• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Omega Dragon

I think the Civil War could work as a main questline if it were fleshed out more to add different character type missions. To be able to be in the war as a scout/healer/sword n board/archer would add a lot to it. You could choose how you wanted to fight the war, up close or from the sidelines healing others, or scout out and set ambush points before a battle.

Like said above ^

Yeah, this.

The current civil war simply was not fleshed out enough to be a selling point of Skyrim. Bethesda could've fleshed it out to make it comparable as a main questline, if they so wanted, so it could make for an interesting alternative to the Dragonborn/Alduin main quest.

Some examples could include -

• Have General Tullius assassinated in a way that'd put you in position to become the new Imperial commander of Skyrim that depending on your actions and your racial choice, you may be forced to face fellow Imperial soldiers that believe you assassinated him and/or a spy sent by the Stormcloaks or Thalmor. (And vice versa for joining the Stormcloak rank, except for the assassination thing - Ulfric would die by execution and you'd be responsible for helping Ralof and other Stormcloak soldiers out.)
  • Spy Mission & Intel Gathering Alternatives to "Campaign" - every war has their spy missions and every military/government has their spies. Simple enough.
  • Diplomacy - like above, every war has their line divisions and diplomacy. Want the Jarl of Whiterun to join you? Maybe he needs something done that his forces can't do, or you could kill him too (not without consequence, necessarily).
  • Resource Management - Like it says, I mean someone's gotta pay for all them soldiers' food and other manners of resource management.
  • 3rd-party Disruption - Maybe you're a Thalmor, so you want to see the two sides kill one-another. Well something like that mayhaps?

Here is the "What If" as I see it

After the Civil War, now that Skyrim is weakened, no matter what side would win, the Thalmor are in a great position.

I would like to see the Thalmor planning to invade/take over Skyrim. All of the sudden, Solitude would be Lost, under Thalmor full control. The access to the sea will allow them to bring more force in.

After Markrath falls under their control, the people of skyrim start to realize what is happening. The Jarl of Whiterun will start the resistance.

You will have to choose side: Helping the Thalmor or Defend Skyrim

Intrigue and negotiation will be the name of the game at the start, to avoid/help the Thalmor to spread.

How much money will be needed to keep/take Riften with the TG agreement? How much also to keep Falkreath, we will have to see with the DB. The last Quest of the DB can also brings you to a twist, learning that Amund Motierre actually works for the Thalmor. Both way, you will have to kill the emporor, but you will learn that the Thalmor promised Motierre to be the regent of Skyrim, when they would have full control of it.

You will have some epic battle to Take/defend Markarth, Solitude, Whiterun or Windhelm. You would be the lead general on your side...

i think this would be a good idea for maybe a next dlc were basically after completeing one side or the other of the original civil war questline ( in the case of the HERO on the stormcloak side ulfric would rule in solitude peacefully until the thalmor attack ) ( in the case of the HERO on the imperial side after ulfrics deffeat the bulk of the imperial forces would reaturn to cyrodil ) in both cases a new imperial general or military leader would step in to skyrim once again but this time rto aid the nords and drive out the thalmor then it's up to you to deside what side to be on

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts