Do you create a stupid looking character or good looking one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

snapzit

Pretty average, and a bit on the dangerous side. I add scars as they move along, but don't change their basic looks much. They may add or lose bulk, depending on their back story and skills. My Bosmer started as a truly skinny young hunter, but now he is slightly heavier with a couple of scars and a haircut. Did I mention he likes to interior decorate, cook, and bathe after a quest?

Mi-Ilu Yahaz

I like to make my characters look realistic in terms of their back story, race, and culture. For instance, and if I remember correctly, ALOT of people kept picking on the how the elves were designed to look different from humans and I thought, "... But... But they're elves... You can't compare them to humans in that way and it be valid." So I make my elves in a manner that could be realistic for an elf (I said could). That way they are average looking and not 'hot or ugly'. REALISTIC!!!! Same thing for the other races too. I'm not looking for 'overly sweet', 'smexy', or whatever, just... ya know, a face that fits the characters and what I plan to do with them... And it takes a loooong time.

Though I do remember making a super ugly character in Oblivion. Why? CAUSE I COULD!!!!

Chadonraz

I'm way too fond of the bright red warpaint that "covers" your eyes. If it's at all possible to use it without making the character look too stupid, I use it. It does look good more often than not. :D

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I never understood the warpaint. I almost never use it unless I'm playing a character that only rarely interacts with folks in cities or towns. I just can't see regular people reacting well to someone with all that warpaint when they're not even fighting (argonians and orcs are an exception though). An example would be: Aela - personally, while I luv her attitude and outfit, I loathe the warpaint. Your a great warrior and a beautiful woman, why do you look like you lost a paintball war and forgot to bathe afterwards?

2 other notes:

Why are there makeup options for men? Sometimes I've played with it but the guys end up looking like drag queens

An on a totally divergent note: Where are the bathrooms in the homes you purchase or build? Even bandit hideouts have a room buckets. Where do we do it? The alley behind the house? In the bushes?

Sorry - random thoughts.

Lucid

I don't think I've ever intentionally created a stupid looking character, but I don't always make good looking ones either. I try for realistic per race and back story as mentioned above. If I haven't spun up a backstory I'll roll a d20 "charisma" score and set the looks accordingly.

My current Bosmer character wouldn't be called good looking by most, but certainly isn't stupid looking either IMO. I really didn't want any softness or prettiness to her. Slight build with a nice facial shape, but with hard eyes, mouth and general expression. Sporting a Mohawk, and badly in need of a bath.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts