Does anyone else do clean-up duty?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I get so tired of all the bodies lying about, particularly at the Whiterun gates (vampires, thralls, cultists, dead soldiers and citizens) that I've started cleaning them up immediately. I put all of the baddies in the culvert to the left and stack the citizens & soldiery in front of the barracks (or course they've all been stripped of everything and I've sold it already). I just like it neat. Of course, all the citizens and soldiers left notice the stack of bodies in front of the barracks, but it seems like only Adrianne notices the pile of badies in the culvert by her smithy.

Thoughts?

LOL... Well I like things neat and in place also Daelon . First thing that popped into my mind when I read yer post was ( good thing it's only a game and no one has an ability to smell ) .... or mabye Adrianne can . :D Laters Bro

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
I do this, move the bodies out of the way and all that. I just don't like tripping over them or people stopping to gawk. It finally got so annoying that I cleaned the bodies up, and now I do it anytime there's a body anywhere, except I tend to move em way out of the way, like in the riften waterway, or on top of the barracks in whiterun.

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
ha, I don't think I have quite the dead body issue you have. Different playing styles I guess? I keep my murders to a minimum. I did, however, just pick up a whiterun guard's sword and shield from outside of Warmaiden's because it's been laying there for about a month. (vampire attack).

Benthos

Proud Mer
Anyone who passes a body will most likely take note of it, this goes with the couriers and children (who are essential), shop keepers of any kind, citizens, and guards. Necromancers may resurrect it such as Serana, but what's great is that when I need Dunmer blood for the Discerning the Transmundane quest, I was originally looking for Faendal, since he was one of those who helped max out my Vampire Lord perk tree, I came across the dead cultist and thanks to their bodies which refuse to disappear (unlike guards' bodies), I got the blood I needed without much looking. I was jumped by Dawnguards which let me get an Orsimer's blood, having to go through a cave earlier I collected Falmer blood, and just went to Northwatch Keep for my Vampire Lord perk tree as well as some Altmer blood, I did eventually find Faendal's body, it was blasted underneath some stairs at a spot which was hard to reach, had to go to the other side of everything in order to reach him since I couldn't squat and crawl under to get to it.

Back on subject, when I would normally get tired of it, I would drag the bodies and tuck them out of sight and out of mind like in the river under the bridge at Riverwood, under the walkway that goes over the waterways in Whiterun, into the canals in Riften, etc.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
HA! I do this to. I generally place them in the nearest body of water, or stash them behind a building. I have also started a pile of dead bandit weapons beside my front door steps. You know, just as a warning to other bandits. Oh and I used to dump vampire bodies into the drain beside the smithy in Whiterun :)
Meanwhile...Alvor is still roasting in his forge :cool:

Mr Forz

I'm helping. Mostly.
I can banish the bodies into Oblivion. Useful when needing to get rid of pointless essential characters and to clean up. Otherwise if by any means I can reduce them to ash piles I'll do so.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
I don't care about them getting in the way, but if I fought a strong enemy or something, or a good guy that dies in a quest is there, I sometimes give them a proper burial.

My definition of a proper burial: throw 'em into the bushes!

Although one time I actually did put one person to rest extravagantly. Took me like thirty minutes but I was feeling sentimental at the time and I believes she needed a proper burial:
View attachment 7742

Oh aunt agna, why did he let you go alone!

Sometimes I throw them into rivers, too, and watch them float away...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

My first dog that got killed by bandits... I covered in flowers. Yep that took a long time to.:)

Wildroses

When someone dies in my game they stay there until the game cleans them up. It's not enough that I save the holds from these monsters but I have to clean up after them too? Sorry Balgruuf, not gonna happen :p

Slijkster

I don't really see the point in hiding bodies. Battle trophies are best placed where people can see them in my opinion.
I dragged Lydia into a coffin when she died though:sadface:

Daelon DuLac

I don't really see the point in hiding bodies. Battle trophies are best placed where people can see them in my opinion.
I dragged Lydia into a coffin when she died though:sadface:
I mainly do it to be neat. I get tired of stepping over bodies at the Whiterun gate. The bodies just lie in the culvert forever so I can look at them if I even care to.

MetalHeadManiac

Aela's TRUE husband
I only care if theyre outsideof my hearthfire house like bandits or njada stonearm (She deserved it). What i do it strip them, then put them in the carriage and ship them off to dawnstar...

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
you ever looted someone to find several thousand septims on their person?

Daelon DuLac

you ever looted someone to find several thousand septims on their person?
Yes, as a matter of fact. When Adrianne Avennici got killed by a bunch of vampires right after I bought a huge load of ingots, refined items and ores from her she had 7,822 golds on her and was almost immediately killed by a vampire. When I looted her body, I got all those coins back. It would have been a good day, but my character is apparently her sister or cousin (they look alike) so I felt guilty and went back to a prior save so that I could keep her alive.

tx12001

get this why do you find gold on a goat? or a cow? or a Horse/ or a n Elk? or a Rabbit or a mammoth? infact why is gold part of the animals drop list?

Daelon DuLac

get this why do you find gold on a goat? or a cow? or a Horse/ or a n Elk? or a Rabbit or a mammoth? infact why is gold part of the animals drop list?
I used to ask that question (or gems, gold and jewelry in a troll or wolf or sabre-cat?). I finally justified it as: "They ate somebody". The funniest one I ever saw was a skeever that gave me a Cure Disease potion. Seemed kind of a contradiction in terms to me. :)

Daelon DuLac

I used to ask that question (or gems, gold and jewelry in a troll or wolf or sabre-cat?). I finally justified it as: "They ate somebody". The funniest one I ever saw was a skeever that gave me a Cure Disease potion. Seemed kind of a contradiction in terms to me. :)

tx12001

I don't take things from giannts I don t want to touch anything stored in their loiincloth