Dragonborn should be High king/Queen of skyrim

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Osena

As much stuff as the Dragonborn has done he/she should be voted has ruler of skyrim at the moot

Rhubarb&Custard

Dragonborn's got enough crap to lead if you've done all the side quests, like the companions, DB, Thieves Guild, Mage's College, without being voted as High Queen/King too. I always see Dragonborn as neutral when it comes to these sort of things. (Unless you do the imperial/stormcloak side quests, but that's up to you) Being the High Ruler would sort of be the straw that broke the camel's back. If you get my meaning.

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
The idea of the Dragonborn character eventually (off-screen, possibly between games) becoming the leader of Skyrim or even The Empire isn't that outlandish. The parallels between The Dragonborn and Tiber Septim is drawn several times over the course of the game.

It would be a fun reward in the final DLC for Skyrim. Not unlike in The Shivering Isles, where The Hero of Cyrodiil eventually becomes
The Madgod, Sheogorath

Osena

The idea of the Dragonborn character eventually (off-screen, possibly between games) becoming the leader of Skyrim or even The Empire isn't that outlandish. The parallels between The Dragonborn and Tiber Septim is drawn several times over the course of the game.

It would be a fun reward in the final DLC for Skyrim. Not unlike in The Shivering Isles, where The Hero of Cyrodiil eventually becomes
The Madgod, Sheogorath

i like that idea my self shivering isles was fun final dlc

Xivia4

In terms of TES lore this could be quite tricky. Who the hell is the Dragonborn anyway? Name, race, lineage, etc... Placing them into the cannon would prove quite difficult and could impact future gameplay.

Serebro Moniker

He who moves it moves it
You know who I think deserves the role?
Brunwulf Free-Winter, the nicest guy in Skyrim, who replaces Ulfric Stormcloak as Jarl of Windhelm if the Empire wins the civil war. Within hours of assuming his post he meets with the local dark elves and promises to develop and renovate the ghetto-like Grey District they've been forced to live in. He also retains most of Ulfric's court staff since they know their jobs well enough and offers lodging to the Jarls that were deposed for supporting the Stormcloaks. He then takes charge of Windhelm and doesn't lose that sense of modesty or approach-ability.
Basically he's in the running for the best person ever award.

Osena

Am not sure about that i feel the Dragonborn should be a nord canon wise sovengard is nord thing not too spoil any thing and so is the shout

Medea

The Shadow Queen
Maybe they could give you the option to be high king/queen, or the Champion of the monarchy, and give you quests related to that. Or the option to rule Skyrim from the shadows, where the high king/queen would be your puppet and you pull all the strings from behind the throne. Any of these options would obviously mean a lot of work writing changes into the game, but maybe it's worth it in a future DLC.

Osena

No i don't like that Idea ShadowQueen that is how Riften is ran by maven and it dos not suit my Dragonborns sword and board pursuits he is more like Conan not member of the DB or TG lol

Medea

The Shadow Queen
No i don't like that Idea ShadowQueen that is how Riften is ran by maven and it dos not suit my Dragonborns sword and board pursuits he is more like Conan not member of the DB or TG lol

Conan does not want Skyrim. Remember what he said in Conan the Destroyer? "I will have my own kingdom... my own queen." lol

Osena

I said my Dragonborn is more like Conan but you right conan form the books get Aquilonia my Dragonborn is a nord and he wants Skyrim to rule lol

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
If this were to happen it would probably have to be another questline that can only be started after the civil war. You can be Ulfric or Elisifs champion, you could stealth your way to the top or you could be named their heir right before something bad happened to them, allowing you to take their place legally.

Osena

Well as some one said the Dragonborn rule the empire starting with tiber septim i think skyrim is a good starting place for the Dragonborn

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
They could make it so in TES6 you could tell the game who the dragonborn was and who won the civil war, allowing multiple different experiences. You could be the descendant of the dragonborn, maybe, and their race would depend on what race you are. Course it would take a while, and they would probably be unable to start you off as a prisoner, like always, unless one of the provinces or some Akaviri/Sea Elves/Sload/Left-Handed Elves rebelled/attacked.

Not everyone likes the Dragonborn. Many would not feel comfortable with him/her being the King/Queen of Skyrim due to some of the things the Dragonborn has done. I'll refrain from posting an example due to spoilers. If you want me to provide a good example message me.

Osena

Not everyone likes the Dragonborn. Many would not feel comfortable with him/her being the King/Queen of Skyrim due to some of the things the Dragonborn has done. I'll refrain from posting an example due to spoilers. If you want me to provide a good example message me.

that is fair but my Dragonborn is a boy scout sort of lol

Osena

I have a bad feeling that elder scrolls 5 might be the last single player one due too Elder scrolls online comeing out

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin

And a big part of being an absolute monarch is being liked.

Nope.

Couldn't say it out loud without laughing.

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.

You do know the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood questlines are optional, right? :)

As an Elf they would hate me as High King. Doubt it would stop me adventuring though as even though I'm head of the Companions they still send me on off on minor quests to kill bears and beat people up and even though I'm Arch Mage of the Mage's College I'm still expected to look around for someone's misplaced spectacles. Geeze I'm not even allowed to touch half the books in the Library...

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts