• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
OMG...iPag...I have the SAME phobia! :eek: I always thought I was the only one in existence with it, but apparently not! This is comforting to know! I'm still so anxious around balloons, man.
WHOOOOA! I thought I was the only one, too! Hooray! I can't be entirely crazy, if someone else feels the same way!

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
Perhaps it's not a phobia as such, but I generally hate being touched and poked, almost anywhere and everywhere on my body, upper torso especially. The fact that I'm very ticklish doesn't help, but I really become anxious and twitchy when I get poked in a lot of places, even lightly. It's nothing of a major problem for me but just one of those things that I never liked. Suffice it to say it makes things a little awkward with my girlfriend at times ;)

EDIT: The proper term is 'haphephobia'.

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
Perhaps it's not a phobia as such, but I generally hate being touched and poked, almost anywhere and everywhere on my body, upper torso especially. The fact that I'm very ticklish doesn't help, but I really become anxious and twitchy when I get poked in a lot of places, even lightly. It's nothing of a major problem for me but just one of those things that I never liked. Suffice it to say it makes things a little awkward with my girlfriend at times ;)

EDIT: The proper term is 'haphephobia'.

I don't liked to be touched by surprise either, I get scared very quickly. If you approach me from the back and touch my back, I'll freak out. One time when my stepbrother did this, I passed out.

Monolith

The Progeny of Vikings
I don't know if I would call it a phobia per se, but I am not really comfortable with tight spaces. Very slight claustrophobia, perhaps. I don't freak out in elevators or anything of the sort, but the thought of being buried alive under a collapsed building, an avalanche or what have you, is pretty damn scary. I also may have a very slight fear of flying. I don't sweat like a pig and grip the seat with white knuckles all though the flight; in fact if things go smoothly I may be very relaxed, but when there is turbulence my stomach kind of flutters and my heart may skip a beat or two. I guess it ultimately boils down to the feeling that I'm not in control of what happens. Strangely enough I don't have that same fear at all in a car, train or any other form of transportation, even if I'm not the one who is driving.

It's funny cause I didn't have any fear of flying whatsoever till I was in my mid 20s or so. Then I started having recurring nightmares about being in a plane crash, and that got the ball rolling.

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer
Spiders.

I remember when it started too.

When I was something like 6 or 7, I went to take a plops and seen that the toilet bowl was clean. I sat down and did about my business as per usual. When I stood up I looked to see my masterpiece (I mean who doesn't do that) and there was the biggest fluffing spider I have ever seen. Immediately started flushing and tried to spit on it to go into the middle of the bowl. (Some how it was climbing on the sides)

Since then I will kill every spider I have a chance to.

Karen

boop.
Anything with more than four legs, really. I don't know what it is about bugs and spiders and all that, but they just really freak me out. It's silly when you think about it 'cause they're so small and relatively harmless in comparison (which my parents repeatedly point out when I ask them to take care of one for me), but I just flinch when I see them. Glad to see I'm not alone in this though, lol.

Medea

The Shadow Queen
I'm afraid of crowds. It's called Agoraphobia. I don't like being in public places alone (without friends). I also have a slight fear of heights when I'm not in control. If I'm climbing a ladder I'm fine, but riding a roller coaster ain't gonna happen.

Adolf Stormcloak

My title's better than your title
I don't liked to be touched by surprise either, I get scared very quickly. If you approach me from the back and touch my back, I'll freak out. One time when my stepbrother did this, I passed out.

Whenever I see you post, I imagine that cat in your avatar typing on the keyboard and sending the message. I'm pretty easily amused. :D

My phobia is being in large crowds and standing in front of an audience. In school, whenever I would have to present something in front of the class or make some sort of speech, I would always get super tense and anxious. I have to keep my eyes down or look at the wall while I talked or I would start to get shaky or lose what I am trying to say. I'm also pretty anxious around new people I don't know, but I'm sure that's just due to me being shy rather than a phobia.

feliciano182

To clarify, a phobia per se is a crippling irrational fear.

A lot of people say heights, but honestly, who the hell does not get a jump from looking down a thirty story building ?

Cruzz27

Germs...
People who don't wash their hands freaks me the f__k out. I'm not rude about it with people I don't know, but if u are a friend or an acquaintance I will not hesitate to tell u to wash your shiz

Haru

I don't know whether you'd call it a phobia exactly, but I'm really incredibly paranoid about someone breaking into my house. I look behind doors and stuff before I go all the way into a room, and then behind anything else someone could potentially hide behind (even if they'd have to be a midget to fit back there). On really bad nights, I check both my closets before I go to bed. If I wasn't moving out of this house in a year, I'd put bars on my windows. Naturally, I've also put serious thought into what objects in my room would best function as unconventional weapons in case of emergency.

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
I have a serious problem with people touch the front of my neck, like, at all. Not a phobia but definitely the strongest feeling of fear I know. I once stabbed my bro in the leg cuz he was messing around and grabbed me from behind.

Also have a fear of being attacked, to the point that I won't walk my dog without a pistol and two knives, call me paranoid, but when you've been jumped for your shoes, stuff like this happens

feliciano182

I have a serious problem with people touch the front of my neck, like, at all. Not a phobia but definitely the strongest feeling of fear I know. I once stabbed my bro in the leg cuz he was messing around and grabbed me from behind.

Also have a fear of being attacked, to the point that I won't walk my dog without a pistol and two knives, call me paranoid, but when you've been jumped for your shoes, stuff like this happens

Seek a clinical psychologist as soon as possible.

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

A psych won't help, I have two in the family, and the way that they describe it is that they cant fix what won't be fixed. I live in a violent and dangerous place, and I believe that my fears better enable me to survive.

feliciano182

A psych won't help, I have two in the family, and the way that they describe it is that they cant fix what won't be fixed. I live in a violent and dangerous place, and I believe that my fears better enable me to survive.

That you're using the word "psych" is pretty telling of how you haven't seen one in a proper session, regardless, where exactly do you live ?

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

That you're using the word "psych" is pretty telling of how you haven't seen one in a proper session, regardless, where exactly do you live ?
Tucson, Arizona. And I have seen one in proper session, I just have an attitude problem

Cruzz27

Its definitely not crazy that you are extra aware of your surroundings. The world we live in today is insane. I live in Birmingham al and we are rated 6th most dangerous city in the US. Not that ratings matter because anything can happen at anytime anywhere...
But I have seen some pretty twisted and sad plops. Needless to say whenever my friends and I go out, at least one of us has a gun. Its unheard of here to not have protection. You just never know.

Judas

I'm just a big, hairy American winning machine.
It's not a "phobia" per say, but remote controls can't be pointed at me. I've been like that since I was a kid. Don't ask where it came from, but whenever I'm watching tv with anybody or by myself, I have to make sure that any remote isn't pointed at me.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts