Does Skyrim have anything similar to the Mages tower, and Fighter's Stronghold DLCs in Oblivion?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Skorm305

In Oblivion there were several DLC's which allowed you to have some awesome buildings as your home. There were 3 or 4 I think and each was orientated towards a certain type of character. The Mage's or Frostcrag Spire was a tower up in the mountains that you gain from a long lost family member, which was for mages. There was also the Fighters Stronghold which was a castle for warrior type characters and couple more which I never had.

Basically I want to know if Skyrim has anything like this already in the game? I really liked these DLC's and I really want a freakin' mage tower for my mage in Skyrim. I would imagine that they would have something like this in the game considering they added spell tomes which was also a DLC for Oblivion.

If you know the answer, a yes or no would be just fine. I would rather discover it on my own, though I don't want to look for something that is not there.

bosspatrone

I didn't care much for mages in Oblivion so my memory is rusty, but the Archmage's quarters in the College of Winterhold seem like a simpler version of the Mage's Tower in Oblivion. There is a central herb garden, enchant and alchemy stations and it is technically a tower. Also it actually has other mages, which I'm pretty sure the Oblivion Mage's Tower did not have. No Atronarch summoning or teleporters though.