Dragons..Random with a pattern?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Onyx

Just noticed a pattern to Dragon appearances...just wondering if others have experienced the same?

When playing my first char I traveled more by foot than fast traveling and as such even at lvl 25 have only seen around 4 or 5 random dragon encounters.

Now take my second char who fast travels most places (after discovering once) and now it seem every time I fast travel a dragon appears...even in capitals. It is actually getting a bit annoying as there I am, returning to re-spawned dungeons ready to sneak in all stealthy and then a bloody dragon attacks and ruins it. Now they are attacking capitals (whiterun etc) so basically every time I fast travel a dragon shows up.

Anybody else notice this?

I notice that every single time I fast travel to Windhelm a dragon attacks. That's the only city that I've fought a dragon in so far, but it is really annoying that ever single time I go there, I have to kill a dragon. Don't get me wrong, I like killing dragons, but every time is a bit much

Onyx

Yeah, for me it is Dawnstar...every time (although almost every place I fast travel it happens).

As you said, I like fighting Dragons too but every fast travel is getting old

Apart from that still enjoying it :)

Sebastián Piazza

Mother fluffer Jones
Ye it seems to spawn a lot more when you fast travel and closer to citys. A lot of the dragons i killed where in citys and i have been just fast traveled to them.

Onyx

Good to see it is not just me then. Think I will have to normal travel a bit more and less fast travel :) Pick up some herbs on the way :)

Wurms

Im lvl21 on PS3. Havent noticed many fast travel attacks. Random attacks ive had were right outside Falkerth and the Plains near Whiterun. I had a dragon attack me in College of Winterhold as i was leaving. Then when I fast traveled back to Winterhold a little later on another dragon attacked. Now there are two bone piles of dragons in Winterhold Colllege. That was the only fast travel attack i remebering having. Havent had any in a city/town other than the College and i fast travel quite a bit, especially to Whiterun.

Dzylon

It probably has something to do with the way unscripted dragons were coded, making dragons less likely to spawn if you travel on foot.

Onyx

I think so yes, or maybe the games way of telling me to haul a** to the Greybeards (lvl 22 and not seem em yet :p)