does this skill combo work for my character

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
hes a passifistic redgaurd who will wear hammerfell gear and use a alik'r warrior sword. he has an extreme hate for undead so he uses a sword. he likes to talk his way out of tense situations and he uses illusion magic to calm enemies.

so my combo is illusion, speech, and one-handed.
sound good???

Gore gro-Gijakudob

I really like the idea of your character. You will probably find it challenging as Skyrim is combat orientated in many ways but this will just make the character more fun to play. Add basic Smithing to the list so you can really boost the armour rating of that hammerfell armour (you can justify this as inproving armour is not aggressive). If you really want to Role Play the anti-undead thing, use a silver sword. Good luck!

the hammerfell gear isnt armour. its clothing that the alik'r wear. theres also a special alik'r sword that i will use for role play purposes.

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
Why make a new thread? I thought you were already exploring this here: http://skyrimforum.com/threads/question-about-character-build.7219/#post-67907

But anyway, I'll quote what I posted there:
lion man beast said:
you can intimidate people within missions or persuade them to get to the objective. but how good does it work?

The Intimidate/Persuade/Bribe encounters are so few and far between, I don't think it's something worth focusing on. The Speech tree is more financially-driven than actually immersion-driven. The speech options that do appear in quests are so minor that they do not have any significant effect on the overall story.

I fully support your idea of roleplaying this type of out-of-the-box-character, but I don't think you'll be able to do all that you hope to. If anything, this character would be more of a financier, merchant-type rather than an Adventurer.

If Life-As-A-Bard were an actuality, I could see it working. I guess it depends on how much imagination you have and want to invest.

Best of luck regardless, keep us updated on how things are progressing.

I have some questions about how you plan to go about this...

1) How will you acquire the gear you wish to use? (Alik'r Hood, Clothing, Weapon) Or are you granting yourself a one-time exception to pick up the items off an Alik'r corpse?

2) Again, I fully support your choice of playstyle/restriction, how far do you plan to take this? There are questlines where you have little option but to fight.

3) Will you use a Follower and allow this person to fight in your stead?

MushroomGenius

if your going to use a alik'r sword you should get windshear

Great idea, but as that's part of a DB quest... he can't progress that far with his non-killing limitations. Unless he somehow gets extremely creative with his kills... making them "accidents". lol.

Why make a new thread? I thought you were already exploring this here: http://skyrimforum.com/threads/question-about-character-build.7219/#post-67907

But anyway, I'll quote what I posted there:

I have some questions about how you plan to go about this...

1) How will you acquire the gear you wish to use? (Alik'r Hood, Clothing, Weapon) Or are you granting yourself a one-time exception to pick up the items off an Alik'r corpse?

2) Again, I fully support your choice of playstyle/restriction, how far do you plan to take this? There are questlines where you have little option but to fight.

3) Will you use a Follower and allow this person to fight in your stead?
1) i will go through the bleak falls burrow mission easily and ASAP and then take the alik'r mission, side with saadia, bypass my morals to kill the alik'r and then have my equipment

2) he will kill if he ABSOLUTELY has to.. but he will use illusion magic to calm enemies if its possible or he will talk his way through rough spots

3) i actually thought about this.. and not nessacarilly... im going to get meeko the dog to follow me

MushroomGenius

Alright, keep in mind that to trigger the Alik'r presence in Whiterun, I think you also need to complete Dragon Rising. I guess after turning in the Dragonstone, you could see if the Alik'r are at Whiterun's main gate or not. If they're not there yet, I suppose if you wait long enough, the guards at the Western Watchtower will eventually kill that Dragon for you as long as you're there to activate the sequence.

Randomly, you also run into two Alik'r warrior outside Whiterun. I saw them questioning another Redguard woman who happen to be travelling. If you follow them long enough, they may get mauled by a bear or something. You could then, possibly, loot their corpses, but again, the encounter was random and who knows how long they'd live.

Still, best of luck to you, sounds like an interesting play through.

i just do bleak falls barrow and i consider the first dragon attack as part of the mission. after the dragon is when ill do it

i didn't kill anybody, I swear, he ACCIDENTALY fell face first into my flying arrow...

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
There's no need to do In My Time of Need or anything like that to pick up the Alik'r clothes. Go to Radient Raiment in Solitude and they will have everything that you need there.

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
Like 150 gold altogether or something. It's not worth much because they're simply pieces of cloth, with no armour or enchantment on them.