• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Courtesyflush52

Why did they make the Dragonbone weapons fall under a perk? What if you are already level 81 and never chose the Dragon Smithing perk? Now there is no way for us to smith these items. The ability to smith these weapons should be obtained through completing the quests for the faction + after a certain level (maybe level 46 when Daedric weapons begin to appear) for balancing reasons. Those are just my thoughts. Any other speculation please!

Since all other forms of smithing with Dragonbone require the dragon smithing perk I had just assumed that the new weapons would require that perk as well. That being said it does suck for your level 81 character not being able to craft the new weapons. I guess you'll have to build a new character now, but isn't that half the fun of this game?

perkecet

solution: start the game again, you've surely done everything meaningful you can do, and you'd be incredibly overpowered throughout the DLC, what's the fun in that?

Bertrum

Stop Hodoring!
solution: start the game again, you've surely done everything meaningful you can do, and you'd be incredibly overpowered throughout the DLC, what's the fun in that?

I pretty much agree with this. I currently have a level 78 elf that has no smithing perks, so it would be impossible for me to unlock the dragonbone weapons too, but I decided a week or so ago that I would start again anyway, just so I don't easily do the DLC with little effort due to my power.

I've heard it through the grapevine that their will be new content geared towards high level players. Whether that just means better stats for monsters, or something more, I've no idea. Either way this DLC is going to require me to make a new character for turning into a vampire lord.

perkecet

content starting level is 10. i believe the term is highER. my guess is that instead of a 50ish level cap for most enemy types the cap will be around 60. then our other two promised expansions will be the same at 70 and then 80.

Skarv

I just hope it's not going to look retarded, like not just 2 bones with a string that keeps them together >.>

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
Well for Dragonborn sword is (I think)

Dragon Bone
Ebony Ingot
Leather strips

Katt

One other thing to keep on mind. Just because your character is level 81 doesn't mean you can't level up any more either. Bethseda said leveling is not capped, it's only by your perks and maxing out your skills that cause you to max your level.

Even though, I am gonna start a new character for the dlc, more for the fun of becoming a vampire lord. Kept my current character a werewolf so only fitting :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

Adam Warlock

I heard the new Legendary Dragons are supposed to be total badasses to provide a challenge for higher level players.
Can`t wait to find out !

I saw someone comment once that a good solution for providing challenge for high levels is to simply limit yourself by forgoing the uber-enchants and capped armor you`ve earned.
If you`re in dragonscale , go back to hide or iron or even clothes.
If you like longer fights then don`t temper and/or enchant your weapons.
If you`re still overpowered , you can switch to spells/weapons where you don`t have perk boosts.
Or don`t use Shouts, etc.

Where there`s a will , there`s a way .

Skarv

For me a challenge is on Master, with an Iron Dagger, and a normal clothes, without enchants and trying to kill everybody :p

Courtesyflush52

Anyone know if Dragonbone bows have been confirmed? We archers better not get shafted on this!
Yeah every weapon type will be available in Dragonbone. But yeah I'm an archer and i will be royally pissed if I can't get my hands on that bow! I heard that the Dawnguard Fort contains multiple of every Dragonbone weapons.

Chryss

where do you find the crossbows??

Greatsword

In the gameplay, they show you standing with Serena and Soul Cairn Opens, do vamps get it too?
To join the vampires you have to do the first quest for the Dawnguard. Which is going to Dimhollow Crypt and freeing Serana. So he gives you the crossbow before you get the chance to join the vampires.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
To join the vampires you have to do the first quest for the Dawnguard. Which is going to Dimhollow Crypt and freeing Serana. So he gives you the crossbow before you get the chance to join the vampires.
ohh ok. too bad I ain't got it. how is it? is it good?

Greatsword

ohh ok. too bad I ain't got it. how is it? is it good?
Depends on you're archery skill. For me it isn't too useful as I was focusing alot on Two Handed and Heavy Armour and not as much on Archery. But I'm sure it would be great if you had lots of perks in Archery.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts