Do you ever use exploits/cheats?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
There are only 2 that I play with fairly regularly: the invisible chests and the Restoration Potion Glitch. Though not always both and not with every character. The potion glitch is to create an artifact of exceptional power but I try not to create items which break the game. It's fun for awhile but one-shotting dragons with a punch usually ends with me starting a new character. I like creating Rings of Ultimate Alchemy with a target of around 2000%.

I sometimes use the invisible chests for a boost in gold or if I see a particularly choice magic item. It's hard to view the chests as a glitch when invisibility is a spell you can learn. I just think of them as cloaked. If I'm ever playing a character that *gasp* actually has morals then I wouldn't take from them as that would be stealing from the poor Khajiit merchants.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
stealing from the poor Khajiit merchants.

Poor? They earn enough money they could buy a Hold. They make profit from the war, selling to both sides. They're the only merchants walking the roads. Even a restored Thieves Guild wants an alliance with them. :p

Not to mention they smuggle contraband, and traffic skooma. I wouldn't call them exactly poor, many of them are unwelcome in Cyrodiil and their own province of Elsweyr for being criminals.

There be more to the eye for those hard done by Khajiit. :D

JClarke1953

Got my female Nod Mage up to level 30 yesterday. I've yet to even bother looking for the Scroll's, Artherium War, or the Ohgma Infinium. And I'm not sure I'll even bother.

At this point I'm just working her Alchemy and Enchant abilities, and then I may use that exploit. Since Bethesda f'd up the Ohgma, I really see no point in going after it. As far as the Scroll's, well, Arngier is now at giving me Arcwind Point, and I reverted to saves, waited, and whatever to see if he'd change the location of the Word Wall.

As far as the Artherium War quest, I'm in not much of a hurry, as I never experienced much of a change with having it. I mainly just liked how it looked.

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.

Poor? They earn enough money they could buy a Hold. They make profit from the war, selling to both sides. They're the only merchants walking the roads. Even a restored Thieves Guild wants an alliance with them. :p

Not to mention they smuggle contraband, and traffic skooma. I wouldn't call them exactly poor, many of them are unwelcome in Cyrodiil and their own province of Elsweyr for being criminals.

Certainly they can be scoundrels. I was using poor to describe the fact that they aren't allowed in the holds and are discriminated against universally throughout Skyrim even though not ALL are criminals. Unless price gouging is a crime in which case I'm calling the guard on Belethor.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Certainly they can be scoundrels. I was using poor to describe the fact that they aren't allowed in the holds and are discriminated against universally throughout Skyrim even though not ALL are criminals. Unless price gouging is a crime in which case I'm calling the guard on Belethor.

They're not allowed in the cities, because the caravans are thought to be thieves, skooma dealers and smugglers. Which technically they buy stolen goods, smuggle in Moon Sugar to Skyrim and sell Skooma. So I wouldn't be too harsh on the Nords restricting them. :p

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
The only difference for my on subsequent playthroughs is that I mod it up a bit more than my first playthroughs. I still mainly use more cosmetic mods rather than OP type modding

Lucid

I do use a bunch of visual, follower and equipment mods. The only thing I consider a "cheat" is my handling of Hearthfire homes. I played it cleanly once - never again. I will not spend that much time collecting clay, stone, glass, making nails, etc. again. I use keyboard commands to manipulate my inventory and add what I need to build my house. What can I say, I'm weak.

I'm considering doing the same for the stones of barenziah on my new thief build. I put in the legwork to collect them all the hard way on a previous character, I don't feel like doing it again.

Chadonraz

I sometimes give my horse extra health (like 10000) so (s)he doesn't die (easily). :p

I went through two insanely tough battles that took place literally right after each other using god mode, during Falskaar's main storyline. I didn't have any combat difficulty increasing mods with that character, and the enemies still destroyed me even if it was one on one. :rolleyes:
Next time I won't do that one until I'm high level.

I used to spam leather helmets to level smithing. Can't do that anymore, though. I reinstalled SkyRe, and can't be bothered to waste a perk on leather smithing when I'm using heavy armor.

Other than that, no exploits. Not even the invisible chests (I tried looking for the Solitude one just because, but couldn't find it).
Unless you count very rarely temporarily deactivating Frostfall because I don't want to deal with it. Did that during the CW questline, when I had to run around in the Pale and Winterhold. :D

AJK

Not really. I used the follower/train exploit with Faendal, but that's about it. I've never used a console command.

berzum

Why is the alto wine always gone?
I have several characters for several reason, I have my nord which lvl 600ish that i use to be a OP god. Then i have some that are for roleplaying, Like my newest character Bash'm the orc. I dont use exploits on my Role Playing characters. Fast travel isnt an exploit but I will say if you fast travel or take the shortest route you miss alot. With my orc b/c he is wearing Heavy Armor when i come to a body of water that is more than waste deep I make him find another way to cross it b/c in real life you couldnt swin in Heavy Armor LOL.

chizzbot

I've hit up the Dawnstar chest a few times...mostly for grand soul gems and the occasional enchanted item to disenchant early on. I've done the restoration / alchemy loop, but never more than two or three levels... Just enough to craft a weapon or piece of armor with a slight edge. I don't want to one-shot dragons. I play on PS3, so there's no console commands.

Oh, and I did use a wooden plate to get through the wall for that sweet Katana in Whiterun, but now I regret it.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
I do use a bunch of visual, follower and equipment mods. The only thing I consider a "cheat" is my handling of Hearthfire homes. I played it cleanly once - never again. I will not spend that much time collecting clay, stone, glass, making nails, etc. again. I use keyboard commands to manipulate my inventory and add what I need to build my house. What can I say, I'm weak.

I'm considering doing the same for the stones of barenziah on my new thief build. I put in the legwork to collect them all the hard way on a previous character, I don't feel like doing it again.
I did the same on two of my hearthfire properties on later playthroughs

ZeroDragon

Bring me my broadsword, and clear understanding.
After 314 hours, I finally opened the console deliberately. I just had to change Jordis's clothes - that armour hurts in bed, so she wears vampire armour now

Rimfaxe96

I've been playing with TGM mod only the past few playthroughs and don't intend to change that anymore. I don't consider that too much of cheating in a lorewise point of view, the legendary dragonborn wouldn't have helped or saved anyone if he had died aging only Level 5 because of a dragon landing on him.

Invincible Dragonborn is invincible. :cool:

I
. Anyone else explore all the variety of ways you can spam your way through the early levels?

I have NO idea of what you are talking about! Are you suggesting that the Dragonborn needs any type of assistance?

LuChao

The Martial artist
Never have Never will

unless your DB is Khajiit, then guards only rarely make an outsider comment. More often against my Redguard. I think is should be where you have to sneak/break in to see Balgruuf the first time, like through a sewer or wash grate. Then Irileth's reaction would seem more appropriate.

I found out this weekend that I am always playing Legendary, so once I have hacked my way to Whiterun, I have usually craft my way to restoration augmented enchanting, and gotten armor that meets the challenges ahead.
Once I have used up my supply of healing potions, I have been know to "create" some to finish the level/quest I am in the middle of... otherwise, I'd still be found on road dead, half way to bleakfalls barrow. (maybe I should turn it down for the start)

Snake Tortoise

Here's For Your Trouble
I did this time, I abused Faendal until I hit 50 archery. Pretty cheap, but he was my follower anyway and I'm a pure archer... it proved too tough to resist. I could do the same with that Companion trainer but I won't

I purposefully don't get patches for the game so I can abuse the iron dagger/leather bracer thing

Invader Vin

For the most part, no. Ordinarily I play for the experience of the game, so personally I don't typically make use of exploits or cheats. If anything, I usually use mods that will slow down how quickly a character levels up or make the game more challenging.

However, like quite a few others I may feel like doing something different and playing a character I don't intend on getting too invested in. In these cases I'll make use of the console to add items or level up skills or add perks etc so that I can play something of a one off character for a bit.

Occasionally I've accidentally quicksaved moments before my character's impending doom. There have been moments where I've saved right before getting one shotted by an unseen crossbow bolt, spell or other projectile. So in these moments I'll quickly bring up the console after reloading to turn on god mode temporarily and take the hit then turn it off and continue with an actual chance of doing anything. Once I had even foolishly quicksaved while at the edge of a cliff without realizing how far over my character was. After he fell, each reload he would fall over and over again with no chance to break out of it, so again I used god mode to save him. This is the most extreme case of cheating I'll do simply because I don't enjoy the thought of having to go back to an earlier autosave that was made an hour or more ago. Playing on legendary, it can take time to make my way through things and I don't always fancy having to go too far back.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts