• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

berzum

Why is the alto wine always gone?
So I have a few idea about the Draugr, http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Draugr. I noticed that I can go into a cave/tomb/barrow that has not been entered for centuries yet there are candles lit. Same can be said about the abundance of food and other goods such as wine bottles, are the Draugr down there eating and getting drunk....getting drunk around candles can lead to some serious fluffing moments. I always picture the Draugr in a nice skirt cleaning up the place, their crypts are very well maintained, and the traps are always set, as if they are expecting me to wander in, and they always seem to jump out to greet me, usually by trying to kill me.
I have came across a book in my travels at the Winking Skeever in Solitude. This adventurer, forgot the name, spent i believe 7 months living with the Draugr. I found this book to be very amazing and humorus, and even a bit sad. The Draugr are bound to clean and light candles for their master (usually a dragon priest) for all eternity. Such loyalty should be praised, but I have a feeling it is more of a slavery issue. I was amazed to learn in this book I read in game that it appears the draugr have a crude language of their own, I would very much love to Learn more about it.
I hope this thread has been a bit entertaining and maybe educational.

Vaga8ond

Sometimes bandits plunder and take refuge in these barrows and caves and leave their trash in there or maybe it was left over when the living were around.

mattizcool

Flying lawnmowers are cool.
I just go with my head canon and believe M'aiq the Liar lights the candles in his search for calipers.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Fascinating. I had always wondered about that, and suspected that certain draugr remain active in the house-keeping of their crypts. To learn that the game reveals some of the mystery through a book is quite satisfying. I must now keep my eyes out for this book, as the draugr are a source of morbid fascination for me.

khazan99

Semi-professional cabbage collector
I forgot about that book - I found it once and read through it, and it was a very good read.

"Amongst the Draugr", by Bernadette Bantien can be found upstairs in the Winking Skeever

AS88

Staff member

AS88

Staff member

berzum

Why is the alto wine always gone?
Fascinating. I had always wondered about that, and suspected that certain draugr remain active in the house-keeping of their crypts. To learn that the game reveals some of the mystery through a book is quite satisfying. I must now keep my eyes out for this book, as the draugr are a source of morbid fascination for me.
go to the winking skeever in solitude and rent the room for the night, on the bookshelf you will find about 15 books, one of them tell of it, i added it to my collection, most people dont read the books but 90% of the books are awsome to read.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts