• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

jsmith100290

I'm trying to play a melee character, that is my preferred style. My major problem is dragons.

Now, once a dragon lands, that's one thing. But GETTING it to land is my main problem. I thought about taking up archery, but I wouldn't use that outside of fighting dragons, so it seems like a waste.

I know there is a shout that brings them down to earth, but I don't think I get that till much later, and I've been avoiding the main quest for the most part (I deliver the horn to the greybeards and leave the main quest for a while).

What is the best way a solo character can coax a dragon to come down so I can bash its skull in?

jsmith100290

My problem is that EVERYONE falls back on dragon rend. The best case scenario is that I have a dozen or so dragons dead by the time I reach that point in the MQ, so dragonrend isn't an option at all.

squaretwo

you can't do anything while it up in the air, my suggestion shoot some arrow.. at least you did a bit damage.. and always follow it to anywhere so that when it come down, you able to melee it. always work for me, even how you love melee sometime arrow needed too :)

If your conjuration is good enough, id invest in a flame atronach. Summon one just as you start a dragon fight and although the long range fireballs wont do any serious damage, it usually seems to get the dragon to land. And try staggering the dragon while its on the ground to give you a little more time to get some attacks in.

Corey

You can use a bow without investing in archery. If you hit it/annoy it enough it will sometimes land. You can also have a companion that uses a bow attack it for you. Then when it lands, bash its skull in.