• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

King o' the Britains

Supreme Commander of Elite Awesomeness
This is thread about dragons. your good/bad/deadly experiences with them. noticing how they always or never attack certain cities. anything. i have never had a dragon attack whiterun besides the 'dragon rising' quest. EVERYWHERE, and i mean everywhere, but whiterun has been attacked by a dragon. even the dark brotherhood sanctuary has.

Nuitari

Dark Luna God of Magic
I find the same thing occurs in my game, it seems that all cities have been attacked by dragons except Whiterun (and in my game Windhelm). It makes me laugh when they attack the College of Winterhold and are dispatched by the mages there. Also when you say the Darkbrotherhood sanctuary which one to you mean?

King o' the Britains

Supreme Commander of Elite Awesomeness
the one by falkreath(the boringest town in tamriel). i just had one attack windhelm yesterday.

Nuitari

Dark Luna God of Magic
Gosh, I've never had that I mean I've had dragons attack the Dawnstar sanctuary but never the Falkreath one.

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
I have only recently had a dragon attack Windhelm. It's the only one I've seen in my 300+ hour save, but it does happen.

Markarth and Whiterun I've never seen attacked. Riften is attacked from time to time, Solitude is attacked most frequently that I've noticed. The cities without a load-screen at the gate are like dragon-traps. You can almost guarantee an attack when visiting Dawnstar or Morthal.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
Today a frost dragon came around and DIDNT EVEN NOTICE ME!!! It was killing everything else except me! AND IT RAN AWAY !!!:mad:

FrostedPink

Fairon
Speaking of dragons...when do they become more difficult? I've slain about 12 so far, and all have been relatively easy. A few arrows and some hack and slash and boom. Dead. I know it isn't because of my mad gamer skills (trust me, I have none). Do they level with you?

Generally Crappy

Member in Good Standing of House Redoran
I had a dragon attack Windhelm in the middle of the fight for Windhelm at the end of the Civil War Questline. Damn Stormcloaks didn't even help.

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
Speaking of dragons...when do they become more difficult? I've slain about 12 so far, and all have been relatively easy. A few arrows and some hack and slash and boom. Dead. I know it isn't because of my mad gamer skills (trust me, I have none). Do they level with you?

As you level more advanced dragon types will appear.

Dragon, Blood Dragon, Frost Dragon, Elder Dragon, Ancient Dragon -and with dawnguard- Revered Dragon, Legendary Dragon.

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
I've had dragons attack me in Dawnstar, Riften, Morthal and Winterhold. Once in Solitude but never in Whiterun, Markarth or Windhelm. Could be the load screens, but Riften and Solitude were attacked. Hmm....? No idea.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
No but stronger versions come as you level

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
I remember the first dragon I fought outside of the quest line. I was going to fight it when my horse shadowmere and fought it for me which was good because a dragon priest showed up so I had to fight him. Then I sat and watched as the dragon continued to try to kill shadowmere to no avail, so while my horse distracted it, I just shot it full of arrows.

i K33L n0085

Destroyer Devour Master
I really wish Bethesda made dragons more realistically difficult in Skyrim. I remember my first time seeing a drake (a lesser cousin of the dragon) in Dragon's Dogma, and it was so difficult I had to run away. But in Skyrim, I slaughter dragons like flies.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts