Do you honestly use your follower on adventures?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Fate

>Living, Loving, Learning<
I rarely do unless I'm using her for storage for items I find and/or using her for the "Sightless Pit" glitch.

Barakuza

hell no, i hate having a follower, its a great concept, just has to many flaws and for me. i typically use some advanced fighting tactics and most the time a follower will just ruin my entire game plan for some fights. and since i only play on master, sometimes its necessary for me to dodge traps and save them to use on any foes to strong for me to kill head on, and a follower will just prance right over a pressure plate or thru a rope. in all my characters ive never used a companion.

PunWisp

War Mage
I packed mine with all daedric armor and the best sword and shield. I let him do my filthy work. Except on bosses, they die by my hand. He can handle the fillers.

conchvegas

Aravis, deadly archer
I'm addicted to my follower/wife. I can't go anywhere without her now. If I lose her, she catches up eventually, and if I fast travel somewhere, she's right there. I find her a great help in battle and honestly don't know what I do without her now.

Kablewee

I like the mage way better than the sword ones (well the ones I used), Great packmule :) They are really annoying at times but for any item horders lol you def has to have one. Oh, I killed(sacrificed) one of my follower at certain altar quest , the one that came with the house in Riften. Got a sweet armor out of it though.

Fellinio

I take Lydia with me everywhere, now she is all fitted out with legendry dragonscale i couldn't be without her!

Nirix

Using Aranea Lenith ( conjuror/destruction like my main ) , she tends to stay back , does nasty damage and hasnt outright died yet ( unlike her more melee/bow oriented predecessors ) and her pets work nicely with mine .

PunWisp

War Mage
What do you mean by using them as a pack horse?
It means using them to hold all there items until they hit there max carrying capacity. Often called pack mules.

Lilfish43

Once i buy a new house i kill my House Carle.... they are annouing and seeing as though I use conjuration and archery they really just get in the way and get killed or when im sneaking they start running and give me away which is SUPER ANNOUING

David Tyrer

I also use mine as a bit of a packhorse but they can also come in handy to take a bit of the attention off yourself if you need a breather. I've also just made a full set of Dragon plate for mine so she is at least capable of not dying more often than I'd like and is pretty handy with the exquisite ebony sword I gave her. Most annoying aspect of them is their canny ability to wander right in to the precise path of my power attacks. Now that irritates the plops out of me.

MrCostari

I too use mine mostly as a packhorse, but also to keep my list of items short so I don't have to scroll as much looking for the potion I need in the heat of battle. (No, I don't need a reminder I can Quick Key it.) : )

They are helpful in drawing attention away from you though, I have to say that.

In my last game, I was addicted to having the Verminah (SP) priest with me as I had neglected magic entirely but he was awesome at using the staffs i found and weilding his own spells.

Don't think I would want to go it alone, reagardless of the followers shortcomings and annoyances.

How do you drawn their attention away? Give her a task?

Well my follower is useful enough he can kill elder dragons unarmed without losing much health.

I give my follower all the best gear and weapons, and is very useful on a hard boss, or group of enemies. He distracts them and I kill them. My follower currently has all daedric armor and weapons. Hes almost unkillable now.

On what difficulty do you play?

My follower is a melee class fighter. I've given her the Sanguine Rose and she uses it to conjure a dremora in virtually every battle. So while both of them are keeping the enemies busy, I sneak around the back and pick people off with my bow. Only time I dont take my follower is for sneak/stealth type missions.

What is a dremora?

I lost Lydia way back when I was low level (10ish). The followers, for some reason, don't know anything about shortcuts. I was running in mountains, straight downhill, while she decided it was better to take a 3 mile paved road. Haven't seen her since and I will keep it that way. I don't really loot much and as a sneaky archer, I don't need companions. Besides, once she blocked me in a narrow, dead-end tunnel and I couldn't get out... had to reload.

I'm better off alone.

Yeah Lydia once kicked me off a bridge, luckily enough I landed on some rocks :S

i had lydia when i went up against a bunch of bandits. she did great. and shes the one who killed the first dragon at the watchtower. no problem there. but then we got attacked by a dragon in the open and he did a low altitude dive bomb attack and she was gone. i think the dragon grabbed her and dropped her from the air somewhere. i never found her body. then i had jenassa and she was a great companion. but she went mia when i started the db quest. i went to sleep and woke up in the shack never seen her since. then i had aela in full dragonscale and her sneak is pretty high and we had some great adventures. then we got married and she stayed home to run the store. but the ebony blade kept whispering to me in my dreams about how it would be so strong if it had her soul. i gave in one day in a dungeon and the blade got to taste her soul. now im wifeless and companionless. forever alone with a blade that doesnt shut up and is only one point stronger.

You can't have Lydia as a companion before you kill your first dragon :S

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
It means using them to hold all there items until they hit there max carrying capacity. Often called pack mules.

So in essence, you give them all the valuable item that you collect, and then you pick them up afterwards?

A5ko

Dual-Wielding Dragon Destroyer
Never use them, they walk in the way and I end up one-shotting them every single time...

Timett

o_O
I have two Dremora Lords to act as fodder for me. If I accidently blow one back to Oblivion, I can just re-summon him ;).

Sometimes I do use a follower, but it is more for interest's sake than necessity. It is sometimes fun to watch Lydia take flying lessons from Giants.

TheRevTastic

I was planning on using Lydia to carry items that I wanted to sell or just keep nearby, but she got into a fight, without my say so for your knowledge, and got herself killed.

I sat there and laughed, she deserved that pain :|.

Cenobitten

In Hell
Lydia has been with me ever since I became Thone of WhiteRun. Although she might provide inconveniences (blocking doorways, getting in the way during fights, etc.), it is necessary to keep her around as a pack mule and as a distraction for dragons. It is much easier to deal with dragons when you have another living person around you as a diversion for the dragon.
This. Her plus a summoned Dremora from the Sanguine Rose means a lot of the time I can sneak up behind dragons and beat the crap out of them.

Also, I like her :oops: But mainly she's useful for the above reasons. Plus, it's nicer to have someone who really seems devoted to me instead of a sellsword, and she looks f-ing awesome in ebony armor.

It's a real pain in the ass to use shouts sometimes with her around though. I suppose I should take away her axe so she can only use ranged stuff and won't get in my way.

Tiddleykong

Craft-Master cat man Lae Rashea
I play on master difficulty as an thief character you really need a companion for this. I mean his is just a big giant meat shield but without him I would find myself waiting and healing too frequently

MrCostari

Oh wait!! :eek:
So if you run away and they DON'T chase you, you can wait and HEAL yourself??? :O:O
Is that true?
But what if they chase you?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts