Do you think you should be able to murder children?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Gigapact

Lollygagging Milk Drinker (according to guards)
Before I start, I do know there is a mod for PC that allows you to do this. So I'm talking about us xbox and ps players that don't have that option.

Do you think we should be able to kill children in the game? Or is it too immoral? Personally, I think you definitely should be able to. It's more realistic, and hey, it's fair game! I'm the Dragonborn, and if I think some kid is annoying (ESPECIALLY that little girl in Whiterun who talks plops to me every time I walk pass her), I should be able to. It's not like I'm going to start killing a bunch of children in real life.

So, yes, I think you should be able to. You do think children should be able to be killed or not? Whatever your answer may be, why do you think this? I want to hear your opinions!

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
Yeah, I'm all for killing kids. It sounds horrible, but it's a game and burning people alive is pretty horrible, but I'm able to do it all the time from fire that shoots out of my hand. o_O

If games like Grand Theft Auto can exist, then having children killable in Skyrim isn't a big deal. That being said, my characters would never kill them. But I think it would be pretty awesome if those obnoxious vampire raids or a dragon attack could kill them.

But I've seen lots of theories about this and my favorite is that Bethesda put the kids in, made them annoying, and invincible just to mess with players. True or not, it makes for a good story.

Lucid

404: Poll not found :)

Yes, I should be able to cast Frenzy on Nazeem and trust that he will kill Braith. Also incinerate the kid in Solitude that tells me "Adventurers are supposed to look tough". However I do play on PC and don't feel strongly enough about it to modify the restriction. I guess I'm all talk.

Gigapact

Seriously. I know you wouldn't kill them like you said, but I would have to say there would be three that I would DEFINITELY demolish:

1. That little girl I mentioned before that lives in Whiterun. Every time I walk pass her, she's got something smart to say. Things along the line of basically how she's going to beat my ass to a pulp and that she's not afraid of her "elders." So she has threatened me, called me an old fart, and told me she'll never respect me. Gahhh every time I walk by her I just want to give her a big whack.

2 and 3. The Jarl's kids in Whiterun. So spoiled and constantly treating me like I'm the Jarl's damn maid. I'm like, "Bitch, I'm the Dragonborn, and I am thane, so STFU and go fetch me some mead." That little girl is always telling me how she likes her meet cooked rare and blah blah. Nah, I'd kill them too, sorry. So I do the only thing I can do, steal all of their precious jewelry and treats in their room. Call me immature, but whatever!

There must be something in the water in Whiterun that turns the kids into whiny little snot-noses.

But really just because they are annoying, not because I'm some crazed child serial killer. I'm just sick of hearing them bitch.

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE should be killable. I am evil incarnate with just about every character I play and it really narks me that the kids were made immortal and invincible. It's bad enough that quest givers can't be killed. I understand Bethesda did it this way for very sound reasons but I would rather they not include kids at all if it means I can't snipe one of the annoying little bleeps.

Lucid

2 and 3. The Jarl's kids in Whiterun.

OMG the Jarl's kids, I can't believe I forgot about them, Those fetchers have got to go! Even if you side with the Stormcloaks and they get banished to the Dragonsreach basement they still treat you like crap.

Gigapact

Perkless in Skyrim

Sorry my reply button isn't working. But YES I completely agree with you. Ya know what? If you killed a quest giver, then that's YOUR problem, not the games. Especially if you're one of those that just goes around killing average Joes.

It's a little more realistic if you can. Ohhh because I would kill that bitch Maven in a HEARTBEAT. I hate her with every fiber in my little being. I'd burn her to a crisp, then make her my Dead Thrall. Then I would stab her dead thrall. Then revive her once more. Then I would decapitate her. Reviver her again. Then I would stuff her full of arrows. Revive. I would shout her ass to oblivion. Revive. And the cycle would go on and on until I had my fill.

mattizcool

Flying lawnmowers are cool.
I totally agree. It would add realism to the game but I can see why Bethesda didn't. Even better I'd wish anyone can be killed. Maven would be gone in a heartbeat.

DestroyerDevourMaster

"Zu'u Alduin. Zok sahrot do naan ko Lein!"
I completely agree, it sounds awful but then the developers shouldn't have made some of the children so obnoxious :rolleyes: I mean seriously, Braith and Kayd have it coming.

J

Jeremius

Not murder children, but to have the suggestion of having them? That would be okay in my book.

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
I wish that anyone and everyone could be killed, kids and jarls included. Like, in Fable, you could kill every single person in the game (pretty much) and still play it. If you wanted to be super evil and wipe out Skyrim's people, I wish that was an option. Bethesda should have made it so that anyone can be killed... but then, that presents the issue of accidental deaths. What if a quest-giver dies from a dragon attack or vampire attack? They'd have to program them to be vulnerable to YOUR attacks, but invincible in situations like dragon attacks and such.

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
I wish that anyone and everyone could be killed, kids and jarls included. Like, in Fable, you could kill every single person in the game (pretty much) and still play it. If you wanted to be super evil and wipe out Skyrim's people, I wish that was an option. Bethesda should have made it so that anyone can be killed... but then, that presents the issue of accidental deaths. What if a quest-giver dies from a dragon attack or vampire attack? They'd have to program them to be vulnerable to YOUR attacks, but invincible in situations like dragon attacks and such.

If my follower is engaged in combat and gets wounded to the point where they drop to their knee, their opponent starts to ignore them. Unless it was a killing blow. More often than not, in those circumstances it was MY killing blow that did them in. For dragon and vampire attacks this same principle could apply. It would still be annoying as hell to lose a quest through no fault of my own but one of the rules of gaming is to Save Early; Save Often. It should be your own fault if they die and you didn't have an earlier save. It would create greater immersion to have a world with the possibility that someone important might die.

Since quest givers can't be killed it's hard for me to say how often they actually might have died if they get in a fight. I don't think it would be all that often in any event. My solution would be to give anything that isn't supposed to die a boost to it's health that would allow it to survive any reasonable combat situation. It wouldn't guarantee they'd survive but it would make it highly unlikely and still allow me to take them out if I so chose.

I don't remember if any kids are also quest givers but if so I would give them a pass if they had an unusually large amount of health, so long as they were mortal like the rest of us.

Rimfaxe96

Since I'm able to trap a person's soul in a gem and damn his or her soul into the Soul Cairn once I make use of it, trapping them in this horrible place for eternity/until they're "erased" from existence instead of going into an afterlife; yeah, children should be kill-able just like every other NPC. If it wasn't for a few jerks who point their fingers at videogames for being the reason for shootings in school despite obvious reasons such as bullying I'm pretty sure Bethesda wouldn't have cared about immortal kiddies either.
Just because they're not immortal anymore also wouldn't mean that I'd get Wuuthrad and go on a kid-murder-spree, just like I let every other NPC be. Plus, they may be kids now, but sooner or later they might become mercenaries or soldiers. Killers. Won't think they're so cute then. :rolleyes:

Gigapact

If my follower is engaged in combat and gets wounded to the point where they drop to their knee, their opponent starts to ignore them. Unless it was a killing blow. More often than not, in those circumstances it was MY killing blow that did them in. For dragon and vampire attacks this same principle could apply. It would still be annoying as hell to lose a quest through no fault of my own but one of the rules of gaming is to Save Early; Save Often. It should be your own fault if they die and you didn't have an earlier save. It would create greater immersion to have a world with the possibility that someone important might die.

Since quest givers can't be killed it's hard for me to say how often they actually might have died if they get in a fight. I don't think it would be all that often in any event. My solution would be to give anything that isn't supposed to die a boost to it's health that would allow it to survive any reasonable combat situation. It wouldn't guarantee they'd survive but it would make it highly unlikely and still allow me to take them out if I so chose.

I don't remember if any kids are also quest givers but if so I would give them a pass if they had an unusually large amount of health, so long as they were mortal like the rest of us.

Yes I completely agree with you, especially about the follow thing. I started noticing that with Lydia when she would just charge right in front of me. Once she was low on health they would come after me. But my accidental blow to her back would kill her, never the enemy.

But I would think there would be a way for them to make essential players only able to be killed by the Dragonborn. Or like you said, pump them full of hp and the likes. Although if a dragon eats them and tosses them or of they fall from a great height, they're dead anyways.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE should be killable. I am evil incarnate with just about every character I play and it really narks me that the kids were made immortal and invincible. It's bad enough that quest givers can't be killed. I understand Bethesda did it this way for very sound reasons but I would rather they not include kids at all if it means I can't snipe one of the annoying little bleeps.

I concur. Every one should be mortal. There would of course be consequences quest wise, but that's just the way it has to be.

Lucid

If you are truly evil then you would have no issue with it, but, in general No. The exception to that would be Briath. That little b**** needs to be taken out.
And Balgruuf's kids

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
If you are truly evil then you would have no issue with it, but, in general No. The exception to that would be Briath. That little b**** needs to be taken out.
And Balgruuf's kids
Whiny, entitled little punks, ain't they! They're the one thing that makes me dislike Balgruff. He must simply be an awful parent. BTW, where is their mother?

DestroyerDevourMaster

"Zu'u Alduin. Zok sahrot do naan ko Lein!"

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts