do you pick your Race based on future decisions you will make?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

T1d3

Article Writer
not as in "I want to be a mage so I will choose a dark elf" but more like if you want to be a a vampire and a Nord but you are like "I just can't see a Nord as a vampire" or "a big muscular Orc isn't what an archer looks like to me"

I know I do

ShadowGambit

I do for part of it.

For example, I have a hard time thinking of an orc in a robe and casting spells. Or an Altmer in Heavy Armor crushing heads. I know that they can do it, it just doesn't fit for me.

Then after that, following the character I want to play, I would choose a race depending on its racial abilities.

VKitKat

Most Commonly known as The Dragonborn
I do... people say and Orc is the perfect archer... the world's gone mad, I say. (Hehe guard quotes are so funny)

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
I intended to level a pure mage and I disliked the Altmer keenly enough to forgo the 50+ magika. The bretons were nicely suited to the role and visually a pleasant change from my dunmer archer/assassin character.

zane

I'm sort of a mix. So far I've been making characters that have fit "me" as if "I" were in the game. My character's back story starts all the way back to when i was 13-ish with Morrowind, my skyrim character is a RedGuard (because I'm black, he has dreads because I have dreads) who is a descendant from my Oblivion - who is descended from my morrowind character :D

I wrote an entire story about it for a class assignment, just cant remember where I put the file.

Based on that I focus on all schools - mainly Warrior, but I say he retained skills both in archery and magic from his ancestors :D (morrowwing was a Warrior Ranger, and Oblivion was a Warrior Mage).

with the class and race mods i use, it is actually dependent on which race you choose for which skills are the best for that. Races only work for a certain play type, in short.

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
Yes and no. I'm willing to do Nord for just about anything, except for maybe a pure mage character. I think I fall into the same category as Mr. Eastwood; my back story determines more than my race does. That being said, my back story probably plays to a race's strengths...or maybe not. Skyrim is so flexible that way.

General Theodred

for the love of Talos...
No...not considering future decisions. But I do consider their starting traits...Bretons with 25% magic resist caps them all i think....but i am open to choose anything for versatility.

StellaLuna

Yeah, I do. Unless I plan to play them as a... Deviation from the typical race archetypes. Like that Nord mage in the College of Winterhold.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts