wielding a pair of swords, or on occasion a sword in my right hand and an axe in the left. Combat feels more fluid.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Well I am trying out the pure warrior build with Gregrick, an Imperial soldier. He is in heavy Imperial armour, and uses a battleaxe. He did have a steal one but found a dwaven one and likes it better. He uses NO magic at all, except for a little healing. He will read skill books but will not read any magica ones, nor will he buy any. I started him on Master difficulty straight from the beginning and he is only about level 8. He does have a simple Imperial bow he will use occasionally for ranged shots. So far Gregrick has only started the Civil war quest line, but he is currently making a side trip to Bleak Falls Barrow to get the dragon stone, so that the dragons start appearing, for what is Skyrim without Dragons? Oh and he is a loner so NO follower.

Let me just say, straight off, it's kind of fun just rushing in and hacking away. But on master it does get a little tricky. I have found the battleaxe to be slow and draining, so I am putting a lot of points into stamina. I don't know if I like the two handed weapons. They are a little slow for me. But I am going to stick with it. As well as using no magic, I have decided that Gregrick will not be using any enchanted weapons or armour. He WILL improve them however, because he was once a smith so it is logical that whatever items he does have, he would have improved them to the best of his skills. This is also my first Imperial build and siding with the Empire in the Civil war.

So the perks I am concentrating on are: Health and Stamina. And then Heavy armour, two-handed, smithing (heavy armour side), and a little bit into archery.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
Characters in previous games, and my first characters in Skyrim, were sword and board. I don't really get on with 2 handed. But for the last 300 hours or so it's been dual wielding a pair of swords, or on occasion a sword in my right hand and an axe in the left. Combat feels more fluid.

The only thing I dislike about dual-wielding is that you cant draw out a fight to make it more epic without running backwards a lot. Thats what I love about sword&board and 2handed, you can block and hold your stance and really let the bandit chief think he has a chance :p

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
While Dual Wielding is by far the most powerful of the melee builds, if not the most powerful build in the entire game, sword and board is typically what I go with.

I have a redguard with axe and dual perks... in the one-hand tree... built heavy stamina, with stamina and resists enchants. Wolfie armor... with health 'chant - makes short work of most everything... two skyforge axes.. smith-ed to legendary.. hold down left and right attacks together... buzz-saw

sad part I overwrote about 2 1/2 hours of progress right before bed last night.. read before you hit OKAY ...ugh no autosaves... I had taken Njada Stonearm for a tour of the reach, including Skyhaven temple...

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
Two-Handed:

Bloodskal Blade
Ebony Blade (low damage but fast as the wind and awesome w/Sweep perk)
Dawnguard Runehammer (underrated imo)

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
Two-Handed:

Bloodskal Blade

Yeah I really like the Bloodskal Blade. At low levels, the energy beam is enough to wipe out or seriously injure most low level bandits and petty creatures. Once you get the aiming worked out, it really is quite an effective weapon.

LotusEater

Two-Handed:

Bloodskal Blade

Yeah I really like the Bloodskal Blade. At low levels, the energy beam is enough to wipe out or seriously injure most low level bandits and petty creatures. Once you get the aiming worked out, it really is quite an effective weapon.

First time I picked it up I was like "JANK!"

But then I saw how cool it looked drawn and started using it. It's definitely one of the weapons that could draw me back into playing. That and Miraak's Staff. As you know, two-handed when timed right is devastating and the beam plays right in to that.

LotusEater

2 handed all the way. Can't get the hang of sword and board and dual just gets confusing (although it makes for some awesome beheading cuts).

Normally 1 hand & spell though.

Warriors always Companion/2 handed. Always.

The only way I go Sword & Board is if I'm using Targe of the Blooded and Chillrend. Great combo on a heavy poison build.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts