• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Last night I was in Whiterun, just minding my own business, when a dragon attacked. I didn't think that they could attack cities that are their own "zones," like Whiterun, Solitude, Riften, ect.
Is this new, or was it a glitch?
Luckily I killed it before it killed any one I cared about, but it was pretty exciting too. I felt like I was actually fighting for something. I had something to lose here if say, my primary buyer of looted bandit gear was killed in a gout of flames.

Right in the city. I came out of Dragon's Reach and it flew above my head and then attacked.

blue 468

It happens a lot and I think it's better because you get all of the guards helping you so it's easy to take down even a Ancient Dragon.:pinkdragon:

I've been playing almost daily since February and this is the first time it's happened to me.
I didn't know if it was part of the Dawnguard updates or what.
Either way, it was fun. :p

Gowsh

Old Fart
I now recall that I did see one fly over Riften. It didn't attack, though.

Did this start in update 1.6?

I never saw it happen before that, with around 400 hours in.

My gosh, it's bad enough to step out of Breezehome and be immediately facing a couple of vamps, but now dragons, too?

OMG!! :eek:

Aquillus

Now that you mention it, i dont think a dragon has ever attacked me in whiterun. just every other city and the college of winterhold :confused:

blue 468

I've been attacked in almost every major city and a few of the small ones and I don't have dawnguard or patch 1.6 because i'm on the ps3o_O

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
The in-city dragon attacks were there from the beginning. Whether the chance of their occurrence was tweaked at all, I don't know.

Seems "open" towns (those that do not require a map change/loading screen to access) get attacked with more frequency. In every playthrough I've had, Dawnstar and Riverwood get attacked. I've still never witnessed an attack in Windhelm, Solitude, or Markarth.

Mingolo

Hail the Dominion
It happened to me in Windhelm. I was buying/selling stuff and suddenly there's a dragon throwing fire everywhere...I thought it was weird. I was on my warrior and the dragon had no space where to land, so it just kept flying and burning stuff. To kill it I had to get out of the city and attack it outside.

Medea

The Shadow Queen
I've fought dragons in whiterun, markarth, windhelm and solitude, inside the city gates. The bad thing is you might lose a few side quests if the wrong NPCs get killed. The good thing is, with the hold guards there to help you, you can make short work of any dragon.

juniperbugg

Skyrim addict
All the way through since I started playing back in January Ive had dragons attack in cities, has happened alot in solitude and whiterun usually close to the gate tho. This allows the dragon to troll me while I try to get to it landing outside the walls then waiting until im fed up enough to walk out the gate
then appearing inside the city just cos it can -.-

Rhubarb&Custard

I've had one attack in Solitude, it was awesome seeing it land on top of the merchant, just spewing fire everywhere. :D Winterhold too, it kept landing on the towers and I was like "COME DOWN HERE AND FACE ME LIKE A DRAGON!! :mad:"

juniperbugg

Skyrim addict
Lol I know right, they flap their wings and fly away like big babies ^.^

Arthur Swift-Sword

Swift. Like a Sword.
The in-city dragon attacks were there from the beginning. Whether the chance of their occurrence was tweaked at all, I don't know.

Seems "open" towns (those that do not require a map change/loading screen to access) get attacked with more frequency. In every playthrough I've had, Dawnstar and Riverwood get attacked. I've still never witnessed an attack in Windhelm, Solitude, or Markarth.

Markarth, i believe DOESNT have a chance of getting attacked. The Jarl wasnt lying after all...lol

juniperbugg

Skyrim addict
Hmmm mebe its time to get in to a fight with a Markarth guard and call odahviing for a playdate ^.^

Darks

I now recall that I did see one fly over Riften. It didn't attack, though.

Did this start in update 1.6?

I never saw it happen before that, with around 400 hours in.

My gosh, it's bad enough to step out of Breezehome and be immediately facing a couple of vamps, but now dragons, too?

OMG!! :eek:
riften is a dragon crazy breeding area for me...for some reason they just keep popping up there

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts